• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your irl friends know you still Pokemon?

Do they know?

• Yes, loud and proud.

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No. Kidding me?

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
Years
  • I'm 24 and everyone knows I still play Pokemon.

Would you whip out your DS and play in public? If your bday was coming up, would your friends immediately buy you a Pokemon game? Would you rock a "I <3 Pikachu shirt with Yellow Jordan's?

If not, why not? Lol

pkmin3033

I'm still struggling with this concept of "irl friends" here.

But as for whether or not I'd whip out my 3DS in public...probably not, because I don't generally take it out, and those times I have taken it out I've had games I can play in bitesize chunks with me, like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. There just isn't enough time to play something like Pokemon whilst I'm out and about. My New 3DS is rocking the Pokemon sprite faceplates though, so it'd be kinda obvious to anyone who saw it. Wouldn't bother me.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • I'm still struggling with this concept of "irl friends" here.

I'm referring to those who actually know your real name and see you face to face on a day to day basis. Your immediate circle of friends or acquaintances. Something along those lines at least lol

For example, my circle of "real" friends/acquaintances are lawyers, real estate agents, contractors, students etc. Those who have been around me during my free time will know I play Pokemon (when I'm into it).

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Mine don't as far as I know. It's not because I don't want them to know or because I am hiding it or anything, it's just that literally none of them play Pokemon anymore so it's never come up in a conversation :^)

Also, I am going to move this on over to Pokemon Gaming Central!

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I'm pretty open about my love for Pokemon, and most people who know me at all know I like it. The majority of my friends are also fellow nerds, so as a result many of them like Pokemon, and we're in our 20's. I don't mind gaming in public, but I don't really wear Pokemon shirts - I prefer more subtle articles of clothing, like belts or socks, haha.

~Psychic

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I wouldn't wear the merchandise at 24 just because of my own style. The only non-solid colored clothing I wear are superhero shirts and even then, I usually have a button down over it. My irl friends won't buy me the games usually because I get them myself lol. But they know all about my nerdisms. I bring my 3DS to work for Streetpass (and I'm a superior). I'm not ashamed to talk about it. My fiancèe already knows Sun/Moon's release day will be a Pokèmon day for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't usually talk about it, but I have a friend who does play the games and knows that I do as well. My other friends are more pc gamers and only one of them grew up with a nintendo console, so they never jumped on the pokémon bandwagon.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Yes. I am constantly wearing custom-designed t-shirts from RedBubble/TeePublic.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Yes lol I never shut up about it. I was bragging to my boys when I copped AlphaSapphire the other day, it was really sad actually :< not many of them play (we're all in our 20's), but a few do so it's not so bad. I'm trying to convince my gf to get into it, too!

Years
  • I only have one friend that really plays. He is definitely a closet poke gamer, tries to hush me up when I bring it up in public xD But we always get the new game opposite of the other. Both 26 btw.

I have no real care whether or not anyone knows I still play. I don't rock the merchandise, but the only places I really go are work and grocery shopping. Nike attire FTW!!! lol

Years
  • The only reason I voted "No, kidding me" was because if my friends knew I played Pokemon they'd abandon me. I brought up the topic once and the shut me down immediately. {XD}

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I'll try to put this PG or whatever, but I've respectfully and mutually encountered more than a few young ladies in my day based on the fact that we both love Pokemon.

I used to be a closet pokemon fan when I was in my mid to late teens but I'm 24 now and I've realized a lot of the ladies like Pokemon so I got more open about it and it got to the point where I would flash that DS whenever I could haha Don't be ashamed of your gimmick!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Yeah, they know. I can't say I've taken any effort to hide it, because it's like a part of my life. There wasn't actually anything to be scared about at all, I've even given some moveset and game advice to one of my friends at some point. :]

Years
  • Most of my friends play Pokemon with me. And if they don't, I showed up to school with Ash's hat and a real PokeBall, so yes, everyone knows.

Back