• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think Unova is too small? [ #28 ]

Do you think Unova is too small?

• Yes

Votes: 65 57.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 11 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Here's another Weekly Poll down the line.

The question is simple. Do you think Unova is too small and do you think there aren't enough places throughout the region to explore? Or do you believe the region and the places to visit are just enough to enjoy the game?

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I reckon Unova is a perfect size, bigger than Kanto and Johto thats for sure (excluding Sevii Islands) . I would have preferred more water areas and missed surfing to towns though. But yeah it had enough grass land, cities and caves and I thought it was a good size.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • I think it was perfecrly sized, but far too linear.

Notice how much the envinronments change during the course of the game. Game Freak is trying to compensate for the way they designed Unova.

Noob out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    The region size is right, it would be nice to have a second region to explore but it would probably just be filler like Kanto was in Silver anyways. I think that the multiplayer does provide a lot of replay value though, especially if you have local friends who play pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Unova is a medium sized-small region, IMO. More filler cities between gym cities would have been great, though.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Too small, nearly half of the map can't even be accessed until you beat the elite four, including each version's trademark area, which excluding Johto based games, is more than all other regions.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I think Unova was a lovely size. Too small? I don't think so. I do think it would've been cool if it was bigger though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Unova's size didn't really bother me, but I think it could be much bigger considering that I really liked the story and everything about Black and White, and thought they were great, and I want more :-( . The places were scenic and the graphics were greatly improved though, and they must've taken a lot of time, so I can't really complain. I guess quality compensates for quantity here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yes, I do think it's rather small. The fact that it's just a circle is something that bothers me, though, and doesn't make it very exciting. It actually seems like a kids game as far as geography in-game is concern.

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
  • I think Unova was too small. For some reason it really bothered me that Unova was so...linear. It would've been cool to visit Sinnoh or one of the regions.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I would like to see a bigger Unova, but do I think it is so small where it becomes a downfall? No. I think the way they arranged the routes, the Pokemon on them, the events on them, and so on make up for the size.

Unova isn't too big, it isn't too small. I think it's perfect.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Yes, Unova is small. I kinda hoped it would be a LOT bigger and connected to Hoenn.
    Having it connected to Hoenn Region would not have added size to the Unova Region itself since they are two different regions. It would just be shared area which would make it appear bigger then it really is.

As for the size of Unova it is just fine. They could always expand upon it in the third game and have areas of Unova that were not accessible or did not exist in Black and White. The area around Anville Town could definitely see some development potential in the future since it is kind of isolated from most of towns and landmark areas.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • It's a good size. Not too big, not too small, and incorperated the right amount of everything in the right quantity.

Yay for less water routes!

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Sinnoh felt huge compared to Unova...

The game felt a lot shorter because of how linear and direct it is on occasion. Before I knew it I was already at another Gym City where in Sinnoh they got you running around back and forth between different sides of the region doing different stuff. Unova was just too small imo...but they were good games.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Yes, I do think Unova is too small. It's about the same size as Johto but it doesn't allow you to go to a whole other region. Unova has the least amount of routes on it at 18 and that kind of shows up in game. I wish it was bigger so I could enjoy more of the excellent graphic designs and styles that are shown throughout the game. Oh well... maybe Game Freak will decide to make an even bigger Unova in the third game to match the size of Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Back