• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use a Desktop or a Laptop?

Which do you mainly use, a Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Laptop

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Laptop. I never go anywhere without it, either. I love being able to move around with it. I never manage to get privacy, though. No matter where I go in the house, it seems my brother and sister follow me just so they can see what I'm doing. D:
    Choose your own solution:

1. Learn/utilise another language, setting your computer to said language, so people can't quite work out what you are doing. turn to page 16
    2. Memorise some obscure font and use that as your system fonts. That will REALLY screw with people and you can have MSN convos in your language and still be the only one to understand. turn to page 45
    3. Get a screen angle-filter and sit with the laptop close to you, so that other people can't read it. turn to page 23
    4. Get a knife and threaten said siblings if they refuse to leave you to your privacy. turn to page vii
    ...have fun! :D

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Some cable splicing went wrong, so until until can be bothered to fix that I'm using the lappy. xD

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • I have a desktop and a net book. I got the netbook for christmas and i will mostly use it for watching anime and college stuff. I use my desktop for gaming and hmmm... music!

Eevee-Freak

AmberAnonymous
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2012
    Both, though i prefer my laptop, cuz my pc locks off the interwebs @ 10 PM-.-

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Laptop. I can't even remember the last time I touched a desktop at home.

Blah!!

Is a CANADIAN alt.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I'd prefer a big, large screen PC then a tiny, breakable Laptop anyday. And I know, some Laptops don't have tiny screens, but my point still stands.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I use a desktop. I do think that they have much better possibilities of upgradation and can be used to run resource hungry programs/games.

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
  • I find my laptop effortless and convenient, and can use it in bed, on the couch or at a desk without problems, heat being not a concern.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I use a laptop. It has never over heated, and I've only had one problem with it, and it was when my mom spilted pop on it... so it's a trooper. I would choose it over a desktop anyday.

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • I have both and I use both, so I can't really vote.

I use my desktop to play games, and my really slow and glitchy laptop for internet.

Arcis

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    I use my laptop all the time. I love that it's portable, allowing me to take it wherever I need to go when I travel, or even just to sit somewhere more comfortable than at a desk. It suits all my needs perfectly, allowing for my level of gaming and more importantly, my graphics work and writing. I :pink_love: it.

Back