• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you really trust people?

Do you trust them or not?

• Yes

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Both...

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    i trust only around a dozen people, and only around 5 people i trust completely with all my secrets and insecurities. To be honest i find it pretty depressing how people can backstab you in an instant

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • I don't trust ANYBODY. Not even my parents.
    Believe it or not. I know many people might be thinking how can you not put trust in ANYONE at all. I'm not going to go into why I don't trust anyone and what I've experienced in the past, but in a nut shell that's my view.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • To be honest, there are few people I honestly trust, or at least totally trust. I would trust certain people with certain things, but I don't give total trust, everybody lies after all.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • If I tell someone I trust them, I usually mean it.

In some situations one has no choice but to trust others, and I like to think the best of everyone.

I want to be trusted, and sometimes you have to give trust in order to recieve it. ^_^

xX

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I don't really see the point of you replying to that at all, I would have my reasons to everything I say. And also, I think saying I'm being that cynical was unnecessary completely, everyone has their own opinion, and of course I would trust my family since they are literally the most closest to me (and that would go for every family).
    How exactly would that go for every family? There are plenty of people that don't get along with with their family and are extremely distant to them. There are plenty of people who consider their friends to be their family.

And there are plenty of people that have been hurt or abused by members of their own family. Josef Fritzl being an extreme example. Baby P being another one from recent memory. I would hazard a guess that those that are hurt would place more trust in a friend than they would in the relatives that are abusing them.

Good for you. >.>
    You may trust those people, but as I said, do you completely trust them, like with your most prized possession? Or even your life? I would think not, but you may... And once again it's just my opinion that you can't completely trust anyone other than your family.
    I've had friends in my house, completely unattended for days when I've not been there. They could've easily taken some things without my knowing. They could've also emptied out my emergency stash of cash which I have in my drawer. You know what they did? They bought snacks and drinks so we could play video games when I got back. So, yes, I trust them.

You may have an unusually close family and/or very crappy friends, but don't go generalising that everybody, or even the majority, are in the same situation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    it's just my opinion that you can't completely trust anyone other than your family.

I would totally put my life in the hands of my friends before my foster family any day. My biological family holds no meaning to me. :/ Everyone's got a different situation.

Years
  • I only tell people I trust them if I really mean it. And if I do, it's usually to family or very close friends.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I tend to trust quite a few people, including friends and family. However, that isn't to say I trust everyone. There are somethings I know who to say to and who not to say to. My trust varies amongst people, so some I may trust more than others. However, if I were to tell someone that I trust them, then it means I trust them or else I would have no purpose in saying so.

As for family, the same thing applies. You cannot always trust your family, regardless of them being of same relation, that isn't to say they can go behind your back. So again, my trust varies amongst people, and most of the time my trust relies upon my friends who I've known for years and my parents.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Nah. XD; For one reason or another the person you trust the most will most likely lie/cheat/go back on their word/keep secrets from you. It's not a great idea to trust someone, because they'll most likely "lie" to you in some way, shape or form. And you'll only be even more hurt if they do. :[

MUSION

>:)
    Years
  • There's only one person that I really trust (ie. with my life) and that number will likely never increase. School taught me not to trust people.

PhoenixChild

The returned.>:P
    Years
  • Me? Trust people? I can't trust anyone other than my parents. That's it. I don't trust my friends, other family members, sometimes myself (lol), or even adults like teachers, staff ect.

Trust is a lie in my life imo.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I have very serious trust issues. I don't trust anyone, I'll say I do, but honestly, I think there is only one person in the world I can trust, and even them I'm reluctant to be honest to.

I've been stabbed in the back too many times, I can't bring myself to honestly trust someone. Ever again.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I have a bad habit of trusting in people until I'm given a reason to do otherwise. Now, that's not to say I'm going to hand all my worldly possessions to a random bum on the street and consider them perfectly safe, but if people I don't necessarily know too well give me their word, I tend to believe them. Call it being gullible if you wish, but that's just how I am.

As for people close to me, I trust them a fair deal more. Once I really get to know someone and I start to feel secure around them, I can really open up. I trust them to hold my secrets and trust that they won't betray me. Of course, this has been shattered before, but such is life. We pick up the pieces and we start anew.

Back