• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you sign your posts?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well, signatures are partially for that purpose, though I don't have one.
    There's no point to it when there is a good view of my username in each of my posts.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I sign my text messages to certain friends... but that developed out of some of them not having my phone number, but merged into an everyday activity.

For posts on forums, no. As countless people above me have mentioned, that's what a signature is for, as well as the big nametag above the post in question.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I sign sincere messages and stylize moderated messages. I do this so everyone is sure that my crazy evil twin did not tie me up and go on my laptop pretending to be me on some wild power trip UNLESS if she stalked me so much that she knows that I sign important posts anyways so perhaps I can consider this as a useless tactic hey sup run-on post sweet just wanted to have some fun in an otherwise yes/no poll....

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
    I don't do it at all. Kinda pointless in my opinion and couldn't be bothered.

I also dislike it when people do it. I don't have a major problem with it but I just find it silly and pointless.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Haha, I don't even have a signature yet to do it for me until I figure out how how to actually make it look good like a lot of the ones on here, but I feel my username does all the signing that a post would need.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I never signed my post. I would only do that in letters. Or on here if I am quoting dialogue between myself and somebody else.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uhhh, I did in 2006 or so. :x It was pretty embarrasing because the special font didn't actually show up on PC, so my posts were just like:

<3 simpsonqueen hh

Which was meant to be two butterflies next to simpsonqueen... glad I don't anymore. :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't, and I don't think I ever did. If I did though, it would be an image of a binary peach rather than my name.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Never have.. I thought it seemed stupid, because my username can clearly be seen by my post. Signing my posts with it seems like it would be redundant. xD; Besides, some of the time my banners have my username in them, and that's close as I'm gonna get.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Nope, never have, never will. :x Except for that one time when Me & Sydian were joking around n_n

It actually annoy's me a lot when people sign their name. Plus I hate my username! :(

- Dragonomega

Tox

fight me
    Years
    No, I think it's really annoying to read. Especially when the messages are indirect such as reply to a thread. I only sign my posts in places where I'm a staff member and I'm announcing something or sending a formal PM to a specific member. I don't see how people can be bothered but it's really up to them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't sign my posts at all as it's just pretty useless and it's too formal for a bulletin board.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Well typically not. I only would when I start a thread. But, I don't do it every time.

Back