• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use a Desktop or a Laptop?

Which do you mainly use, a Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Laptop

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Just for fun...do you use a desktop or laptop? And why?

As for myself, I use a laptop, but I would rather have a much more powerful desktop as my main computer.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    For a year now I've been using a laptop, since I got it for Christmas. Before that i always had a desktop...very much prefer laptops :)

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
    For about a year and a half now I've used a Laptop. The Desktops here at my house are well... '97s so it runs pretty slow and stuff. So I would obviously much rather use my laptop (despite the problems it's been giving me lately).

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I use two laptops, but I have an external keyboard/monitor/mouse that can make either work as a desktop. Even better, I have a freeware app that can make another laptop monitor on my LAN to act as an extended desktop, so I've successfully had a three-monitor desktop :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Desktop — easier to change the hardware.
    I do have a pair of 95 laptops, but they don't get nearly as much use.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I occasionally use my two laptops (Vista and XP) when my desktop and/or internet is broken.

Other than that, I use my smexy 8 GB desktop. I love this thing to death.

Years
    I used to have a laptop. The screen broke so I had to hook it up to a monitor. Then the computer itself took like 5 attempts to boot up correctly until it wouldn't do anything at all. Now I have a desktop. More suitable for a person who tends to go through and break electronics quite easily. :V

Ayselipera

I have a desktop. My parents aren't too keen on getting a laptop.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    MacBook Pro as my main computer for a couple years now. I inherited an old Powerbook G4 that I use as a Netbook of sorts, it get's about the same battery life as current netbooks anyway. (PB is the 12" version)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I use both at different times.

Desktop always has much more potential in terms of power than a laptop at a given time.
    Modifying desktop are also easier. It is cheaper and better.
    They are also easy to fix and upgrade for the hardware part. It's just that good.

But Laptops are portable - an advantage with good weights even if only one.
    They really aren't good for much else, except for saving space if that counts.
    It's better for people with much less of a need for raw power and for people who just want a PC to use.

But I got both anyways. The desktop is totally mine, and the laptop is shared, though I am the one to use it most of the time.
    So my desktop serves as my real personal storage.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I have my own laptop, which is what I mainly use. I wouldn't mind getting a more powerful desktop for gaming though.

Back