• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you consider your co workers your friends?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    you have to interact with them all time. you go to lunch with them. you probably joke around with them.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
    I talk casually to most of my coworkers, although I have yet to meet them outside of work I consider them friendly acquaintances and I can see myself hanging out with some of them/being friends with them.

I don't consider all coworkers my friends, but a certain few, yes.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Well, a couple of my coworkers are my roomates, so yes. Outside of those two, I do have quite a few friends at work. We chat whenever it's slow, trade movies for each other to watch, they read my stories, and a few other things. Not all of my coworkers are friends, but it's the small group of people you hang out with that makes work that much better.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    Recently, not so much. Just two people, one because he's my roomie and the other because she wants the d. In the past, I've formed little bands of friends wherever I work, but I haven't kept relations with any of them. I hope to form a company with future friends, though. That would be rad.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    the last time I worked in a place that was large enough for me to have coworkers I was their boss and a lot younger than some of them at that so the divide between us was pretty clear
    got on well enough as it was still a small men's clothing store and we had to enjoy each others presence or go crazy but my main friend at that place was oddly enough my boss

all the times before that I just worked at local stores and went home as soon as my shift was up so I can't really say I've had coworkers at all, as the only time I've had them was a time where I was their direct superior in the franchise's hierarchy and had to maintain such a relationship despite getting on just fine

Years
    There are definitely a few of them that I consider friends, as there's a group of us that hang out all the time outside of work, and a few others that I play hockey with on a regular basis.

I don't see it any differently than school, though. In both situations, there are people that you don't really interact with, others who you'll talk to once and a while, and then others that you get along with really well.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Unless we clicked well, otherwise every co-worker is a co-worker. No more or less than that.

Years
    My god, no. Not even a little. Aside from the fact that I like to keep my personal and work life as separate as possible, I work with more than one very terrible person who can't help but say all these racist, prejudiced things about, well, pretty much anyone. It's all I can do some days to be in the same room.

Years
    I work with about 6 different people at my pet store. I consider two of them to be friends. Sometimes we hang out, see a movie, etc. The others I don't hate, but I wouldn't consider them to be my friends.

Lucid

Mmmmm... In 2 out of the 5 jobs I've worked only. I wouldn't consider someone a friend unless we interacted or talked outside of the work place. Same went for school too actually.

Sir Codin

They're almost always nothing more than just meatbags I have to put up with.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Definitely! Full-time work is 9-5, which is half of your waking life (during the week, anyway) - that's a long time to be around people that you don't like and it'd almost certainly impact your enjoyment of your work. On the other hand, if you choose to make your coworkers your friends then you are spending at least half of your time with your friends. And you're getting paid to do it. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    At my old job as a server, I definitely considered them friends, especially my manager. I have gone to the special olympics with her to cheer on her daughter, I've gone out to eat with her outside of work, etc. I don't work there anymore, but I still stop by when I can to see her because she's just a wonderful and kind woman, kind of like a second mom, really. As for everyone else, a lot of the people I worked with were in college with me anyway, so yeah, I consider them friends, especially my AOPi girls. One of them has been hugely supportive of me in deciding to go through sorority recruitment and she's put up with all of my dumb questions and covered for me the day of the Panhellenic tea and I cannot thank her enough.

As for my other job at GameStop, I consider them friends too. The assistant manager there was already my friend prior to getting hired and was the person that got me through in the first place, haha. And then the other guys I work with are all really cool and I talked to them a lot before I was hired as well, and of course when the store is slow, it's good to have someone with similar interests to talk to.

I've been very fortunate in the places I've worked to have co-workers that I actually feel more like I'm friends with than just someone to put up with at work. Of course, it's easier to go into work as strangers and come out friends because at least then, you know why you're there and you can do what you need to do and still have fun. Having someone come into a workplace as a friend already can be problematic, at least in my experience.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I do, in the sense that I see them pretty much every day and talk to them about whatever. Like one of my coworkers said, we're in work more often than we have time to be "out" anywhere with other people. Of course we're going to be friends with our coworkers.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Back in my old place in Cali, I still keep in touch with a couple of them because they were the ones who supported my decisions. Plus, POKEMON. :D Our friendships were strong thanks to Pokemon.

In my current workplaces, I do text them occasionally but not as much as the former. However, a co-supervisor of mine keeps talking to me about Pokemon...and that's literally all we talk about. Do you see how Pokemon really does bring people closer? xD

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I'm sort of iffy on the definition of friends/coworkers and I can't really say a definite yes or definite no for this one because you could skew the definition of friendship to be more/less exclusive. I would say they're pleasant acquaintances, colleagues, people I can definitely talk to in the work day and such.

But I'm not sure I would talk to these people by choice if it was a matter of being outside of work and such! I do occasionally have post-work drinks with them and there's a good environment at my place, but there isn't really anyone at my work place that's particularly close with me, though I guess two of them are people I trust enough with my locked up twitter account? So by most definitions I'd say I have a couple of work friends. I wouldn't exactly classify the co-workers I have added on Facebook as proper friends, though.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    I got one of my best friends hired there, so I dont consider her a coworker. Although, my actual coworkers, there are a few I do consider legitimate friends. Even some that no longer work there.

Azelfino

Willpower
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I guess I could consider 4 of them to by my friends out of hundreds! My day goes by so much quicker when I work with them.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Two of my coworkers are family, one doesn't like me because I expect him to actually do work, and one I would say is a friend.

Back