• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you shine your badges?

.:TheLooker:.

Shadow of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    I shine my badges randomly, usually every few months. Only when I get bored with the Elite Four and Champion, WiFi and Link battles.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I clean my badges from time to time. But it's more fun to clean them in D/P/Pt because the Sinnoh badges make a distinct sound (do re mi fa so la ti do) while the Unova badges make the same sound when tapped.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Like the last one, these types of threads discussing shining badges belongs in Pokemon Gaming Central, 'cause it's a feature within DPPT as well as B/W.

Moved.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I rarely shine my badges anymore. There no point anymore; it just gets dull after a few days.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
    I used to be obsessed with keeping my badges shiny when DP first came out but I stopped doing it as much in platinum. I didn't even know it could be done in BW until a few days ago so I've only done it once this generation.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    Wow, I never knew that you could shine your badges before. I thought I'd give it a go their now on my Pokemon White game and yeah they're shiny now. Pretty cool. It's something I wouldn't do often though.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I shine my badges when I can be asked to clean them or when they look really grubby.
    So, yeah. I clean them sometimes.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I only do it when I'm bored and have nothing else to do. But it is kind of fun, seeing them clean instead of dirty.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    When I'm bored, I take out my DS and start shining.
    But after a few badges, I get bored again and think of something else to do. XD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I do it sometimes, I don't think "zomg, my badges need to be cleaned!;;" Usually when I'm bored or when I'm looking at my trainer card for my Id or something, I'll see them.

Back