• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever play as your other gender?

Do you play as your other gender?

• Total voters

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I play as both. It's usually a spur of the moment thing. And most of my runs are for the lulz, that I never complete, so I just pick a random gender.

GOG TOXIC

Competetive n00b
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    I generally play as my own gender, male, but when the guy looks absolutely retarded, like in daimond, pearl, platinum, I'll play as a girl

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yup, I sometimes like the opposite genders outfit so I would go with it, or when I have the two different versions I'll be a boy in one and a girl in the other.

WilowWisp

Lurking in the shadows.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    I stick with my own gender, female, unless it looks ridiculous.
    I only went as a male in Emerald because I despised the game sprite for the female.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I am a girl but I will play with BOTH genders. I buy both versions of the game and I almost always choose the opposite character as the one I chose the first time.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I've played as May multiple times during the days of Pokemon Emerald. The first time was kinda funny, because of the idea of me playing as the female protagonist. The other times was because I was bored and had nothing else to do.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I usually pick the girl because the boy's design just fails. The only girl's design that I don't like is May in Ruby / Sapphire. She look's like she's trippin' everywhere when she runs.

But of course, whenever I first get a new game, I always pick the boy. I usually then do another run through as the girl.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2010
    I think pretending to be a girl as a guy, or vice versa, is pretty weird. I mean these people should probably just do that in real life instead of bottling up these urges. It's healthy really.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I have played as the other gender before. It's not real so I don't think it matters much. However recently I've stuck to playing as a male character.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Usually in my first few playthroughs I'll play as the character of my actual gender (female). After a while I'll do a few playthroughs as the male, just for a change of pace. It's only a sprite; doesn't mean much one way or the other.

... In SoulSilver, though, I specifically chose (and planned to choose) the male character because A) I dislike Lyra's design, and B) nostalgia. Silver Version was my first real Pokemon game; in Silver there was no female character option.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I tend to do it every now and then on some playthroughs. It can get kinda boring being forced to look at the same sprite all the time and it's a good way to add some variety.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I mainly just pick the character that I actually like but I mostly pick the male character.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
    Althought I prefer to use my own gender, I only pick the female character to see what the dialogues would look if I played as her or (in the case of Castlevania 64, for example) to see what is the difference of using the female character.

Years
    Which ever one looks better is the one I generally pick. I love Kris, but alsolike Gold, so it's 50-50 on that one. I like Brendan, and may's back sprite looks stupid. I much prefer DP Dawn to DP Lucas, but in Platinum, that's not the case, i like both, but usually choose Lucas. In HgSS I always use Ethan, cannot stand Lyra's look. I like both the BW characters.

Back