• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you lock the door at night?

Years
  • lol who leaves their doors unlocked in this day and age? It's just a natural thing for me to lock the door.

Although I actually forget quite often to lock the door, and my dad goes apeshit at me. I don't even know why, because there is nothing worth stealing in this house.

Agree with your first sentence.

Maybe it's because he is concerned for the safety of his family ¬_¬

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

Agree with your first sentence.

Maybe it's because he is concerned for the safety of his family ¬_¬
    Nah because there's nobody in there at the time lol. Or it will be me and my friends in the front room, no more dangerous than sitting outside the front of your house or walking along the street.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Well, I don't lock the doors to my room, I don't feel the need to. Sometimes I do when I feel scared, but my neighborhood is the sort of one that all the residents trust each other and we don't feel the need to lock the doors while we're sleeping. Well, my family always locks the front door and the back door but we don't lock anything else. We just don't feel the need to. But, when I move out, I'm going to start locking everything before I go to sleep.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I will make sure any door that connects my home to the outside world is locked before I sleep. I cannot sleep with the thought that the front or back door could potentially be unlocked. I'm just way too paranoid lol.

Years
  • Our door's always locked (barring forgetfulness). It not only prevents burglary, but awkward moments when strangers accidentally walk into your apartment, thinking it was someone else's.

This happened to me once, one of the few days I forgot to lock the door. I was lucky I was fully clothed.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I do lock the front and back doors in my house at night. I usually keep them unlocked during the day. Some nights (like, starting around 7 PM) I get a little paranoid and lock them early.

As for my bedroom door, I never lock it before going to bed. When I close my door and consider locking it, I always think about this hypothetical situation: what if the house catches on fire and no one can help me because my freaking bedroom door is locked??? ahaha.....

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Our front door is almost never locked. Lmao. I guess because if someone weird walked into our house, there are so many people around that we know, someone would do something about it. x]

Myungsoo

t h e c h a s e r
    Years
  • I have the tenancy to lock the door immediately when I walk in the house, unless I know a family member will be coming home soon. I always double check the doors before I go to bed though, just to make sure someone didn't forget to lock them when they came in or something. I remember this drunk lady came to my door and tried to come in... I was thinking "This is exactly why I lock the doors." XD

Back