• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use cheats?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    (This goes for any game even the ones beside Pokemon) I Personally used to use them alot but recently i started thinking maybe i should stop using them (considering most of the home consoles today eliminated cheating). So do you guys use cheats?

Years
  • But of course. How else am I going to beat the game with a Pokemon that's not included or only available, say, shortly before the Elite 4? Trading an egg? No, screw that, that takes too long. I'd rather cheat and make whatever I need spawn at level 2 or 3 in the first route.

Years
    • Seen today
    I use cheats.
    But after I using cheats I do feel the game is become not enjoyable anymore. It's like the game is finished in instant.
    So, I prefer to first finishing the game without cheats or first enjoy the game and then make a perfect result using cheats.

In other words, I decide to use cheats because I just too lazy to breed my Pokemon and searching for shinys.
    But, I agree when peoples say the feelings of getting great Pokemon or shinys without cheats is great.

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
  • I use TM-cloning, item cloning, IV check and fast egg hatch for my games. I didn't use Pokesav to level up until Gen 5, due to the Level 100 preivew matches being removed.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Back when I could use my Action Replay, the only cheats I used were cloning Pokemon and IV checking/fast egg hatch. Which aren't really cheating. I only used them so I didn't have to bother other people to do so.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    If you consider RNG as cheating then count me as a cheater. And I also use AR for fast egg, pokemon cloning code, IV/EV checker, and 100% catch rate.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Only cloning of pokemon. Other than that, no.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Back when I was younger but not since I have gotten into competitive play. It's not worth it and now that I understand most of the concepts of breeding, IV's and EV's it makes it interesting to do it the hard way.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Yea, I'm guilty D:
    I try not to over level them, but I use them on my other 5 since they're normaly lvl 10 when I beat the game...And it makes it better (Not easier...) To beat the games. It takes longer than you think to lvl Pokémon with cheats....After Pearl, I decided I'm not wasting a week of my life training ever again (That's about 120 hoursish? Not sure..) D:

Coby

Pretty Good Trainer
    Years
  • I used too but i always ended up getting bored of the game and starting again without using the cheats. These days i don't use them all well not for pokemon, some games like GTA just beg you to cheat in a way....

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • In Pokemon I just use cheats for small things that don't really have an impact of the difficulty of the game such as how I use my action replay to hack in the GB Sounds at the beginning of Soul Silver. I also will use them to get those Gamestop event Pokemon that I'm too lazy to drive 15 minutes to get.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Once I beat the game, I used the quick egg hatch, rare candy, TM, IV check, clone and other item cloning cheats. I never used cheats to obtain a Pokemon tho.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • I've never used cheats when it comes to the Pokemon series. In my opinion it takes a lot of the fun out of it.

I've have used cheats in other games, one for example would be the GTA series but that would be after I passed the game.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Only on Diamond, which is basically a sandbox now because I have beaten everything in it.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I only hack in pokemon in Challenges. My brother has a Diamond rom dedicated to cheating though.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I hack after I have competed the game but thats only on roms I don't own an action reply so all the actual cartridges I have such as Peael,Platinum, Diamond, White, Black and so on are all done legitly.

Things like golden sun I just use fast level as I barely get time to play games now and want to speed through as fast as I can. I am more interested in the story than the gaps in the middle.

Back