• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Do you think there will be a villainous team?

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    With Arceus being the legendary Pokémon of this game, the villainous team would most likely try to recreate the world, or even the galaxy or universe itself, maybe because they're unhappy with the world as it is.

They could be some sort of inspiration for Cyrus in Diamond and Pearl, or the boss could be his ancestor.

pkmin3033

I'm hoping this will be pre-Team Galactic, and that the game will either focus on the creation of the team, or have it formed at the very end as the result of one person's - and I'm willing to bet it'll be the Professor's - actions. I'd prefer it if they avoided Gen III's plot for the seventh time and instead did something different.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I hope not but it's very possible.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Though I'm kind of tired of the bad team summon a legendary to destroy the world trope, a cult-like group that worships Giratina may be a cool way to provide some opposition to Arceus and whatever the player's goal ends up being in regard to it.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    Though I'm kind of tired of the bad team summon a legendary to destroy the world trope, a cult-like group that worships Giratina may be a cool way to provide some opposition to Arceus and whatever the player's goal ends up being in regard to it.

I like it. Maybe they could be similar to the Yiga Clan from BOTW, but more serious and dark.

I'd be fine with an evil team. I'd prefer Pokemon to do something different by having only a single villain or non human villains. Maybe we have Giratina as a villain and we have to help Arceus banish it. We just have to wait and see.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 11, 2021
    I like it. Maybe they could be similar to the Yiga Clan from BOTW, but more serious and dark.

I'd be fine with an evil team. I'd prefer Pokemon to do something different by having only a single villain or non human villains. Maybe we have Giratina as a villain and we have to help Arceus banish it. We just have to wait and see.

Another idea is that the Plate Giants mentioned on the Arceus Plates could be the villains. Maybe this is the origin of how Arceus gains the plates with the help of humanity in order to defeat the Plate Giants.

Dr.GameboyRetro

Dr.GameboyRetro
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I don't think their will be a team of villains' or anything like that. I do think however that a Pokémon will actually be a villian. Almost like you the player is trying to stop a natural calamity, which is why Pokémon can hurt the player directly in this game.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    GF has been pushing more and more the notion that an evil team doesn't need to be the main antagonist in recent titles. However, given Team Galactic's involvement in Sinnoh, I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a team pulling the strings. It's still the easiest type of villain that you could imagine in a Pokemon game.

We have not seen an evil Pokemon but the main series has never pushed that kind of message. Pokemon always just seemed to be that neutral entity that gets used by humans for whatever deeds they see appropriate. I don't see this any different in this game.

AussieJimmy

Jimmy
    Years
    GF has been pushing more and more the notion that an evil team doesn't need to be the main antagonist in recent titles. However, given Team Galactic's involvement in Sinnoh, I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a team pulling the strings. It's still the easiest type of villain that you could imagine in a Pokemon game.

I was thinking that instead of an evil organisation, what if you had 3 or 4 trainers who were the antagonists. You could have more encounters, have some decent character development. Make the interactions more personal and really develop a story.

I also think it would be great to have a story that doesn't stop at the elite 4. Still make it so that the elite for is a skill check and is somewhat of a hurdle, but have the main story carry past it.

And I think they should incorporate more cameos of previous characters. Whether it be gym leaders, rivals, professors etc. They've done it a handful of times. Especially with HG/SS and Diamond and Pearl. I think it would help connect the games together.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I also think it would be great to have a story that doesn't stop at the elite 4. Still make it so that the elite for is a skill check and is somewhat of a hurdle, but have the main story carry past it.

And I think they should incorporate more cameos of previous characters. Whether it be gym leaders, rivals, professors etc. They've done it a handful of times. Especially with HG/SS and Diamond and Pearl. I think it would help connect the games together.
    Come to think of it: what do we even know about the story? For all I know they could just go the BotW route. You get your starter, do some early game shenanigans and then they tell you there's this antagonist that needs to be taken care of. But that might just be it. Completing a Pokedex, getting gym badges, fighting of an evil team; these could just be optional things.

And as cool as cameos might be, but doesn't this game take place in the past? Those characters might not even be born at that point which would make them feel somewhat out of place.

AussieJimmy

Jimmy
    Years
    And as cool as cameos might be, but doesn't this game take place in the past? Those characters might not even be born at that point which would make them feel somewhat out of place.

Ah yes, that's a whoopsie on my part. I was thinking of diamond and pearl and the main line of games when I was thinking of this idea.

Back