• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever associate someone's personality with their avatar?

Association by Avatar?

• Yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Have you ever looked at someone's avatar and subconsciously assumed that said person's personality was as such (as in the personality portrayed in the avatar even if it's an abstract picture)? Then do you proceed to treat that person based on your previous assumptions?

Other than that, have you ever mistaken someone's gender based on their avatar choice?

Sort of like reading a book by its cover...

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    Well, sometimes I base personalities off of avatars but not too often. Although I always assume that a person is of the gender their avatar portrays >.<

Ayselipera

I associate what they look like with their avatars, not their personality.
    Haha yes, I also always mistake someone's gender based off their avatar.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Hmm... Never judge what someone shows, even their bio can be biased.

If that doesn't answer the question, then no, I don't. I judge by reactions and what they tell me.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Oh god yes, if someone has a jpeg avatar, they're a jpeg kinda person :/

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    There is absolutely no correlation between a person's choice of avatar and his/her personality. That's my stance on that issue, at any rate.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    People change avatars too often for me to do that sort of thing, really.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
    it depends on their username...for instance...if you know the show, you will probably be led to believe i like full metal alchemist ?
    i know its crazy, but like the person above me probably likes to pokemon battle? idk. Though yes, i catch myself doing this from time to time and have to remind myself "no. Their avatar does not nescesarily reflect personality" then i durastically change my post to what i think is about as mono-tone as can be.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I just look at an avatar and determine whether I like it or not. However, if someone has a cool avatar, I generally see them as a cool person.

Though if you have a Scrubs icon I'll more than likely love you anyway.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Not really. I have a tendency to check and double check the facts before assuming something. And then, just because I hate/like your avatar does not mean I hate/like you

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I generally don't so it. Usually when I look at an avatar, I simply determine what they like, as guessing people's Genders by their avatar is usually wrong.

Back