• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Know Someone With a Weird/Cool Name?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    This creepy guy at my school is named Xander. I just think it's unusual because most people with that name would use Z.

Sirfetch’d

I knew someone named Ocean, and someone else named O'shun, though the latter was pronounce o-shawn.

There was someone in my biology class last semester with the name of Ocean as well and I always thought it was a really cool and unique name. I thought she was the only one, but apparently not. Her's was actually pronounced ocean though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2013
    My uncle is named Chu on his birth certificate. Real name and all, though something funny my dad and his brothers call him Chewy or Chewbacca from Star Wars XD.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I know a guy and his name is Guinobyrt, pronounced as gino-bert. My best friend's name is Christalyn, (which I don't really think is weird but I consider it as unusual) pronounced as kris-talin. Oh, and there's Cheeny, Venedict, and Xyrkcysz, pronounced as surk-sis. He says his parents named him that because they wanted him to be good at algebra, unlike his father, who wasn't really a mathematician.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I once knew someone named Aboobacar. No joke. I'm not sure if that's the exact spelling, but that's exactly what it sounded like. Also knew a Bon-Qui-Qui. Again, no joke.

I also have met people named Adonis, Giusepe (Juh-SEPPY), I know, like, 3 girls named Ajia (Asia), and Kaenite (It had a weird spelling, pronounced KAY-not).

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    A girl at my school was named Cherry Pie (not actually sure of spelling/spacing tbh). And there was this kid with the nickname Fish. Odd that it all boils down to food.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    theres that guy form india that named himself superman or something like that... cant remember :/

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I know two:
    One whose name is Aaron. G. Baby. His father's name is Baby, apparently.
    Another whose surname is Bhat (pronounced as the less euphemistic word used in replacement in impolite conversation instead of the commonly accepted word "posterior")

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • I know someone called Kyro, thought that's the most unusual name I've ever heard..

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    One of my coworker's name is Milan, which I find to be hilarious because of Mulan.

We call him Mushu.

My best friend's name is Shivanan.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • The Twins Misty & Maya always amazed me. (They are actually REAL People!)
    Also, their older brother is called Tiwi.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • My best friend's mother is named Clelia. She's of Italian heritage, though she certainly doesn't look it (she's blonde and blue-eyed, just like my friend). Her maternal grandmother was also named Clelia. It really contrasts with my friend's name - he's plain old Frank.

I also know a girl named Lakshmi, like the Hindu goddess. She's Indian.

I know a guy named Caspian too. He's a real jerk, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I actually know someone called Thor to add on from my older post. Why was I given such a dull name when I could've had a name like that!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Male names -
    Vikalp [mine]
    Abhinandan
    Vishesh
    Vishwanath
    Piyush
    Gaurav
    Palash
    Sourabh
    Karthik
    Anshaj
    Aman
    Nipun
    Pritesh

Female names -
    Aishwarya
    Lipsa
    Anushna
    Yogita
    Aparajita [my sister's name]
    Himanshi
    Swati
    Apoorva
    Swarnima

Reckon these nanes sound weird to ya'all. But they're pretty common in India. Shivanan, aerlyn's rl name, is also of Indian origin.

I'll think about cool names and post tomorrow. :p

Back