• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you lock the door at night?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do you lock your front and back door (if applicable) at night? Do you find it more comforting and sleep more soundly at night knowing that the door is locked? Is it for precautionary reasons for legit crime, or does it just set your conscience at ease?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The doors to my house aren't unlocked during the day to begin with. So... there's nothing I have to purposely change at night before going to bed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    lol who leaves their doors unlocked in this day and age? It's just a natural thing for me to lock the door.

Although I actually forget quite often to lock the door, and my dad goes apeshit at me. I don't even know why, because there is nothing worth stealing in this house.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    We've always locked the door at night. It doesn't help me sleep or anything, because I'm still afraid ninjas will come through my window and kill me, but we do live in a... well... scummy apartment complex, so I never know if someone is going to come in the door or not ><

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Well of course. It makes my sleep more comfortable for some reason and well, secure.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yes, our doors are always locked at night, even though we live way out in the middle of nowhere where any unauthorized entry to our house is more likely to be committed by a squirrel or deer than by any human burglar.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I simply close it, it's difficult enough to open it without the key to begin with, and if any burglars are going to use special equipment, a lock or two won't really help it.

Plus I live in the second floor of an apartment building, so any burglars would need to break the main entrance door to enter the building, and then get to my flat instead of choosing any of the other 7 houses before mine, and then... Yeah, doesn't really make me feel any safer.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Vendak said:
    lol who leaves their doors unlocked in this day and age? It's just a natural thing for me to lock the door.
    Yeah, completely this. Leaving doors open for anyone to walk in and take whatever they like is a completely new concept to me. I'm not comfortable with having doors unlocked at any time and especially not during the night when you're not even awake.

Maybe it's just me lol? Idk I'm surprised how many people in this thread are cool with leaving doors unlocked so... yeah maybe it's just me.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Which door in the house are we talking about here? The door to my house leads straight to outside, I don't live in a complex so it's locked on default, when I close it. Or are we talking about your bedroom door? I don't lock that, I expect people to not come in when I sleep lol.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Well my dad is a state trooper so there's a state trooper truck in the driveway and we have a loud dog so I figured those are two great things to keep robbers out. Still they're locked anyway though my parents generally do it because they tend to be the last to bed.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Not only does my mother lock the doors, she locks the windows... on the second floor of the house. Her theory is that a burglar will climb up the outside of the house to the second floor and break in through an unlocked window. I'm not even joking. I wish I were.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Not only does my mother lock the doors, she locks the windows... on the second floor of the house. Her theory is that a burglar will climb up the outside of the house to the second floor and break in through an unlocked window. I'm not even joking. I wish I were.
    How do you lock a window? Mine only open one way (out) which would be hard to do if you were on the outside. My windows lock, but it's more of an air lock to keep bugs out and not screw up with the internal circulation system.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012

How do you lock a window? Mine only open one way (out) which would be hard to do if you were on the outside. My windows lock, but it's more of an air lock to keep bugs out and not screw up with the internal circulation system.
    Mine slide up kind to open so they can be locked with this little lock that blocks it from sliding. Our downstairs get locked. Only the upstairs if we'll be away for more than like a day.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I close my doors as soon as I enter or leave the house, I have to agree with Vendak, this leaving doors open is a little strange to me, you'd be leaving it open for anyone to just walk it. It doesn't make a difference on how I sleep. xD;

Ayselipera

Where I live practically no one I know does. I am actually the only person I know besides old people who lock their doors. My dad also has this thing with locking the second floor windows. Mine are usually unlocked though because I like to sleep with the window open and no one ever goes in there besides me. I guess I do feel a little more secure, but honestly if someone really wanted to rob my house or kill me for some reason all they have to do is smash the door since its primarily glass and waltz right in.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    My door is locked most of the time, not only at night xD

I just feel more secure that way, It doesn't matter that It's stupid >.>

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think my door is usually unlocked when I sleep at school, mostly because I usually get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom and if I'm tired I might forget to unlock it when I leave and then I'll be locked out and have to wake up my roommate, etc. But people stealing from actual dorm rooms only really happens on football weekends, not in the middle of the night here, so it's never really been a problem here.

At home though the door is always locked.

Back