• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think they should have made another Eeveelution in Unova?

New Eeveelution? Or Not?

• Total voters

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • I accidentally clicked yes on the poll.... instead of no. derpherpderaherp

Ummm I originally wanted another one for no particular reason other than it is cool that there is a pokemon with so many evolutions. Buuut since Unova has been made as an entirely new region with no close pokemon relatives I think it is good that they didn't

Years
  • As people have said, Unova is meant to be exclusive, and have only brand new Pokemon. If it weren't for that, I'd say yes, though I think the Eevees are somewhat overrated.
    The Eeveelutions seem to skip a generation, though, so it wouldn't be much to expect one next time.

I'm hoping for a Ghost and Steel type next.

I love the eevee's and I'd loooove to see more, but I kinda agree having all new pokemon to unova was the whole excitement to it, ive finished the main storyline (in black) and now just working on the pokedex, cant wait for another pokemon game >.<

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • Hella no. The Unova region is another resetting of the game, (like Gen III was) and that's grand. I loved going through the region, all the time discovering brand new Pokémon. I'm not saying I dislike Eeveelutions, I love them, and I want moar. But not for this generation. It's awesome as it is.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
  • I chose Maybe >_> and still it would be nice to have at least 1 Eeveelution in Gen V, although it would still ruin the Unova feeling.

And on second thought, did they even make any evolution-ed form of any other Pokemon from the previous games? No. This disappointed me since I really REALLY wanted more evolution-ed Pokemon :<

Years
  • No, the region was completely unique. No baby pokemon, no evolutions from Kantonians that never got any. Completely new.

I agree, but in time I would love to see more eeveelutions! Preferably a flying type with angel-like wings. I would also love to see all remaining types get an eeveelution as well! But not for a while because I'm perfectly content with them as of now.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • dfjdfj I'm just going to have to jump in the wagon that says no eevee evolutions ;___; I know they're generally loved, but they're just kinda getting thrown in since 4th gen, when originally they were there to fill in types that were generally harder to get at that point in time.

And yeah the whole exclusive region thing. I really liked that Unova did that, especially since a good chunk of 4th gen was just evolving previous gens. It was a nice change.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I think they should have implemented new 'eeveelutions', but then one would have to obtain an eevee, which sort of spoils the new Pokemon. I think that a free eevee should be obtained in the cities to the east of Unova (after beating N) or after the second round of the elite four. Then a way to evolve it is beyond me (since were not talking about the evolution) But I would like a ground and poison type to be the next ones. But who knows they (nintendo) might not make another eeveelution...

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I'm going to say no on this one. The whole concept of Black and White (and the 5th generation in general) is built on starting anew with the franchise. Having totally new Pokemon, region, and mechanics are what made me a hell of a more excited for these games than the 4th Gen ever did. Having a new Eeveelution, in my opinion, would tarnish that ideolgy. (hope i spelled that right)

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • Definitely not, this region is supposed to be unique with no evos or any other pokemon from another region. Unova has no Isshu with it's own pokemon.

:D if you get the joke.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • No, because they didn't make any new evolutions to other pokemons from the previous generations so it would seem awkward for Eevee to have an evolution. (Wait.. does that even make sense? o.0)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Eh, I wouldn't have minded if they did add eeveelutions, but if that was the case they might as well add pre-evolutions and evolutions for older Pokémon too. They wanted to go through something different and capture this generation's sense of "brand new" so it wouldn't have made sense to add in eeveelutions. Thus, it's better this way. Perhaps in future generations?

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    eevee has enough eeveelutions, i doubt they would need anymore, besides, all of the stat specialties have been covered, i think...

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • No, but I do wish they would have included an "Eevee-like" Pokémon that had branched evolutions and evolved in a similar way. It feels like they could have done that with the elemental Monkeys.

eevee has enough eeveelutions, i doubt they would need anymore, besides, all of the stat specialties have been covered, i think...
    We still haven't seen a dragon one...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Maybe I would have loved them. But I do think that it's not quite the time to have them in Unova yet - Eevee and the Eeveelutions aren't new, after all. They want the experience to be as new as possible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    I think it would change the perspective a lot. I mean, as is now: 'Look! All new pokemon!' If they added an eeveelution, then, it would be like: 'Look! All new- aww wait, an eeveelution. Darn, I hoped it was all stuff I hadn't seen before....' blah blah blah.

But I wouldn't be opposed to a new one in the next generation. I'm waiting for a flying one, I know it sounds dumb, but I want one so I can use it to fly everywhere!

(the one annoying thing about having all new pokemon is that you can transfer pokemon to pkmn black and white but not back T.T)

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    I agree with if they were going with the whole idea of completely new pokemon then an eevee evolution would not fit in. Personally I didn't like the idea of limiting the number of pokemon you can have in the beginning anyway.

I am all for new eevee evolutions. The thing that is mean to make eevee unique is the idea that it can evolve into a wide range of pokemon. It would be cool if the could introduce at least 1 new evolution in each game. I would love to see a ghost eevee.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Each Eeveelution specializes primarily in one stat, with the others as more background stats (they all have the same stat values, just rearranged.) Anyways, there are seven Eeveelutions so far, and six stats. Espeon and Glaceon are Special Attack, Vaporeon is HP, Flareon and Leafeon are Attack, Umbreon is Defense (I think) and Jolteon is Speed. I think that they should wrap up the line in Gen 6 with a Sp. Defense Ghost or Poison type, but in Gen V it really wouldn't fit, due to the previously mentioned fresh start feeling. Even if there are Pikachu images found every three feet, which kind of defeats the theme XD.

tl;dr, I believe that at some point they should make one last Eeveelution, but it wouldn't make sense in Unova.

Back