• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think pokemon r real?

Do you think pokemon are real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pokémon being real would be unbelievably cool. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to play the part of the realist here, crush my inner child and deny the existence of such beings.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • Sorry to burst your bubble guys (and gals), they ARE real...in a way.

Pokemon (or pocket monsters) were created/thought of by Satoshi Tajiri (hope the spellings right) after he remembered of a time when he collected bugs. Giving this theory then, the bugs and like which satoshi collected are the same as Pokemon of satoshi's (pikachu and such) - in a wierd a$$ philisophical way.

Not only that, Pokemon are designed on real life creatures (pikachu - electric mouse, phanby - elephant, mareep - sheep), so also in a way we live in a world that is surrounded by "pokemon".

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I wish they were real and they tachniclly are. were do they get the names? From Creatureand stuff (and with the new rotoms, Appliances. Just plain stupid. I mean seriously, a lawn mower! COME ON!) Im with Budgie_boy

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years

Pokemon (or pocket monsters) were created/thought of by Satoshi Tajiri (hope the spellings right) after he remembered of a time when he collected bugs. Giving this theory then, the bugs and like which satoshi collected are the same as Pokemon of satoshi's (pikachu and such) - in a wierd a$$ philisophical way.

Not only that, Pokemon are designed on real life creatures (pikachu - electric mouse, phanby - elephant, mareep - sheep), so also in a way we live in a world that is surrounded by "pokemon".

Oh great.Next thing you know there gonna tell me the Easter bunny isn't real.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • Well, Pokemon sorta are real. Do you see a latios or a jirichai no you dont.

But you do see turtles,birds,mushrooms,plants,snakes and i can keep going but i dont want to.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I definetly wish pokemon was real...if it was I wouldn't be on this forum....I would be traveling with pokemon on my way to becoming a great coordinator!

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Of course I wish they were. Unfortunately, the answer to the title question is a decided no. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to live in a world where pokémon were "discovered" after already being realized in the form is has in our universe. It somehow... cheapens the illusion.

I don't know, on the other hand, I'm a fan of anything that offers a chance at true adventure, so I'd be open to the idea. I mean, if it weren't so absolutely ridiculous, lol.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • I dunno...sure, it'd be cool and all, destroying everything with Gyarados and training with them.
    But it would make everything sort of iffy. Speeders would toss out Scizors to slash out the policemen's tires with X-Scissor. You'd always be afraid of a random Tyranitar or something in a bad mood that feels like smashing your school over.
    Just imagine if dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic to Early Cretaceous were still around, only people could use them for their own nefarious purposes. I'd be rather terrified, myself.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

Well, no. Satoshi created Pokemon because of the memory of bug collection. While that may be true, it was never stated that Pokemon (the characters themselves) were based off of his bugs in his collection. Only the storyline concept of capturing and training different creatures came from the element of bug collection. In what way are the Pokemon the same as Satoshi's bugs? I mean, Pokemon are based on different animals and objects of the world, definitely not just bugs.

While the fact that Pokemon is designed from real life animals/objects may be true, in no way are Pokemon and animals the same. For example, if a scientist were to create a robot based on the human itself, would it be a human too? No. Therefore, we are NOT surrounded by Pokemon, but only the ideas that helped in the creation of Pokemon and new ideas for the Pokemon series. We are surrounded by animals. Animals are not Pokemon.

We are not surrounded by Pokemon. Pokemon are nowhere to be seen in this world, or as a matter of fact: this universe. Separate dimensions for Pokemon are highly likely. Some look to one's imagination as a whole new dimension and world for a wide assortment and arrangement of ideas.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Good luck with World War III, except this time, Aerodactyl's and Staraptor's attack from the skies, giant Yanmegas destroying villages. Ground tanks Tyranitar's, and sea support Gyarados's.

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
  • Of course they're real! I've got one Meowth that resides in my room, one Goldeen that I keep in a fish bowl, and one Growlithe and Arcanine that roam my house. My Meowth has a Naughty nature because he keeps trying to eat my Goldeen, my Goldeen has a Quirky nature because she's always trying to escape getting eaten by my Meowth, and my Growlithe and Arcanine both have Adamant natures because they're always wrestling with each other. Oh, and I'm sure you're wondering how I have an Arcanine, right? Well, you see, I left a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos on the counter this one day, and forgot to put them away, so one of my Growlithes' decided to come and start eating the remnants and BAM! It just evolved, I was shocked. But yeah, I still need two more Pokemon till I become the best ever. I've got some wild Pidgeys and Caterpies in my back yard, so I'll probably go catch some tomorrow...

Yeeeaaah, right.

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
  • I wish and wish it would be real...but maybe somewhere out there in that vast universe it just might exist, in this space of ours, anything is possible...right?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Oh, man, I would wish for them to be real.
    But if this became a pokemon-world, and no "normal" animals would exist in it, how would we get our food?
    I just can't help thinking what would become of Miltank and Tauros when the hungry americans demands burgers from McDonalds xD

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • As much as I would like for Pokemon to exist physically, its almost impossible for them to exist in this universe in the flesh/blood/living rock/living metal/yada yada yada sense. However, They may not be "real" but they still "exist".A few pokemon could theoratically be "made" to truly exist in the flesh, but not with the amazing abilities we would like to see, it wouldv require much more technological advancement then we have, and would tread on many sensitive moral issues.

And for the younger people here that didn't really understand all I said, In short theres a good chance pokemon ain't real in this universe. But boy do I wish they were.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • As much as I would like for Pokemon to exist physically, its almost impossible for them to exist in this universe in the flesh/blood/living rock/living metal/yada yada yada sense. However, They may not be "real" but they still "exist".A few pokemon could theoratically be "made" to truly exist in the flesh, but not with the amazing abilities we would like to see, it wouldv require much more technological advancement then we have, and would tread on many sensitive moral issues.

And for the younger people here that didn't really understand all I said, In short theres a good chance pokemon ain't real in this universe. But boy do I wish they were.

Not to mention how EVERYTHING explodes in the anime. That would be freaking impossible. And no, a fireblast doesn't set a sunflora on fire, but it faints, with almost no trace of fire at all on it. Too bad that it can't happen. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back