• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really trust people?

Do you trust them or not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Both...

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    Even if you say you trust someone do you REALLY trust them heart to heart or do you just say "yes I trust you". Just to not hurt their feelings?.

Years
    It takes me a while to trust people. So usually if I say it, then I usually mean it. The only time I don't mean it is when I can see through lies told by my family and I say it.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Definitely not, you can't really trust anyone aside from your family of course, even a best friend can back stab you any time, so yeah, it's good if you're completely independent, then you don't have to trust anyone really.
    I guess I'll pick both then.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I would trust them.
    Unless they have done something that i won't forgive them for.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    I'll answer my own question:

even though I easly trust people. I just somehow learn to trust my friends. Although those who have stabbed me in the back was inexcusable. Making me not trust them no matter how kind their voice is. It's more posionsous to me than usual.
    I trust only the ones I have confident talking with even I don't trust my two older brothers. I count on my own self but, sometimes even I find it hard to trust myself whether I can actually do it or not. Sometimes I tend to regret those whom I trust but, of course that usually depends what mood I am. So I do trust those who never had betrayed me in life.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    No. I don't trust people. I may on occasion let my guard down but humans have constantly been letting me down due to their Materialistic tendencies.
    Hypocritical, I know.
    But I try not to be to Materialistic and or greedy.

In short, I don't trust people, which leads to my paranoia.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I have an extremely difficult time trusting people, as I have been betrayed many times before. There are only a few people who I can truly tust outside of my family.

Years
    I'm saying both. I can't always trust my friends because some can be very sneaky and they lie a fair amount of times. I trust people who are nice and mature...

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    I do not trust many people, but I do try to be trustworthy--and part of that is only affirmatively saying "I trust you" when I actually mean it. At times, trusting has been a conscious decision on my part, knowing the risks of being hurt and accepting them anyway. People are fallible; yet for some, having another person show faith in them is what they need to lead them out of the dark.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    There are few that I trust, and that trust has been earned through much effort. And I don't tell someone I trust them unless I actually do. Trust is something that I take very seriously. Betray me, and chances are that trust will never be earned back again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    When I have to. Otherwise, I'm very paranoid...it's hard to find people whose every move is not motivated by selfishness.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Both.

I trust people but.. not with everything. There's stuff you have to keep to yourself, y'know.
    People say things ex. 'So, who do you like?' .. and I never say.
    I mean why should I tell them? It's who I like. Not who they like. Go away.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I have a very difficult time trusting people, as most of the people I call my friends end up stabbing me in the back. I have a few friends that display true friend-like behavior, but for the most part, I don't have a lot of people I can trust in my life.

Spoiler:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Definitely not, you can't really trust anyone aside from your family of course, even a best friend can back stab you any time, so yeah, it's good if you're completely independent, then you don't have to trust anyone really.
    I guess I'll pick both then.
    Well, if you're gonna be that cynical. then even your own family can "back stab you any time".

Just because they're related to you doesn't mean there is an automatic function inside them that prevents one relative from breaking the trust of another. I can speak from experience within my own family.

I don't trust people easily, but there are a reasonable number of people that I do trust, and that trust has been built up over the period of years.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I don't trust people at first, but after I get to know them, I trust them too much D: Sometimes even friends can be letdowns.

Boyfriends moreso though ;_;

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
    It takes a lot to get me to trust you.
    That's both good and bad :/
    The good thing is that I don't get hurt often, but on the negative side, I have this mentality that everyone wants to hurt me until they prove that they don't.
    I kind of think the negatives outweigh the postives...

Back