• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use any disposable eating utensils?

How often do you use them?

• Always

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Never

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    ... Such as paper cups, plates, and bowls or plastic silverware?

I always have paper plates and cups around my home because they are convenient, as dishes may not always be clean, haha.

However, my friends think that this is quirky or lazy. :c

Ayselipera

I have some unused plastic cups and plates from previous parties, but I've been saving them. :3

I use real eating utensils all the time.

Years
    I really don't like to. I mean they give the food the strangest taste, it's a little unappetizing.
    Plastic in general really has a strange taste, so I don't even like to use non-disposable plastic dishes.

Paper plates and cups I don't mind as much, unless they're low quality ones that the salsa seeps through and gets all over the table. The cups still have a strange taste, but unlike plastic's taste it's actually bearable.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Since it's hard to do dishes in a college dorm, paper/plastic cups are a lifesaver. I'll occasionally attend an event on campus with plastic cutlery, but I'm more of a finger food person.

At home, we usually have paper plates for snacks and such, and actual dishes/glasses/silverware otherwise.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Nope...

My mom enjoys watching me struggling with all the dishes...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    No, never.

My chopsticks feel like they're disposable because they're the only plastic things in the drawer, but they're not.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    We used to have quite a few, but we used them all up. XD
    Even though my college housing provides us with an apartment, we still continued using disposable utensils (until most of them ran out, and we're too lazy to go buy more).
    I also eat a lot of microwavable food, so that's mainly the reason for me. It just makes it so much easier, and it doesn't dirty up any extra dishes.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I do when I'm at work in the break room. I like Spaghetti O's, so I need to use a disposable bowl so I can heat it up without making anything explode =u=;;

Years
    We have paper cups. We also have some plastic silverware but we use them whenever someone is sick so they dont use the real silverware.

Years
    We only use them for parties and such, and whatever's leftover, we use until they're gone. For instance, we're still using paper plates from my sister's wedding and plastic cups from Thanksgiving, although we're finally almost out of those.

Typically, I like washable dishes. Although it means I have to wash them, it doesn't seem as wasteful to me. ._.;

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I'd only use them if I'm out somewhere and have to use plastic cutlery because the real thing isn't available. At home, though, I never use plastic cutlery. Always the real thing. I'm posh like that. xD

Years
    We have paper plates that we use when we don't wanna do dishes (we usually recycle these when we're done), and we wash and reuse the plastic utensils we have, often using them in place of their metallic and wooden counterparts.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    I use them because I live in a dorm room and have no way of washing dishes, but I know it's environmentally irresponsible, so I plan on getting some real dishes when I graduate.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Recycle you guys.

I want to have them, I really do. But sadly, my parents just think it's easier to just clean other dishes.

blink.

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    No, never.

My chopsticks feel like they're disposable because they're the only plastic things in the drawer, but they're not.
    I can't tell if you're the best troll ever(if you're trying to be liked ofc) or just a ****ing lunatic, but either way ilubb<333.

also I was gonna be all like 'yo this thread is gay fyi' but TB made it so it's k<333.

I use em' when I need to..

Back