• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you mind telling me one more time?

Ayselipera

Do you think you have a good memory or a bad memory?

If you have a good memory do you ever find yourself angry with people who can't remember things you've said to them or things you have done with them?

If you have a bad memory do you ever find others annoyed with you for simply not being able to remember?

Have you been known to either repress certain memories or believe that something has happened so strongly that you turn it into a memory that in actuality does not exist?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I have a terrible memory. I'm pretty much one step away from Alzheimers, it's that bad. Combined with my selective hearing, you might as well not tell me anything because I will either forget it or not even hear it in the first place

If you have a bad memory do you ever find others annoyed with you for simply not being able to remember?
    All. The. Time.

Have you been known to either repress certain memories or believe that something has happened so strongly that you turn it into a memory that in actuality does not exist?
    I wouldn't say known to, because I keep my memories (that I can remember) to myself. I do have a habit however of thinking that scenes from my dreams are actually memories and vice versa, I hate it ;-;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I have an excellent memory. If I ever say "I don't remember" something, chances are I'm lying and it's a way to get out of answering whatever question it is I'm being asked.

I don't get annoyed with people who don't remember things, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Do you think you have a good memory or a bad memory?: I have somewhere between a good memory and a bad one.

If you have a good memory do you ever find yourself angry with people who can't remember things you've said to them or things you have done with them?:
    Very rarely, that happens.

If you have a bad memory do you ever find others annoyed with you for simply not being able to remember?:
    No, not ever.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019

Good.

If you have a good memory do you ever find yourself angry with people who can't remember things you've said to them or things you have done with them?

Too many times and too often.

Yup. Or at least I try to.

Years
    I think my memory is decent. I usually dismiss and forget details which are not of real importance to me though. I generally get annoyed when people can't remember things I've said / shown them. To answer the third question, I think this has happened sometimes.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    YES MY MEMORY IS VERY BAD

I tend to forget things quickly due to my busy life, especially at math class.
    hi mr. ninja lol

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    It depends... Some bad things in my life I just want to forget, but I remember them anyway. But my memory is decent enough, I guess.

Years
    I have a terrible memory. Some things I'll remember fine - I'm pretty good at trivia games, usually - but usually it's the kind of things I need to remember, like where something is or when that thing had to be mailed by, that I don't remember. If I have anything I need to remember I have to write it down and put it somewhere I'll notice it or I'll probably remember three days after.

I'm sure I've mistakenly remembered something that didn't actually happen, probably by confusing two half-remembered memories.

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I have a good memory when it comes to names and faces, but not really anything else.

But when I forget things people don't usually get mad, since I don't get mad at them for forgetting things.

Years
    My memory is really weird. Like, I'll remember random events that happened on the Internet years ago, but I can never remember of the top of my head what I need to grab in the back at work. -_-; On the whole, I'd say my long-term memory is decent for events that that matter to me, but my short-term memory is absolute crap. That's why I use the calendar function on my phone for a lot of things. Otherwise I'll just plain forget to do it. D:

I don't think anyone's ever been too annoyed with me for forgetting things. At least, I can't think of anything right now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't remember things that aren't important to me, I generally try to run off of as little brainpower as possible for memory. But what's important to me may not be important to other people, and vice versa, so I seem super scatterbrained when I really do remember a lot of things, just things that matter to me and not anyone else. :( I find it hard to remember if I didn't think it was important to begin with, I just can't make myself remember if I didn't care when it was said.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I have a good memory, I wish that some of the things that i have witnessed will erase from my head right now

Yes, all the time like my mother for example >_<"

I have a good memory. Sometimes, I pretend to have a bad memory to piss people off :P

Err.....Nope

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I have a good memory except when it comes to stuff like formulas and facts for test, as I've found out in college recently. I get annoyed with people who don't remember stuff, as well as people who think I don't remember anything and feel the need to tell me things 753 times to beat it into my head (read: my parents).

I'm pretty sure I've changed my memories of certain events in the past, but I'm not sure which ones xD

Espinight

That Dutch Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I've got a good, but very selective memory. Very often I remember the most stupid things, while I sometimes have trouble concentrating on my schoolwork. A good example of this is remembering what kind of handsoaps are present in my girlfriend's house. Not even kidding.

Not exactly angry, a bit frustrated's more like it. I don't mind refreshing people's memories, but it can get annoying if they still don't get it after the fourth time of telling them.

Nope. Though I managed to recall myself saying something while in actually a friend of mine said it.

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I sometimes have selective memories. I can hold a grudge from last Tuesday, but I can't tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday. I can't say that anyone has gotten mad at me for continuously forgetting things either. Then again, I'm the oblivious type. As for repressing memories or making up new ones, I don't think I've done either. I mean how would you know? xD

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I have the WORSE short term memory. EVER. Buuutttt, I have a really good long term memory and photo graphical memory ^_^

Yus, all the time ;~;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My short-term memory is very good, and I do tend to resent when people forget things I've told them fairly recently. Long-term, on the other hand, is a completely different story... I really can't remember most stuff that happened as late as 5-years-ago. It's kinda bad, but my really good short-term memory makes up for it, I think.

Guest123_x1

My short-term memory, has, sadly, been going down the crapper for the past several years now... More often than not, I'm told something, and end up forgetting it in a matter of minutes! (I'm getting to be like Dory from "Finding Nemo" and that's not a good thing!)
    However, there are a few major things that I end up remembering for years and years. These usually are bad things that have happened to me in the past. Sometimes, I even have dreams based on these bad memories-and may even remember some of them long enough to write it down and tell about it!

Back