• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who: The Whoniverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Banner entry~ Not the most original idea really but w/e. Forced me to learn how to do certain things on GIMP anyway~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    He's basically saying that Yates' vision is comparable to that in stupidity. What Yates wants to do is disregard all of NuWho and do his own thing on the big screen. That's just rude, obnoxious and imo a terrible idea. I mean if we were gonna get a movie, I think Time War would be best. I was thinking Prydon Academy originally but that would be better as a spinoff TV series.

Years
    I see. So Yates doesn't even want to be associated with the current series? That IS rude. lol What generation did the Time War happen? I recall in the early series the Timelords still were around.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    The Time War was basically what was used to wipe the slate clean between Classic and NuWho. It happened at some point after the 1996 TV Movie, probably just before "Rose", since Nine apparently hadn't seen his current regeneration yet. This is assuming Eight died in the Time War, though, and managed to get away before regenerating. However it still doesn't make a ton of sense because Nine is pretty cool & collected by the time of "Rose" but apparently hadn't had time to look in a mirror? idk

Years
    The Time War was basically what was used to wipe the slate clean between Classic and NuWho. It happened at some point after the 1996 TV Movie, probably just before "Rose", since Nine apparently hadn't seen his current regeneration yet. This is assuming Eight died in the Time War, though, and managed to get away before regenerating. However it still doesn't make a ton of sense because Nine is pretty cool & collected by the time of "Rose" but apparently hadn't had time to look in a mirror? idk
    The Doctor not checking his appearance in a mirror for a long time doesn't make any sense... which is why it makes perfect sense for the Doctor.

I'm excited by the idea of a movie, even if it's just an idea right now. A movie series would be even more fantastic.

Years
    The Doctor not checking his appearance in a mirror for a long time doesn't make any sense... which is why it makes perfect sense for the Doctor.

I'm excited by the idea of a movie, even if it's just an idea right now. A movie series would be even more fantastic.

I suppose that's true. He is always a bit distracted.

If it was a movie of the current series, or even used the same writers and stuff that would be cool. lol

Years
    Some people are suggesting Chiwetel Ejiofor for the Doctor for the not-yet-even-proposed new DW movie. I would be down with this. That guy is a fabulous actor.

Anyway, question time?

Which characters from past Doctor Who episodes do you want to see making a return?

Like, old companions, old enemies, or even old incarnations of the Doctor. I for one would not mind seeing David Tennant make a guest appearance in some fashion.

Years
    Anyway, question time?

Which characters from past Doctor Who episodes do you want to see making a return?

Like, old companions, old enemies, or even old incarnations of the Doctor. I for one would not mind seeing David Tennant make a guest appearance in some fashion.

If they could do another episode where a few of the Doctor's could return to one time point, I would be down to see the latest three Doctor's together.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    Banner entry~ Not the most original idea really but w/e. Forced me to learn how to do certain things on GIMP anyway~

I love it! :) GIMP is useful, is it not? So far it looks like yours is the best but it also looks like you don't have much competition. Does anyone else have any entries they would like to share? :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Ooh, let's get Madame Vastra & Jenny back. And the Doctor's daughter Jenny. And the Master. And Stormy as an adolescent.

I love it! :) GIMP is useful, is it not?
    Thank you. ^_^ It very much is~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I would have but I was the last person to post so-o...

I've been falling into Classic Who lately. :> Watching Pertwee at the moment but I ordered Troughton-era DVDs last week and they got shipped yesterday so yayyy. And I've been collecting all kinds of Who shirts. Today saw the arrival of my TARDIS Jack shirt & Doctor's Eleven hoodie which is all kinds of comfortable. <3 Pics here.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
    Years
    I am also a DW fan... but a very recent one!
    The first episode I ever watched was The Eleventh Hour, because my friends told me season 5 was a great place to start for people that had never watched before. True facts apparently, as I was hooked pretty quickly.

My favourite doctor is probably 10 - I really enjoy David Tenant. I would've said 9 - but I was a bit turned off Ecclestone when I found out he didn't even like DW haha.

LOL about David Yates and the movie... people are getting so wound up about what a travesty it is going to be... but if it's going to be completely unrelated to the tv series, I doubt it can be that devastating.

Something that hasn't been asked yet - who is your favourite companion?
    I'd have to say Martha or Amy.
    Martha - because she is pretty much the only companion who didn't not have a life before The Doctor. She's a doctor and is badass.
    and Amy because she has such great chemistry with Matt Smith - and shes like the only companion who seems more of an equal to the Doctor. And she has Rory. Who I love.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    I would have but I was the last person to post so-o...

I've been falling into Classic Who lately. :> Watching Pertwee at the moment but I ordered Troughton-era DVDs last week and they got shipped yesterday so yayyy. And I've been collecting all kinds of Who shirts. Today saw the arrival of my TARDIS Jack shirt & Doctor's Eleven hoodie which is all kinds of comfortable. <3 Pics here.
    Doctor's Eleven! haha I love it! xD
    I am also a DW fan... but a very recent one!
    The first episode I ever watched was The Eleventh Hour, because my friends told me season 5 was a great place to start for people that had never watched before. True facts apparently, as I was hooked pretty quickly.

My favourite doctor is probably 10 - I really enjoy David Tenant. I would've said 9 - but I was a bit turned off Ecclestone when I found out he didn't even like DW haha.

LOL about David Yates and the movie... people are getting so wound up about what a travesty it is going to be... but if it's going to be completely unrelated to the tv series, I doubt it can be that devastating.

Something that hasn't been asked yet - who is your favourite companion?
    I'd have to say Martha or Amy.
    Martha - because she is pretty much the only companion who didn't not have a life before The Doctor. She's a doctor and is badass.
    and Amy because she has such great chemistry with Matt Smith - and shes like the only companion who seems more of an equal to the Doctor. And she has Rory. Who I love.
    That's a good question. :/ I should add it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    The thing about that, though, is that the intention was to use a different Doctor and a different companion and ignore the NuWho continuity. It would ignore NuWho's established canon and just kind of do its own thing. It's not just unrelated to the TV series- it's ignoring quite a bit of it. If that much of it is ignored... well... it's not really Doctor Who.
    Also it's not gonna happen so eh.

Favourite companion? Well, usually whoever I'm watching at the time. Same as how "my Doctor" works for me. So at the moment, my Doctor is Jon Pertwee and my companion is Jo Grant/Liz Shaw (though Liz just left ;;). But I will always hold a special fondness for Eleven, Nine, and Donna.

And I'm just going to offer correction on the Eccleston story- he left because he didn't like the atmosphere of the working environment and didn't get along with the higher-ups. However, he does like Doctor Who and is proud to have played the Doctor.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Ha, huge Whovian here. Did I join this? I think joined this, if not, then I just did.

Anyone hear about RTD? He's stopping his career to take care of his partner.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Yeah, I heard about that. That's absolutely terrible- the brain cancer, not the quitting. I mean... my stepgrandma died of brain cancer and it devastated my grandpa and my uncle. So I kind of know a bit of that awfulness. RTD's got his priorities straight, I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back