• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

Do you still have your starter Pokémon in your party?

• Yes

Votes: 119 62.3%
  • Yes, but only because I don't have good Pokémon

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • No, I gave it away

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • No

Votes: 57 29.8%

• Total voters

Gordonator123

Believe...
    Years
    well,my platinum and diamond starter was empoleon but I dont use them much,but I do use my ruby starter which was swampert I have it on my team so yeah I pretty much use the starters(my pic is of a swampert so u can see I like swampert ;))

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I don't use my empoleon because I want to be original with my team.

Peccadillo

p h a n t o m
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    I use my starter if I'm playing the game; however, I deposit it if I'm battling (wifi and Battle Frontier). This Infernape is not properly EV trained if it has only beat up trash like Bidoof and Stunky, hehe.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Of course, I started with it and I leveled it up so much before having my others catch up. Plus it is one of the strongest in your party. I always have my Infernape with me. Plus I stick by the whole first pokemon saying of always sticking with it. I love Infernape, very powerful pokemon.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
    Like many others, I always have my Infernape in my party. I find it special because I started with it, plus I feel guilty if I ever store him anywhere. :P

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    When I'm not at the battle tower, I'll usually keep my Torterra and Empoleon with me. Otherwise, my party is only full of what I need at that moment. But, they are with me a majority of the time.

(Why would I ditch an Empoleon with a $999999 ribbon on it? XD)

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I still have my torterra... I only use him sometimes though..

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I always keep my starters with me. Something about them prevents me from losing them so I keep them in all my teams.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Naaaw, I usually HM slave 'em or just let them rot in a pc box. Not using a starter makes the game a lot funner for me, because you can have a more varied team. Still, the sinnoh starters are my favorite, in general.
    *glares at chimchar with murderous thoughts*

Redline

Stare into the blankness
    Years
    Nope, I replaced my Empoleon with a Blastoise because Empoleon is a bit slow for me and his type is just dumb. He is Water/Steel so every time my opponent uses fire on me it deals normal damage which is pretty much ouchy But I must admit my Empoleon is probably the one who carried me all the way to the Elite Four before I replaced him. :(

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I have kept my starter in all but one game.

In Diamond I replaced my Piplup as soon as I could with a Buizel, just to see how it all went, but I still felt guilty about putting it in the box xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I tend to always keep my starter in my team, and like some others may have said, it's usually higher in level than the others on my team.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Competitivly no. Otherwise yes. Just because it's trained well & has moves i like but its not good enough for online battling

Back