• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you swear?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I used to never swear, but now, I sometimes type it out if I'm upset, angry, or bored.

I don't cuss irl. My parents would kill me.

Shigeru'

Viridian Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    I do. It's become a part of life :/

Eh. Doesn't make me feel any different when I'm using them though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I curse at least every other sentence if I really want to. :/ Bad habit of mine that I have no intention of breaking. It's not like anyone's getting hurt by it, and I find it comforting in a way.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I really don't like swearing, but I tend to just because of the environment I work in xD it slips out and I don't really like it.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Nope. I swear sometimes when I'm imitating someone else saying something, but otherwise, no. And of course, sometimes a word slips out that I don't even mean to use. One time I was going to say heck, but I didn't. XD; And other times when I'm singing along to a song that has a curse word in it, I accidentally say the word. XD

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I don't swear. But I somehow think if I tried to I wouldn't carry on going.
    I don't really mind people who swear thats just what they to speak like so it isn't a really big problem.

Years
    I read a book once that said something like 'if you swear constantly then there are no words left to use when you truly do feel annoyed.' I think that's a good way to look at it. So if I swear it's because something really has aggravated me.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Yeah, usually when I'm around friends or talking to them online. Not really outside of that though. I guess it's just kind of a habit =x

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    With ZP Theart's Signarute Move being swearing, only an idiot would think I don't swear all the time :3.

"WHO'S READY TO SWEAR!"

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Haha, I used to swear constantly around friends, but I've managed to cut my usage of bad language down to a minimum. Blame Devon for cornering me one day and telling me I'm not cool. Thanks to him, I've realised there are better ways of expressing how I'm feeling.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Yeah, I swear, just not every other sentence. It's taken in moderation for the most part. I swear at school mostly because the faculty doesn't mind (they sometimes tend to do it too), and when I'm with friends. It's not really a habit, but rather something used for a slight dramatic/comedic effect.

Before anybody says "you don't need swear words to add emphasis to your words," consider this: swear words are considered a formal taboo for a reason: they're rude and often times offensive, and for most people who don't encounter an environment which doesn't frequently use them, they add a hammer drop on top of a sentence. You could use other forms of emphasis, but those are usually added in to a more formal situation (e.g., the mayor of your town can't drop an f-bomb during a speech), and when used in a casual, everyday situation it can prove to be plain awkward.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I do when I feel the need to, but I don't in every sentence. When I'm mad or I hurt myself, I tend to swear a lot. XD;

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I do swear, but not nearly as much as I used to. Though I will swear when I'm angry.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Uhh, yeah I do, not on here obvs, but I do, not overboard, my friends all swear a ton so yeah. I've never said the f word to my parents though.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Man, you don't even know the half of it. I cuss so much. . >.> Not in front of my elders, of course. =P I would never! XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I won't lie... yeah. XD Although I don't swear nearly as much as I used to, yeah, I swear.

Back