• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think they should have made another Eeveelution in Unova?

New Eeveelution? Or Not?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2011
    If I'm Honest, nintendo should of stopped at Espeon and Umbreon... Glacieon and Leafon were stupid remakes used to fill the pokedex in my opinion. There using Eevee evolutions for fun and not adding that good Pokemon spirt. That's why Black and White was amazing. It had a whole 150 new Pokemon. So no they shouldn't off :)

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I've always had mixed feeling about Eeveelutions, to be honest. First I though that the Generation IV evolutions were just kind of pointless, and that Nintendo was overdoing it, but when you think about it, it's said that it's Eevee's instable DNA structure that causes it to evolve so easily. So I feel like its many evolutions are perfectly justifiable, and I hope that some day we'll have Eeveelutions of every type, as long as they're interesting.
    But I'm also happy that no Eeveelutions were added in Generation V, because it's supposed to be a fresh start, and Unova is filled with new Pokémon, with no traces of the old ones, and it's still a thorn in my eye that they're even obtainable at the east side of the region. I think it's a good thing that they just left Eevee alone this time. It'd just be out of place.

Years
    Definite no for me. Why? Unova is an "exclusive" region with all new Pokémon being introduced (duh? xD), and the factor that no 'outside of region' Pokémon can be found in Unova until after you defeat the game.. Also, unlike past generations, there were no new evolution line spin-offs created (e.g. Happini from Gen. IV transforming into Chansey from Gen. I) for Generation V.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
    As people have said, Unova is meant to be exclusive, and have only brand new Pokemon. If it weren't for that, I'd say yes, though I think the Eevees are somewhat overrated.
    The Eeveelutions seem to skip a generation, though, so it wouldn't be much to expect one next time.

I'm hoping for a Ghost and Steel type next.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I do think that Eevee should be able to evolve into all types, but I agree that they sorta went too far with Leafeon and Glaceon. For one I don't necessarily like the names even though Leafeon is a favorite of mine out of the Eeveelutions and two, I would have preferred it if you'd need a leaf stone to evolve Eevee or what they do with Scizor or Magmar, having them evolve into the newly created forms using held items. Third, Unova is its own Generation of Pokemon.

Last edited:

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
    I agree with the talks of the exclusive-ness that came from the Unova region, but I like seeing the new Eeveelutions and think that they are generally a hit, especially considering they are more times than not, a top pick in their respective types.

I wouldn't mind having one of each, but don't think a dual type is necessary.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I was pretty bummed out there were no further Eevee evolutions. It would have slightly messed up the game though, since the entire Unova dex was new Pokémon. Then Eevee and his evolutions would have all needed to be included in the dex. Unless you couldn't get it til post E-4, but that would make those new ones inaccessible through the main game.

I love Eevee and its brethren. I want a Steel one the most, I think. It'd just be interesting. Poison, Dragon, Ghost, and Ground would be cool too.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
    I would've liked for there to be a new Eeveelution but I don't really care too much that there isn't one. It's be fun to see more, but it isn't really a must.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I wish they made Dragon and Flying Eeveelutions, but it wouldn't fit because of the "new region, new Pokemon" aspect. So no, they shouldn't have. But they should have in the Hoenn games. Just saying.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    They should have made one like a ghost type or flying, Because they made new eveelution (I think) in each region and unova is suppose to have one.

Years
    They should have made one like a ghost type or flying, Because they made new eveelution (I think) in each region and unova is suppose to have one.

Gen III didn't get new one. And, no, Unova is not supposed to have one. Unova isn't supposed to have anything related to previous generations.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Obviously it never happened because of the whole exclusive thing. But I think they could of at least maybe make them obtainable after obtaining the national dex. Kind of like how they did it with D/P dex.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
    yes

yes defently because they had it in every region except hoenn and they really need another one in this region like, a ghost type or a flying eeveelution lol that would of been nice hahahahahha!!!

Years
    . It would have slightly messed up the game though, since the entire Unova dex was new Pokémon. Then Eevee and his evolutions would have all needed to be included in the dex. Unless you couldn't get it til post E-4, but that would make those new ones inaccessible through the main game.
    Yeah, you pretty much hit that on the head. :D

It would be for the sake of keeping the game focused on the new generation, so they can't let Eevee in. You'll notice they make Eeveelutions every second game, when they release only 100 new pokemon. This is because they don't have enough new pokemon to make an entirely new national dex. They need older pokemon to fill the roster, so Eevee gets in.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    No, because GameFreak seem to be doing a trend of evolutions from previous gens every other gen.. so we will probably get 2 next gen.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    I would have liked it, but it would be odd, since it would be the only evolution of previous Gen Pokemon.

Back