• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you people-watch?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'm writing from my phone so excuse the briefness.. But do you enjoy watching random people during your day? Like just sitting on a bench and watching diffeent characters pass by? I love it.. People are so interesting!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    It's so much fun to do it with friends. Sometimes my friends and I will just sit somewhere and people-watch, pointing out people who catch our interest and stuff. Sometimes I do it by myself if I'm just walking around somewhere but it's not the same as when you're in a group.

Years
    It's a lot of fun when you get the right crowd passing by. Best when you get someone who looks angry/annoyed/really emotional about something because then your mind wanders thinking of what could possibly make them act like that and before you know it there's a whole story you and your friends can tell and laugh about while no one else has any idea what you're going on about.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I like to people watch while I'm on my computer. Seeing two guys together is actually a thing that makes me laugh now because these two men in particular were arguing the first time I met over some class. I think they're engineering professors and they go everywhere together and I have no idea who they are but they're really funny to watch hahah.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    omg yees best past time ever. Especially at concerts and alt. clubs. There's this infamous transexual goth that lives around these parts, called Cat Woman (for more than one reason); she starts conversations with random people on the train. Very entertaining, especially when you've been drinking.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Sometimes yeah, but not exactly in a positive way. My friend and I just laugh at people most of the time.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Sometimes yeah, but not exactly in a positive way. My friend and I just laugh at people most of the time.

Hahah this. My friend and I are kinda mean when it comes to secretly talking about others. It's how we bond I think.

Watching people mostly comes from Facebook, since I don't really get out much. People on Facebook are verrrry entertaining sometimes.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I have a tendency to make up stories about people I sit next to on the Tube. Depending on how long the journey is, and how long the person/people sit next to me, I can get into quite the backstory. Loveless marriages, unloving parents, disappointing children... I sometimes think of nice backstories, but the Tube tends to bring out the worst in people's appearances, postures and body odours, so my mind goes to the worst!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't have much of an opportunity to do it. And... people here are kind of boring.

I loved that went I went to France. Sit outside at a cafe for hours and just watch the people stroll by. I can't exactly eavesdrop since I had no clue what they were saying, but it was... fascinating and relaxing. And they all do it there. People-watching works better with French people XD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yeah, especially when I'm waiting for my next class to start. I just chill around the student union on campus. :)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't really people watch that much. Only if they're being loud or obnoxious, or at least mildly entertaining will they gain my attention.

Besides that, I just make a few comments about someone which are pretty mean. But I don't really keep watching them, I just glance at them and just blurt out a first impression to my friend or someone.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    In my high school, we had this thing called the "Goonie Tree" where all the really dare I say STRANGE PEOPLE of the school would gather and chase each other around and... play... sometimes show off their... tails and like... the fact that they were pregnant... for the third time that year...

It was everyones favorite pass time to watch what they do because it was the most interesting thing in the world. And it sounds so mean because it is mean, but it was like... seriously interesting lmfao ):

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Of course! It's an intriguing time-skipper when I've got nothing to do while being outside. It is also the thing I always do when on the bus/car/road and hit still on the traffic lights.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Oh yes. xD I love it. I watch people all the itme, when I can. When I am walking around, I can't help but keep an eye out on all the different people. When I went to a baseball game in San Francisco, it was VERY interesting. And so different form my little tiny town. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In school, sometimes I watch people talk to each other during lunch out of boredom. There are times when I wish I could join them, but I don't know how to.

Charlie Kelly

King of the Rats
    Years
    Some of the most fun times I have ever had have been sitting at the mall food court and watch ridiculous people go by. Teenagers with tails, gigantic women wearing kool-aid man shirts, albinos with sagging pants and sideways caps... ah, the entertainment is endless.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I people-watch it all the time, I find it so incredibly peaceful. I have a place at my local mall where I stand on the balcony and look down at everybody walking around the huge courtyard below. I found a picture online. It's been renovated and changed around a bit since this picture was taken (for instance those big metal artwork contructions have been replaced with jungle gyms for kids to play on) but the basic view is the same:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    My friends & I had the tendency to watch people passing by on us, generally our thoughts about that certain person that we're talking about. :p

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Not really tbh. I'm generally busy doing something else, and I don't find it enjoyable unless they're doing something particularly interesting... in which case they'd catch my eye anyway! I also generally think, "i wouldn't like to be watched for no reason at all" because God I HATE being watched lol, so that's another reason why I don't do it.

Back