• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you like being a human?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • I love being human because we're the only species capable of the kind of reflection that allows for a thread like this. Perhaps those wishing for a simpler existence aren't equipped to handle it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The only thing that sucks about being human is how uncontrollable our emotions can be at times. Life would be so much more enjoyable if logic and reason were the only things that dictated our actions instead of arbitrary and oftentimes illogical emotions.

Do you like being a human?

OH HAI

Years
  • I like my capabilities, and I can only have them if I stay human.
    I have this big hatred for the human race; I'm saying that I hate humans, but I like being human.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I've always been pondering how life would be like if I were not human, or not strictly human, to be exact. Life is certainly good enough for me as is, but sometimes it feels like I could use some time being on the "other side", or somewhere in between...

Funnily enough, I think I would also like to be more of a mythological creature or some kind of fictional animal, say, like, a Pokémon, a dragon, or something similar. Especially when you do it half-way. In particular, I've always been dreaming that I was an anthropomorphic dragon of some sort lately. Sometimes I'm inclined to think that I'm actually one...

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • I do enjoy being a human. My life isn't that great right now, but I know in the future it will get better when I can live as my true self :) That's what keeps me going.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • if i wasn't a human, i would definitely be a dog or an owl ( i just love owls!). i just don't like being emotional and crying sometimes.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I do like being a human being, I just don't usually like other human beings. I enjoy playing music on the piano and clarinet, which is what makes me grateful to be human.

If I wasn't a human, I'd want to be a unicorn, dragon, penguin, or cat. Cats rule the household.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • The question seems obvious here. The human is one of the most worldly species in the universe, and they have created so much... Yes, it is good to be a human being.

Although I wish I were a Snorlax

Aashutosh Kumar

The Friend of Friends
    Years
  • I like being a human because there are many things that we can do and animals cannot and being animal in this human ruling world is not a good luck! people kill animals for their benefits!

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Being a human is alright, I guess. Video games, sweets, stuffed animals, LOL. . . But humans are crazy with SO MUCH EMOTIONS and responsibilities ew ew ew.
    It could be interesting to be a lizard. Sunbathe all day, eat some bugs, freak some little kids out by losing your tail, y'know, do some lizard stuff. But then you'd have to worry about birds or snakes or other lizards trying to eat you. When you're human you usually don't have to worry about cannibalism. Usually.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I like being a human but there definitely are some overwhelming emotions that I wouldn't have to deal with if I were an animal.

I'd love to be a dog in another life. Only if I liked my owners though. Otherwise I'd prefer to be a wolf.

This basically sums up my answer.

Years
  • To be honest, the only thing I don't like about being human is the emotion of sadness and depression. Sometimes I wish they never existed because I've been through my fair share of ups and downs in life, and would prefer not to experience them again. Other than that, I think being human does have its benefits and we're an interesting species.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    Humans are ugly. I only like it because of the capabilities that humans have.

That and poseable thumbs.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • In a way I can best describe it is:

Pros:
    -Smart
    -Can communicate effectively
    -Reasonable
    -Friendly
    -Constructive
    -Innovative
    -Diligent
    -Patient
    -and many, many more.

Cons:
    -Over-ambitious
    -Easily corrupted
    -Evil
    -Selfish
    -Greedy
    -Exploitative
    -Liars
    -Murderers
    -and many, many more.

I can't really decide if any of these things count in the modern world anymore,
    but I think that no matter what you are, you should go through with your plans,
    even if it means the worse for others, or for the greater good, it's your life.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Being a human isn't so bad, but I just wish I wasn't disabled. There are so many things I wish I could do like everyone else yet can't do because of special needs. Then again, if I was an animal, I'd probably wouldn't be happy being in a life where I was subjected to taking orders or something like that. Plus, not being understood is the hardest struggle for me ever. People are always judging me and taking me for granted because of what I can do. They forget that I have several disabilities that make me abnormal. :/

If I wasn't human though, I would loooooove to be a cat.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I dunno if anyone can answer this question properly, as none of us have any reference point.

We only know how to be humans and nothing else.
    To echo an old post, basically this! I think it's an interesting concept but it's an impossible thing to judge properly. Although I'm sure the topic wasn't meant to be taken that seriously, so I'll go with yes, I like being a human! Human emotion is what makes life worth living - I would never give that up to live the life of some barely sentient animal. (Maybe a squirrel though how cute are they *.*)

victini91

Star of the Victory
    Years
  • I like being a human. I like being sad and happy, being evil and friendly, being social and solitairy and being not good to smarty. It makes me feel how unique a human are, you have your own unique life. When I'm older, I have my own path, and I'm willing to stand up once more even when I fail numerous times. But sometimes, I hate (not that much) being a human cause I'm ashamed with our races now. There are always bad news spreading about ourselves doing bad things to ourself or mother nature for their benefits. That's when I realise, if you are doing something, consider thinking about it twice before starting.

Though if I'm born not to be a human, a starfish would do. You just lay in none place throughout your life...

Back