• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you find sad things amusing?

Years
  • Yes. I have a sick sense of humor. XD

If I see someone get killed on a TV show, I'm just like "Ha." XD

It's even funnier if it's slow. :x

If it isn't violent or someone getting what they deserve, though, I usually don't find it very amusing.

Years
  • I have never found sad things funny. I've always been able to vividly imagine what the other person is going through, and I don't find it at all funny.

Some people laugh out of nervousness because they don't really know how else to react, or to avoid empathising because its too much to cope with, which is understandable but often provokes the wrong reactions.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
  • Once in awhile I think I will find it funny, but for the most part sad things just make me cry a lot XD; Oh, but when I talk about sad things that have happened to myself when talking to my friends, I laugh ^^; To make it seem like it's not such a big deal or something like that.

Maybe your laughing at sad things is a coping strategy, so you won't cry? XD It makes sense to me at least.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • hmmmm,well almost all the time,heck if someone falls sliping cuz of the skin of a banana,i'd laugh my head off,yes i know...I'm sad

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • I personally think that sad events and destruction are some of the most hilarious things to watch on TV.

Especially when there's a lot of irony involved.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • It usually depends. Of course I wouldnt find tragic things to be funny like if my favorite anime character died I would be really depressed but if its in a case where the character does something really stupid and the outcome ends up being sad...I guess that could make me laugh...I dont know. I'm not the type to laugh about things like that because I think its really mean. :< I mean as for things on the news, I usually get scared, depending on the situation because I always feel like it could happen to me one day and I always feel bad for the person because they lost something really precious to them...I mean how would you feel if that happened to you? Would you just laugh at yourself because you lost something you loved or would you cry? o_o I always try to put myself in their shoes because...if it was something that happened to you, I bet you that you wouldnt be laughing at all, now would you?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • It depends on the situation... like the other day we watched this really painful looking video of this guy who got injured (dislocation) by accident and I found it funny then for some reason. But generally it depends on the seriousness of the "sad thing" that happens. I certainly wouldn't find it funny if lives were at stake for example.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
  • Yeah I laugh at everything on TV. Even when the Twin Towers fell down, that was funny as hell.

...wait.

That was not funny at all. 3,000 peopled died on that unfaithful day. 3,000. You sir, are a very sick person. I've never met someone as sick as you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • It depends on how serious is the thing that makes you sad and the type of thing as well.
    Usually if it is something like a "blooper", I'd laugh, if it is funny enough. But if the "blooper" turns into someone getting hurt badly, I'd probably feel sick and stop watching it.

I dont read stuff that often, but since I cannot visualize things too easily I wouldnt neither laugh or be sad, I'd feel something that I couldnt express.

By the way... I'm kinda shocked at some of the answers here... seriously... OoO

Back