• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use adblocking software?

Do you block internet ads?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Adblock Plus for FireFox!

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Other random blocking software... Please state.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • I don't like blocking adds... I actally click some of them...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Basic question really, do you use it, or not, and why?
    Do you think it's ethical to block adds?
    Are you destroying a site's sustainability? Do you think it's all a big sham?

Personally, I only use it selectively. I block all flash adds but I don't mind static images... except for, of course, dating site adds. They sicken me. >>

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I use Adblock for Safari in combination with a css Stylesheet that helps block even more ads.

I have no problem with it, the site still gets credit for displaying the ad, I just don't see it. I mainly have the adblocking for those annoying talking ads.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Adblock Plus for Firefox. I would feel more bad if I ever actually clicked on ads (as I might potentially be depriving a company of a purchase by me), but my experience with computers has led me to NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER click on an ad, so it's just getting rid of stuff I never use anyway.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Basically what twocows said. I use Adblock Plus for Firefox, but even when I didn't, I never clicked on ads anyway. :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • AdBlock Plus on Firefox. The ads hardly displayed anything of interest to me, and some seemed downright shady (OMG U ARE LIEK VISITOR #1000000 TO DIS SITE! CLICK NOW 4 YOUR PRIZE!).

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
  • I use Ad-Block Plus on Firefox. It blocks most if not all adds and i haven't had a problem with it so far

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I stupidly avoided it till 2 days ago and now I'm using AdBlock+. Definitely worth it as it speeds things up for me on a really slow computer and it makes long sites shorter if a lot of ads.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I've been using Adblock Plus for over a year now all thanks to a thread in the same forum discussing the most used Mozilla Firefox addons. =)

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • There are some ads that just are to intrisive because of the fact that they force you to click on certain parts of it to close it, and go ask you stuff like if you want to close click cancel if you want to stay click on. Its like really trick questions. When you close them others pop up, i should really get more ad blocking because my script blocker aint doing a good job any more.

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • I've been using Adblock Plus for years now, I'm sometimes surprised other people still see ads when I'm at their house. It's quite nice getting the internet, rather then a big commercial trying to take over your computer.
    Do you use adblocking software?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't use any adblocking software. I never needed to...
    I use Firefox, btw... Firefox blocks all stupid pop-ups for me, and the ads which are on just a page doesn't really bother me. I don't click them 99% of the times, though...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I use AD Block Plus lol,I think I had a CSS style sheet on my other computer.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • Pretty much like everyone else, Ad block plus for firefox. I had it on my iPod as well, (jailbroken) but it wanted me to pay for it lolol.

Malice.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I have AdBlock on my Firefox; NoScript as well for other annoying scripts.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I use Adblock Plus for Firefox. The best ad-blocking software in the world. <3 But if I didn't have that program, I wouldn't click on the ads anyway. But they are a eyesore, so I get rid of them. And it is a great program to block a picture that you don't like.

Back