• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doctor Who: The Whoniverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    DOCTOR WHO
    Doctor Who: The Whoniverse

Welcome to the Whoniverse

Hello, and welcome to PC's Doctor Who fan club!

RULES:
    •ALL PC RULES APPLY​
    •STAY ON TOPIC.
    •NO TROLLING.

MEMBERS:
    The Author
    Kura
    Scarf

Ineffable~
    Banjora Marxville
    TheSmartOne
    Archer
    Deadrocks
    Lozz
    PhantomX0990
    ~Kawaii~
    Delcatty123

Soi
    EternallyAnna

QUESTIONS:

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE INCARNATION OF THE DOCTOR (1st - 11th)?
    WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST EPISODE OF DOCTOR WHO?
    WHICH CHARACTER WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE MAKE A REAPPEARANCE?
    WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE COMPANION?
    DO YOU SEE IT AS SCIENTIFICALLY POSSIBLE TO CREATE A TARDIS?
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL?
    DO YOU SEE A FEMALE DOCTOR IN THE FUTURE?
    IN YOUR OPINION, WILL THE DOCTOR EVER BE GINGER?

Any Whovian may join‼ :D

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Actually yes! Dr. Who is like.. timeless and so popular!

Who is your favourite Doctor? Mine's the latest one, Matt Smith. He was the first Doctor I watched actually :3

Years
    Hey, another club I can join and forget to post in. I mean, hey! a Doctor Who club. Woohoo.

My favorite Doctor. Gosh, that's always a tough question. Probably Jon Pertwee (#3) since he was quite the dapper Doctor with his maroon crushed velvet smoking jacket.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I shall join teh club.

The classic question. :3 My favourite doctor from what I've seen in the actual show is David Tennant (#10) because he's funny, charming, attractive, resourceful, and just the right balance between friendly and distant. I feel many of the other Doctors from what I've seen either are so smart and so distracted by their own stuff that they don't really develop close relationships and seem completely uninterested in their respective travelling companions, whereas Matt Smith seems just a little too accessible. Anything that is mysterious about him is really just silly stuff, not real mystery. David Tennant is the middle ground. :) (I guess the Ninth is kind of like that too, but eh I already said David Tennant just deal with it. :P)

However my favourite Doctor that I've barely seen anything of is the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker). He seems really fun and loony and great to go on an adventure with, but I have only seen like three of his episodes so I don't know him very well.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Pwetty pwease, may I join?

And to answer the current question, I think my answer is semi-obvious. I love the 9th Doctor as Christopher Eccleston was the first one I saw ever, and his acting was brilliant, and if he hadn't done such a good job, maybe the new series wouldn't have reached as high a popularity as they do have. Maybe though, David Tennant was great too. Jon Pertwee and William Hartnell are joint close 2nd to me though, dunno why, they just fit the eccentric nature of this wisened figure.

The Author

Years
    Actually yes! Dr. Who is like.. timeless and so popular!

Who is your favourite Doctor? Mine's the latest one, Matt Smith. He was the first Doctor I watched actually :3
    I personally liked the Tenth (David Tennant). He was the perfect balance personality-wise. :)
    Hey, another club I can join and forget to post in. I mean, hey! a Doctor Who club. Woohoo.

My favorite Doctor. Gosh, that's always a tough question. Probably Jon Pertwee (#3) since he was quite the dapper Doctor with his maroon crushed velvet smoking jacket.
    The Third was awesome! xD I have to agree with you on that one. ;)
    Pwetty pwease, may I join?

And to answer the current question, I think my answer is semi-obvious. I love the 9th Doctor as Christopher Eccleston was the first one I saw ever, and his acting was brilliant, and if he hadn't done such a good job, maybe the new series wouldn't have reached as high a popularity as they do have. Maybe though, David Tennant was great too. Jon Pertwee and William Hartnell are joint close 2nd to me though, dunno why, they just fit the eccentric nature of this wisened figure.
    Yes, you may join. ;)
    Yes, as you said, Christopher Eccleston did do a good job at paving the way for his successors. :)

The Author

Years
    It's kinda funny. I came up with this idea for a Zelda story called The End of Time a year or two before the Doctor Who episode The End of Time was shown. I should've wrote it down for copyright purposes just in case I ever work for Nintendo! :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Haaayyy, I was thinking of making this like last week lol. There was one a while ago but I hadn't caught up on NuWho back then. Sign me up bro.

My favourite incarnation of the Doctor is probably Eleven (even though I said I'd never play favourites with them, I've gotten quite attached). I haven't seen much of Classic Who yet though so I can't quite judge overall. :P Currently watching Pertwee episodes and they are fantastic, must admit. <33

My first story was "Rose", since I started with the 2005 reboot and watched in order from there. I quite liked it; I feel it was quite a good intro to the show in general. It's certainly not the best episode I have seen, but for introductory purposes especially it was great.

