• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use a Desktop or a Laptop?

Which do you mainly use, a Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Laptop

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I've used a laptop since I was 15. I'm now nearly 21. XD I hate desktops because of the portability and storage issues they bring, but I do tend to wear my laptops out. I've had four Microsoft-based ones so far (two Fujitsu Siemens and two Toshibas) all break down on me, but I'm now using a MacBook that is absolutely fabulous and hasn't so much as crashed. Okay, so, I'm broke, but it's a small price to pay. XD

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    I've used a laptop since I was 15. I'm now nearly 21. XD I hate desktops because of the portability and storage issues they bring, but I do tend to wear my laptops out. I've had four Microsoft-based ones so far (two Fujitsu Siemens and two Toshibas) all break down on me, but I'm now using a MacBook that is absolutely fabulous and hasn't so much as crashed. Okay, so, I'm broke, but it's a small price to pay. XD

Couldn't agree more. Mac's are very very durable and almost failure free.

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
    I used to always use my Desktop that has XP, then my mom discovered Facebook, a little while later I got myself a Laptop with XP as well, not as near as powerful but it got the job done, Then my Dad discovered Facebook (strangely enough, I can't stand Facebook but my parents love it) Anyways I got a Toshiba Satellite L500D for Christmas with Windows 7, and now it's mine! All mine! I can do anything with it I want without my parents telling me they don't like the background picture or the cursor I have.

Narodin

Pokémon Agate Version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    Laptop. Much easier to bring information from house to house (moms and dads).

Years
    Laptop. Much easier to bring information from house to house (moms and dads).
    That's one of the main reasons I have one. Plus, I use it for school, although I would like to have a nice desktop to use at home, that way I can have a gutsy machine for games, etc and still have something that's portable with decent battery life.

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
    Years
    Being a gamer at heart i bought i built myself an extremely-fast PC near the end of last year. It's hooked up to my 42'' running at 1920x1080 atm which helps me when i feel like doing a spot of photoshopping =)

I also borrow a labtop which isn't mine but everyones in the house when i cant be bothered to load up my PC if im on 360.

Alec_

Years
    I use both actually, I only use my laptop whenever I'm not at home like for example. mall, school, and so on. :)

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    i have a desktop because i am a gamer, notebooks are just too slow and the power dosn't last long, plus the parts for a desktop are cheaper and easier to replace

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    There really should be a "both" option for this question. Anyway, I use my laptop for most of my computing buisness. It has Windows 7 installed and everything I need is stored there.

I have an old Desktop, which I use sometimes. I dont really like it much. This is due to the fact that it has 512MB of RAM which isn't much, espcially considering that I'm an avid computer user.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I use both.

My laptop is pretty old and is quite slow, and the F key is broken on it, but I can use it wherever I want, so I tend to use it more.

My desktop, which I'm using now, has an F key and I use it to play my games.

So yeah, I use them both.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    too bad... i kicked my desktop. it had just 512 mb ram... but i wanted a laptop.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I use a laptop, also because it's my only computer as of now. I brought it to life again just recently after 4 hard-working years, replacing the dead hard disk and the over-used keyboard.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    I use my PC, which I love... And I religously upgrade it :P

I also have a netbook, which I love even more, because it's small and nobody gets to know that it's a netbook... Everyone thinks it's a notebook till I open it :P

Years
    I use a laptop. ^_^ A desktop just wouldn't be economical for me, because I have to travel between houses each week. :o

Back