• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Hate A Band/Artist?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I don't hate any particular band or artist, I just choose not to listen to them. I understand that people will have different musical preferences then my own. "Hating" a certain genre of music just because you don't like it is rather juvenile.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Chibiest Absol ever :3
    Years
    ...Miley Cyrus needs to go die.

Pretty much any people that my little sister listens to with the exception of Nickleback which I love.

I'm not a fan of rap at all. And... Well... Basicly all the genaric teen crap is the stuff that I hate, because the sings ALL SOUND THE SAME!!! SERIOUSLY!! Listen to a few of the songs of different people and tell me they don't sound the same.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
    Do You Hate A Band Or Solo Artist? I no arguing this is a personal opinion.
    I hate Lady Gaga and All Rap Artists/Bands. I also Hate Avenged Sevenfold, Metro Station, The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Any music my friend Laura likes. XDD

basically i hate what you said except i like AX7....

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    There are a lot of bands that I don't like but there are two that I just cannot stand at all.

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Avenged Sevenfold. Holycrap hatehatehatehathethehata!

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    You can't really say that you hate a certain band or artist if you don't like the genre itself.

So I'll stick with genres that I generally enjoy.

U2 - What's the difference betwwen god and Bonno? God doesn't walk around thinking that he's Bonno. I've never really understood the mega following..I mean I can sort of understand why they're are considered good, but I don't understand the religion.

Oasis - I don't really want to go into this one...I'd end up going on too long of a rant.

Arctic Monkeys [Post Humbug] - That's right, they suck now..Sure they can't go on doing the same thing all the time, but my god..They're new album is just too far away from their original stuff.

There's many more that I could list.

Years
    i really really don't like any of the aethist bands my nephew listens to (and forces us to listen to too, since there's only one computer).
    that would be:
    lamb of god
    deicide
    and any others
    non-religous:
    metallica
    ac-dc
    any scream-o
    iwrestledabearonce
    jobforacowboy...others...

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Everyone from Disney, they all SUCK. My sister used to listen to this **** at full volume and my ears bled every-time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I think any music that has true effort and genuine musicians and singers putting all they can into it, deserves recognition.
    I dispise music which is purely made to make money, like producers writing ll the music and making someone with the right "look" to be the face and image.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    Jonas Brothers I hate them, it seems they're songs is like I heard them before, well not quite original. :|
    I think that it so far. I hate the local artists here at ours, all of they're songs are stupid, ridiculous, and nonsense, especially some bands at ours, making songs that is so nonsense.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I don't really think I hate any specific band. I just hate specific genres. :x

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    LEAVE LADY GAGA ALONE! ;_____;
    seriously, how can you guys hate her?
    I don't like the Jonas Brothers. PERIOD. I just don't. Their music is the same teen pop crap as usual, and they pretty much haven't done much to deserve their fame.

Because we hate her, I can't stand her music I think its horrible. Shes on the same level of hate as the Jonas brothers

:t354:TG

Years
    ARGH!

I hate Lady Gaga, Disney stuff, Rap
    I dislike Green day

there's everything that came into my mind for now

wait, does that mean you like it or don't like it???
    Jonas Brothers are okay, but they're not my fav.
    True, Disney kinda has the same songs and peoples advertised ro whatever. it always has that happy beat and pop...

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    LEAVE LADY GAGA ALONE! ;_____;
    seriously, how can you guys hate her?
    I don't like the Jonas Brothers. PERIOD. I just don't. Their music is the same teen pop crap as usual, and they pretty much haven't done much to deserve their fame.

You just contradicted yourself there buddy.

You say you don't like the Jonas Brothers because their music is the same teen pop crap as usual? Well tell me how Lady Gaga differs from that? She can't sing live (she's proven that many a time). She had a few big hits yes, but that's because it's the "same teen pop crap" that keeps being released. She's another Britney Spears. Can't sing live to save herself, has some voice editing on her tracks and presto - another pop queen.

What's funny is that everyone looks up to her like she's some sort of pioneer of the music industry. She's done nothing for music except for bring out some cheesy pop tunes that do well on the charts. That isn't hard to do for anyone that can sing moderately well and has the right connections.

Look and think outside the square. She won't last long.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I find it hard to really see why people hate Lady GaGa so much. She's popular and thereby overexposed, or she's a rumored hermpahodite. That's all I can see...
    ("her songs are crap" isn't enough to justify an argument. If you don't like her songs that's fine, but don't go calling them crap when other people are fans of them. You're just being biased.)

She's a fantastic performer live, and a great entertainer overall. And she's never been "overpaid" a day in her life; she's hit bankrupcy more times than you can count with all the outlandish (and I'll admit, some of them are downright stupid) fashion choices she's putting her money into, her music videos, and her live shows.

Back to the topic at hand, I could write a book on how much I hate the Jonas Brothers. (And that is SAYING SOMETHING.) They're untalented (Nick is the only one who has even a slight amount of talent), ridiculously overexposed, and only even looked at because they're considered by 12 year-old girls to be OMFGSOEFFINGHAWT!
    Their music is vastly overproduced, their videos are ridiculously over-the-top and bland, unoriginal and lack artistic value. ("Lovebug" is the closest thing they've ever come to doing anything artistic, and the idea for the video has been done before and doesn't fit with the song.)

The same can be said for most Disney artists. (Especially Miley Cyrus: I lost all faith in humanity when I heard a story about people b!tching that emo music is for people who should commit suicide and that "The Climb" isn't even slightly emo; it's "her just being sad and showing that she goes through hardships, too!" What in GOD'S NAME DOES MILEY CYRUS HAVE TO ENDURE THAT'S SO EFFING HARD? NOTHING.) Talentless, overexposed, overrated, somewhat attractive hacks. The only thing close to an exception is Taylor Swift, who is, at best, talented and someone people can easily gravitate towards due to her kind persona.

Meh, go to hell, Disney. >_>

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I don't really hate any bands, but I really dislike Nickelback especially. I just don't like them at all. ACDC and Coldplay are two others I don't really like either.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    The Yeah yeah yeahs. i don't like her voice.

jobros. don't like them either
    hannah
    lady gaga
    im not really liking the new stuff from the killers.
    green day

Back