By the way, has anyone else been walking 500 miles as of late? ~

Last edited:
    Years
    My first exposure to DW was probably "Rose" but I have this nagging feeling that someone showed me something from David Tennant's first season before that and that I just wasn't paying attention at the time. I dunno if I thought it was a great episode or just a hook for following episodes I thought were pretty great since I marathon'd through the whole season and don't really remember what happened in that episode much.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    My first actual one that I watched through was Aliens of London, I'll admit. I then caught up by watching Rose and then the other 2 (I forgot their names), and I've loved it all ever since, and I've watched some classic ones (I looooove Omega from the Three Doctors, a Pertwee episode... He could be my next theme...)

Anyway...
    It's kinda funny. I came up with this idea for a Zelda story called The End of Time a year or two before the Doctor Who episode The End of Time was shown. I should've wrote it down for copyright purposes just in case I ever work for Nintendo! :P
    It's just a name, I could sue many people for calling their cats Izzy, cos mine is too! :P

Years
    My first actual one that I watched through was Aliens of London, I'll admit. I then caught up by watching Rose and then the other 2 (I forgot their names), and I've loved it all ever since, and I've watched some classic ones (I looooove Omega from the Three Doctors, a Pertwee episode... He could be my next theme...)

Anyway...
    It's just a name, I could sue many people for calling their cats Izzy, cos mine is too! :P

O-MEHG-ha, or Oh-mee-gah, or Or H'omegah? Goodness, what a fun episode that was. They couldn't pronounce his name twice in a row the same way. Shame that Hartnell couldn't really be in that episode more since he was already sort of too sick to act at that point.

Hm, so maybe a question could bring some activity to this place.

Who would you like to see as the next Doctor after Matt Smith?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    O-MEHG-ha, or Oh-mee-gah, or Or H'omegah? Goodness, what a fun episode that was. They couldn't pronounce his name twice in a row the same way. Shame that Hartnell couldn't really be in that episode more since he was already sort of too sick to act at that point.

It was a pity, but it was somethng to have him in the episode at all. One of the rumors behind the idea of the Doctor regenerating was that Hartnell knew that the series was so popular, and so wanted it to continue when he got too frail to carry on acting, and so suggested the idea, though it hasn't really been proven true.

And as for the next Doctor, me I dunno actually. I'd like another sorta darker Doctor like Christopher Eccleston or David Tennant was, or maybe someone brilliant in line with Jon Pertwee or Hartnell. I'd like a return to an older Doctor who seems like a grandfather (or father) figure, but it may never happen. Dunno why, but I can't imagine anyone specific at the moment.

The Author

Years

Hmmmmm....
    What if Charlie McDonnell was the 12th?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I saw that theory 'round tumblr at one point. Would be interesting, surely, but I think he'd rather write or direct for Doctor Who than play the Doctor. He does have some acting experience though iirc, could be interesting... ahaha I would like to see him do it actually! But I don't think it would happen.

tbqh I don't know enough actors to have any input on this topic. .__.

Years

I personally liked the Tenth (David Tennant). He was the perfect balance personality-wise. :)

Tennant a balanced personality? I always got the impression he was borderline psychotic. :cer_laugh:

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE INCARNATION OF THE DOCTOR (1st - 11th)?
    9th - Eccleston. He always seemed to be more of a guiding figure than someone who managed to fluke a solution in the nick of time. He just gave a better representation of the Doctor's Time Lord-ness. Flicking through the book and reading it in a split second in Rose's apartment in the first episode is the first thing that comes to mind. "I love happy endings." :D
    What was the first episode you have ever watched?
    I watched a lot of the classic stuff, but I was younger and don't remember anything specific. I started watching it religiously since the first episode of the revival (9th).

EDIT: Add me, please. :cer_nod:

The Author

Years
    Oh, look at me! Failure at updates! Suddenly real life came up and you can find me on the Leave/Absence thread. :P That's okay, 'cos I'm still around! :D (kinda ;)) Anyway, I will now add all of you to the list and start the (as promised) userbar/banner contest!

USERBAR/BANNER CONTEST RULES:
    -Must be Who related

That's it for rules. Userbars are usually 350x20 and use the font Visitor which is easy to find. Just make sure that your userbar is absolutely FANTASTIC and it will be accepted.

Entries end once 2012 begins. Voting will be January 1-31 2012. Good luck! ;)

Years
    I'll join. I'm not completely obssessed but I've probably seen most episodes since the 2005 reboot. (I think I've missed a few from the most recent series because it was awful and a couple of the specials David Tennant had in that year were there wasn't a series)

I was expecting to be flamed for thinking Christopher Ecclestone was the best but he seems pretty popular here. Still saddens me that he only had one series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back