• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think Unova is too small? [ #28 ]

Do you think Unova is too small?

• Yes

Votes: 65 57.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 11 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I clicked Other.

I am more bothered by the lack of variety than the region size. Is it me or is anyone else confusing Mistralton/Icirrus/Driftveil? Hint: They all have rain, tall grass, mountains and caves ahhh!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    No I don't think Unova is too small. It had a lot of long routes and places to take. One problem is the whole Gym City after Gym City from Straiton to Opelucid without a fillerr City. But again, long places or filler sites like Pinwheel Fores and the Desert Resort sort of make up for them. We also get 3 new Towns/Cities ate the end which isn't bad.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I think all of the regions are all too small... the more places to explore, the better!

But I do think Unova is a little too small. I have been getting though it very quickly and will probably beat the game before I know it.

Snorelacks

I reckon it's a perfect size, although they should have added more underwater areas.
    Yeah, if they're going to reintroduce Dive as an HM, then they should make it able to explore more than just the Abyssal Ruins. I still am loving Unova, but I would like more places to explore. Plus, look at Castelia City! Bigger than Goldenrod by a mile, and Jubilife is dwarfed next to even Goldenrod!

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    I honestly wouldn't mind having a larger region/more things to do. I mean really, after Shinnoh, Unova is just too tiny. I NEED MOAR EXPLORATION FUN!

Years
    I am more bothered by the lack of variety than the region size. Is it me or is anyone else confusing Mistralton/Icirrus/Driftveil? Hint: They all have rain, tall grass, mountains and caves ahhh!

Ha I did that so much the first few weeks the game was out.

I voted too small, but on second though I think it has more to do with what little there is to do once you have been to each city. Undella is essentially filler once you do your diving and beat that rich family, black/white city I do not need anymore, and the only reason I go to that city in the north of the three is to go to the giant chasm to Audino grind.

Another problem I have is they went and put that big city in (Castelia), and then did not put enough stuff to do there. I feel like everything should be centered around that city (breeding, GTS, battle subway, those god-awful musicals), but instead it's all spread around, so each city feels more defined by what it is good for than the feeling it gives the player.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Unova was well designed from a gameplay point-of-view.

Though, bigger is always better, so I suggest one new zone:

Bad Ass Mountain!!! (with three exclimation points!) Only badass pokemon can be seen there and they totaly kick ass! KEWL!!

Then Unova would be perfect.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I personally think that it's the perfect size, although with the Entralink in the middle, it's too straightforward. But I like how it's not crazy like Hoenn.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think it is the perfect size, but the layout isnt to great. It forces you to go 1 way and 1 citys there then go on route 6 to get to the next one...... no routes connects more 1 citys, its like a train line. This might not make sense to you but i understand ^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It's an all right size. I do wish that there was more to explore. Though what I really wish for is that it wasn't so linear. That's what I missed: the option to break away from the advised path and go have your own adventure.

There does need to be more places to explore, and reasons to go to those places.

Years
    I think it's small enough. Cut down on the one-time sidequests; focus more on the core gameplay by compressing everything into a couple of small areas. I'm quite indifferent because I would spend most of my time in Nimbasa regardless (Battle Subway + GRIND Stadiums).

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
    I don't think it's small.

But at first glance it can seem small. There's only 10 routes before the E4, and the progression is incredibly linear. Theres a constant push to persue Team Plazma and or N, and the game has you constantly persuing the next gym in order to stop N/Team Plazma's nefarious deeds.

But the routes seem more packed with trainers than uasual, and any side path seems to be blocked off, or unnescessary.

I think it's the linear progression that makes it feel smaller than the last games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I reckon Unova is a perfect size, bigger than Kanto and Johto thats for sure (excluding Sevii Islands) . I would have preferred more water areas and missed surfing to towns though. But yeah it had enough grass land, cities and caves and I thought it was a good size.
    Yes I think it was quite perfect too, just wished there would have been deep sea trenches too for dive to use , not only those caves.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Unova is perfect the way it is. I love how there aren't annoying extensive pathways and stupid puzzles to solve in order to find your way around. Those always pissed me off in the past, and now the caves are pretty much straight forward. I also liked how you didn't really need HMs throughout the game. I managed to get all the way to the Elite Four with only 3 HMs: Surf, Cut and Fly. The Unova region was complete, in my opinion.

Back