• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Hate A Band/Artist?

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    Do You Hate A Band Or Solo Artist? I no arguing this is a personal opinion.
    I hate Lady Gaga and All Rap Artists/Bands. I also Hate Avenged Sevenfold, Metro Station, The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Any music my friend Laura likes. XDD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I've never found that I hate a particular artist, group, or band. I've found myself finding distaste in a particular artist due to reasons such as them attracting so much unnecessary attention during incidences that don't portray talent. I don't like how the media works with the entertainment industry. In most cases, artists seem to grow bigger and bigger when something is publicly announced in the media, thus the fans increase. I don't think untalented artists should have so many fans just due to something the media had to do. But I guess that happens in any case. It's just unfortunate.

I've found myself getting rather distasteful of Lady Gaga with the whole hermaphrodite controversy being spoken of. The more it seems to be discussed, the more people seem to become obsessed with talking about it, learning about her, and displaying how obsessed they are of her. Currently, she's the only artist I've found such distaste for, however. There were probably many others in the past, but I can't be bothered to remember them. :(

Years
    I grow to dislike anyone that is hyped up or generally any pop singers or rappers. I also don't like screamo, or any screaming for that matter.

I don't dislike any artists in particular, just those that fall within certain music styles - which is what I judge them on.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'll listen to almost anything, but I don't like most Disney people. They don't really have any pizazz in they're music; they're only doing it because they're on Disney channel and they has the powarz to do that. Oh. And Taylor Swift. Carrie Underwood > Taylor Swift.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    LEAVE LADY GAGA ALONE! ;_____;
    seriously, how can you guys hate her?
    I don't like the Jonas Brothers. PERIOD. I just don't. Their music is the same teen pop crap as usual, and they pretty much haven't done much to deserve their fame.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I much prefer the sound of farting over the mundane, sloppy attempts at art/political statements/fame/nothing-in-particular that I hear on hit stations.

Years
    Lady Gaga, and The Jonas Brothers, are the most utter annoyance that I have ever attempted to set my ears to. I never have listened to any of them. (Besides a commercial or something) but they're Pop, and pop=crap. And while I'm at it, I might as well say I hate all pop/rap crap... Also, while I'm at giving off bad names, I'll just say: "you can't spell crap without rap"......I just had to say that. But I'm not gonna rant on about this xD I don't like them, nuff said.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    Absolutely cannot STAND Lady Gaga. She can't sing live, she has no talent in the singing field, yet she is making squillions of dollars from voice editing her tracks to MAKE her sound good. Disgusting really. She should go back to being a stripper.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I give a lot of music and bands a fair chance - this is because I don't want to do the stupid, hypocritical thing of dismissing an artist or band and end up loving them.

I agree with Nick though, the whole Lady Gaga thing is starting to get on my nerves because of so much Speculation going around her and her gender.

Years
    I think hate is an unhealthy thing. It's okay to dislike things, but voicing hate will upset people. D; There's no need to feel so strongly negative about something as trivial as music. I mean, look at all the Lady Gaga fans you've now potentially upset. PC is full of them.

Though yes, I am getting bored of hearing about her, especially since I'm not really a fan of hers.

I don't like some popular music, or some heavier music. Live and let live. D; You guys need hobbies to put all your energy into, not hate for music.

You make one good point xD But although, I couldn't stand to listen to any pop whatsoever... anyway.... so.. It's not like ima just point out Lady Gaga, when (My opinion) any Pop artists have skill. But I will give credit to how many fans she has. But I'll just stick to my Death Metal =P But you make a pretty good point xD

Last edited:

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I think hate is an unhealthy thing. It's okay to dislike things, but voicing hate will upset people. D; There's no need to feel so strongly negative about something as trivial as music. I mean, look at all the Lady Gaga fans you've now potentially upset. PC is full of them.

Though yes, I am getting bored of hearing about her, especially since I'm not really a fan of hers.

I don't like some popular music, or some heavier music. Live and let live. D; You guys need hobbies to put all your energy into, not hate for music.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I never hate a particular artist, if I don't like their music then I just wont bother listening to it, simple. I don't see why a lot of people are hating on Lady Gaga. Although I'm not sure why some people love her so much either, but whatever; they can listen to what they want, who am I to tell them that their favourite artist is awful?

Hating on particular genres is something I don't do either, it seems the most hated genre is hip hop. I may not listen to Eminem, but I can appreciate that he has talent.

Years
    ^You make one good point. But I can't say I dislike a band or artist, when it's a more powerful "dislike" but I do see what you mean. I suppose I'll give credit for Lady Gaga for actually obtaining so many fans. And I also don't see how I could just stick one particular artist (in pop) out there, when I couldn't stand to listen to any pop whatsoever. I'll stick to my Death Metal, thank you very much xD But yes, makes a good point ^

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
    Do You Hate A Band Or Solo Artist? I no arguing this is a personal opinion.
    I hate Lady Gaga and All Rap Artists/Bands. I also Hate Avenged Sevenfold, Metro Station, The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Any music my friend Laura likes. XDD

I LOVE Avenged Sevenfold. So that's my favourite band.

I hate, Panic at the disco, Jonas brothers and bring me the horizon.

Years
    There are plenty of groups I don't like. I can't say I hate them, mainly because I don't know any of them personally and they haven't done anything wrong to me. These are the ones I absolutely can't stand to listen to, though.

-Streetlight Manifesto
    -Reel Big Fish
    -The Jonas Brothers (duh)
    -Miley Cyrus
    -BrokenCYDE (for the most part, at least. FreaXXX is the only song I that isn't total garbage to me)

Back