• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you judge a person by what kind of job do thay have?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    For example, If you are janitor, you must have this type of personality, this amount of IQ

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No there are so many circumstances why someone has the job that they have. To assume something about someone just because they have a "low end" job just shows ignorance or poor education on your part. With that said sometimes I personally feel bad about myself because of the job that I have and the stigmas attached to it. I mean I realize a lot of people my age still have ****** jobs like me because they're going to school, but I just feel bad about it because I want better for myself and I want to feel proud of my work. I really hope I pass my course just so I can finally get the job I want and actually feel proud to tell people what I do.

KentuckyFried

The World Needs More Trubbish
    Years
  • Doing that would be extremely naive. There are a lot of people I know who have degrees, certificates, even MULTIPLE degrees, but the field of work they chose to specialize in doesn't offer jobs, like, ever. By that, I mean you're on a wait-list for a full-time job, or it's extremely hard to find a job. Examples of this are teachers, photographers, etc. Just because you graduate university or college doesn't mean you're going to get a job fresh off the boat, right out of school.

I actually think it's admirable for people to work at gas stations, or be school janitors. At least you've put your application out there, and you're making SOME form of income, rather than sitting at home moping around because you didn't get the job you want. With the amount of unemployed people out there, it's a privilege to have a paying job in the first place.

So yeah, I don't think the job matches the IQ. The job reflects how much effort you've put into your education, and how ambitious you are. There's probably tons of smart people out in the world who could pass a university course with ease, but they settle for a grocery store job because they "don't want to go to school" or "they're comfortable where they are."

One person that comes to mind for this topic would be PeanutButterGamer. He's a regular gaming Youtuber who probably makes VERY decent money, considering he's only paying for his own expenses. He used to be a janitor. Is he still a janitor? No. Does he have a university degree? I dunno. But he's found success in his own way, and people love his content.

I believe the type of job you have varies for every individual's own situations, not IQ or personality.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    dogtree, bruh, my dude, homie, just why?

No I never judge people based on their jobs. I've never met someone who does that and I hope I never will.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Pretty much the entirety of the population has a job that isn't exactly up to their standard or what they have the skills and ability to perform. People have to settle for less sometimes. Because of circumstances, job market, and location. Because of hours available, duties they may have outside of work (like raising children), and other life things. It isn't black and white when choosing a job and that the job defines the person's skill set and worth as a person.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'll forever judge myself based on what job I have.

I won't judge others. I don't know their lives and why, at the very moment of my choosing not to judge them, they are doing the work they're doing.

Years
  • People tend to judge others based on the job they have and all kinds of other things, that's just natural... It certainly doesn't mean it's right or acceptable, though.
    In fact, it's pretty shallow, since most of the time we are not able to observe someone enough to judge them properly.
    Since I never worked one day in my whole life, I can't really judge others by the job they have...
    On the other hand though, it does happen that I get judged because I never had a job!
    Do you think it's alright? Personally, I don't mind; I have my reasons for not having one, and I can give you the silliest ( but true ) of them all: I can't be arsed to, especially if it's a crappy or boring job. No thanks.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I only judge a person by there actions like if they did something bad or good. Though I have problems with people who are just sitting around not even looking for a job, since I have a family member who is like that. He won't get up and get a job and instead he makes excuses.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'll forever judge myself based on what job I have.

I won't judge others. I don't know their lives and why, at the very moment of my choosing not to judge them, they are doing the work they're doing.
    Actually, I want to post saying that I agree with this. I do judge myself on what job I have as well.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • When I was little I used too. As I grew up and I myself landed bad job after bad job after bad job, the judgement sort of subsided. I'll only ever judge people now based on how they treat me and others.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Dogtree, I sincerely hope that you brought this with you:

do you judge a person by what kind of job do thay have?

Now for the topic at hand, the unemployment rates are something serious, & what doesn't help is the fact that most employers factor in the person's overall experience when (s)he's in the workforce. Thus, Degrees aren't the be-all, end-all of this society. If one has to actually get this needed experience, they unfortunately need to start lower.

With that in hand, I won't judge people on which position they have in the workforce - I know as much as them that we should be grateful for what we have.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    i don't understand this website. People seems to be like nice guy, no judgement, all about love. But, i am sure you would rather let your son or daughter marry stock broker rather than janitor, server, retailer etc.. any low skill jobs

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • i don't understand this website. People seems to be like nice guy, no judgement, all about love. But, i am sure you would rather let your son or daughter marry stock broker rather than janitor, server, retailer etc.. any low skill jobs
    I'm pretty sure that any good parent would just prefer their child to be financially secure. In most cases, at least. Logic is not your forté, it seems.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    i don't understand this website. People seems to be like nice guy, no judgement, all about love. But, i am sure you would rather let your son or daughter marry stock broker rather than janitor, server, retailer etc.. any low skill jobs

Definitely dude. You're talking to a class A golddigger here. Marry for money not happiness!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    After read these coments, can we all agree that we do judge a person by what type of job they have ?

Years
  • Not really. I'm friends with just about anyone that's nice and respectful to me that I can relate to on certain levels. That could be anyone in any profession. I do however judge romantic interests based on their profession - I like dating people with a surplus of education, just education received is an extremely sexy characteristic. Which I guess is why I've dated so many freaking doctors.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • A little but rarely does it carry much weight in my opinion of someone. Unless they were doing a job I saw as UNETHICAL, I wouldn't judge them negatively, if they were, I'd judge them for it to an extent. If they were doing a job that was highly beneficial to society, then it would give me a little more respect for the person. Not the most important thing to judge everyone by though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Guys can I respectfully ask that we stop with all the "oh god dogtree again" stuff? It's really not necessary. If you don't think it's a good thread then you don't have to reply to it.

Anyway - in an ideal world I guess we'd all be doing these highly-skilled highly-paid jobs. But it's not an ideal world. There are not enough highly-skilled jobs for everyone and a lot of people, for whatever reason, might not have the needed skills anyway. And usually, that's not really their fault. Everyone's gotta get by and if that means getting a low-skilled job then that's still one more low-skilled job than you had before.

Besides, these jobs all have their role in the bigger picture too. Some people might look down on someone for being stuck as a cleaner / fast food server / whatever, but if you think about it I'm pretty sure you're glad that those jobs exist.

No matter how smart, kind, hygienic, sociable or even good looking you are it is all secondary to your bank figures.

I dunno man. I do truly believe that to some people money doesn't matter at all, and that it matters but not all that much to some people. A lot of people are greedy by nature, sure (although I dunno if I'd go so far as to say that people are inherently greedy - I dunno where I stand on that one. I think there was a thread on it a while back, haha), but not like... everyone. And I feel like just because someone may be greedy by nature doesn't strictly mean that all of their emphasis goes on material things. Just some of it.

Back