• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Legendaries in your in-game team?

Years
  • As the Title, states, do you use legendaries in your in-game team? Do you feel that they were well worth the effort it may or may not have took to catch them and that their power is an absolute necessity and the team would be lost without them? Or do you feel that legends are too powerful and take away from the fun and "team mentality" with their dominating presence? I, myself don't use legends that often for reasons mentioned above, how about you, do you use legends as a part of your team?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Generally, I only use them if I need another team-member to help me with the E4. May as well if I have a spot open by the time I get there, right?

... An exception would be my Lugia in SoulSilver. He's my HM-slave. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I use them sometimes since I like them. It's usually only one per team. But I did go a long time without using them in battle cause I felt that they were cheap. But really, if it's usable, you might as well use it.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • I only use the ones that I like. I like the fact that they are on my team, because it makes me feel unique, but I'm not all "OMG six arceuzzess!11!!!11!!!11"

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • i use them when I get them, there good and I would fail without them.

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I find that using Legendary Pokemon as a back up member of my team is fine for me.
    Like on my HeartGold I only use either my Giratina, Dialga or Ho-oh (One at a time) as back ups in case all myy other Pokemon are fainted

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Gotta have one legendary pokemon on my team. I used Zapdos for Red/Blue, Lugia for Silver and Articuno for LeafGreen. Those three have become very helpful for me when it comes to the Elite Four (especially Lugia with it's powerful attack Aeroblast).

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I never use them. I actually kind of just let them sit in my PC. I find them hard to battle with. They're powerful, but in my opinion, they might be too powerful. And then... some of them just aren't what they're hyped up to be at all.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Meh. I like the Pokémon I've raised throughout the game. Legendaries seem more like a collector's item than anything.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I dislike using legends mainly do to I do not see the appeal I like the pokemon you get and have to actually raise not one that is so painfully slow and not worth it.
    P.S In my opinion if I have to restrain my weakest team member just to catch a pokemon there is nothing legendary about it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I do kinda. I know In leafgreen I would have been lost without Articuno and In HG Ho-oh helped me a lot. I dont use them all usually just the first one I get like for instance Articuno was the first Legendary Pokemon I caught in Leafgreen and Ho oh was my first in HG and i only use him even thought Ive caught most of them in Johto.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I always include the box legend in my team, or any trio member if I find any of them appealing. The only time I didn't do this was in Emerald.

Years
  • I dislike using any sort of legendary Pokemon in my team, but i don't mind using Pokemon like Regice, Latios, Entei, etc. >D It is Pokemon like Jirachi, Mewtwo, etc that i dislike in my main team.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I don't use them. I like to have my team captured early, and they are overpowered. Okay, not all of them but I don't use them anyway.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I used to use them but not so much any more, it's more fun to use the team I've been raising throughout the entire game. I'll sometimes use them if I want to get through the E4 quickly to level up a certain Pokemon with the EXP Share, or if I want to do a legendary only E4 or Red battle. But I like to think we have all done a legendary only E4 run sometime in our lives.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • The only legedenary i would ever use in my team would be darkrai for its awsome moveset and just for how it looks.I never seen why so many people hated it.

Back