• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you donate to charity?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Do you donate to charity?

I sometimes do, but probably not as often as I should. I did today though: I donated some money to the World Wildlife Foundation, because a commercial told me that pandas need my help, so I went on their website and adopted one. I think that my money goes toward keeping pandas safe in the wild, and I also get a free panda plushie, and a photo of my panda, and some other nice things.

Do you donate to charity? If so, which ones, and how often?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I like to donate to charity , when I have some coins I dont actually need them , I donate them to the charity box

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I donate to the World Wildlife Foundation and usually help out with my church

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I never have the money to donate to charity and not find myself broke. Why not just tax the church? That should take out at least a portion of the economic problems in America.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I can't donate as much as I used to because I lack the moneys to do so. :<

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    One thing that is good about donating to some charities though is you sometime get free stuff for giving them a certain amount of money. I've gotten a few stuffed animals and a keychain or two for donating to WWF...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I try to when I have the money, but when I don't, I usually bring every can of food in my pantry to food drives at my church. I also go on mission trips and help one of the poorer parts of the neighboring city, which is close to where I used to live. My parents also work in charities and I worked at United Way as an intern for a few weeks this summer.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I rarely do only because I am both picky with charities, and I am only a student.

I only donate to ones that research or deal with Juvenile Diabetes.

Years
    I rarely do only because I am both picky with charities, and I am only a student.
    I'm picky with charities, too, because I've donated money before and later realized the group wasn't disclosing everything they used the money for up front. It means I donate far less often, but in my opinion not donating is better than donating to the wrong cause.

I also have less money nowadays and more expenses.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Not to mention that some of these cancer charities use money mostly towards medicine, as opposed to research (which is what they usually advertise).

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I donate with coins. But I am not generous enough to donate more than $1 at one go.

Years
    Uh, no. I barely have any money to support myself. The only one I donate to no matter if I can afford it or not is St. Jude

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Am I a bad person for not giving money to charity, as in walking in and donating? The only I donate (that I know of) is when I buy stuff, $1 goes to a certain charity. Or when you buy daffodils for cancer and such, that really the only way I support.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Whenever that old lady is down at the store, I put all my spare change in the little box she brings.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Am I a bad person for not giving money to charity, as in walking in and donating? The only I donate (that I know of) is when I buy stuff, $1 goes to a certain charity. Or when you buy daffodils for cancer and such, that really the only way I support.

Does anyone care? What you do with your money is your business, in my opinion.

Anyway, I usually donate if I'm walking by guys on the street asking for donations, since I don't mind and it's a good way to get rid of spare change, lol.

Back