• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Play as a Male or Female Trainer

Male or Female Trainer?

• Total voters
    Years
    There is always one question when playing a Pokemon game. Which gender are you playing as?

Male or Female? Vote in the poll above!

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    generally male but if i'm doing a challange i pick which sprite i like more (Dawn sprite > Lucas Sprite imo)

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    There is always one question when playing a Pokemon game. Which gender are you playing as?

Male or Female? Vote in the poll above!

I tend to play as female, because like the above poster said, Dawn's sprite > Lucas's sprite.

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    Up until now I've been playing as a fe-I mean, male..

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I always play as female (if I have the option to), because I am a female.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I'm a guy, yet I always play as a female. Especially in the new ones where you have to look at their butt every time you throw a Pokeball. I'd rather not look at a guy's butt every time I have a Pokemon battle.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Seeing as I am myself a male, I generally go for the male's sprite, unless of course the male sprite is ugly as sin *coughlucascough*

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I am usually a male... obviously, but I had been a female a couple times in Crystal/Emerald.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I usually play as a female, due to the males having terrible sprites. Though I was kinda forced to play as a male in the fourth generation, as I have a strong hatred for Dawn.

Citrus Knight

you've got bruises&&bitemarks
    Years
    I tend to play as the girl because I like to put myself in the place of my character :I But every so often I'll play as the boy instead.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i normally always play as a girl but in my black game i chose the guy cause i wanted to name him Kvothe

Back