• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone else hate Cameron The Photographer?

Years
  • I do. Everytime I talk to someone I think might have something I'd like to read, it turns out to be Cameron! Because of this I completely avoid talking to anyone with his character model. How about you?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    TBH I like him quite a lot and I wish I could have seen him again in B&W as the photos I had taken back in my previous run in Soul Silver felt like a rather nostalgic scrap book to look back to in all honesty lol.

Years
  • I understand how he can be annoying, but I enjoyed 'em. It really is nice to look back at the parties you had throughout the playthrough.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I remembered where people stood in GSC (sorta ingrained) so it wasn't hard for me to remember or realise when he appeared. I thought it a neat addition, although I am surprised he can appear in the next route at times straightaway - that seemed a bit off. XD

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Haha yes, I remember him. XD

Cameron the photographer is a nice addition to the game. It's nice to take photos and keep them as memorabilia, so that I could reminisce over my past journey with my Pokémon. ^^

He can appear in multiple locations at one day, and that bothers me. Seriously, that should be made illegal (because it's very creepy). >:( I thought he was to appear on one single location at a stipulated time. o___o I feel it would be better for me to hunt down Cameron, instead of him stalking me everywhere I go. ;;

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh that guy well I first liked him but later on I started not liking him because of little amount of memory you can store of photos.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    You mean the guy from Emerald where the two reporters?

TY

Well at some times, im like: What the .... are you doing??? Why do you want a photo of mine beloved pokes... So you can counter them???

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • He scares me 0_o

I wish he would leave after you took the picture...after that he just stands there.....smiling....hoping you may get a retake...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The concept of taking pictures is good, but the thought of a middle aged balding man taking photographs of a 10-11 year old kid and their Pokemon... just kinda has sketchy vibes written all over it.

Nah, I don't hate him as much as I hate a certain other character in B/W, but sometimes it's a matter of "How the heck do you keep showing up wherever I'm going?" Especially when he shows up in Dragon's Den, which I thought was supposed to be off limits to the general public. Cameron can't just be your average Joe if he's managed to pull some strings and get himself in there...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Haha, from the title preview from the main forum page, it looked like "does anyone else hate Cameron?" as in...

Spoiler:

I sort of liked him, because I like being able to see how my team looked before they were all evolved :3 But one must question a man who stalks 10 year olds to take photos of them.....

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    wait who is he?! I am not sure who he is.... or... what is his purpose?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Cameron is the cameraman in HGSS that follows you. The ones you're talking about are Gabby& Ty from Emerald.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Cameron is the cameraman in HGSS that follows you. The ones you're talking about are Gabby& Ty from Emerald.

Oh they are the same people? 0.0... cool so apparently you get a pair of stalkers or a tiny entourage (depending on how you view it).

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Here let me explain(it seems you've only played Gen III.).
    Cameron. The camera man in HGSS is the one who'll take pictures with your pokemon. He first appears the route above Goldenrod. Then you/he can find him/you everywhere to take your pic.
    Gabby & Ty. The 2 Reporters in Emerald WHICH is not in HGSS. They both battle you, and after that, they'll force you to tell about that battle you had.
    Gets?

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    ^oh ok it seems kind of pointless :/ to the main game but that is nice. I have played Gen 2 & 3 and I have recently started playing Gen 4. In Emerald they would annoy me so I would just put in naughty words that are about 4 and 5 letters long - I'll give you a hint one word began with c and ended with t (so much for being rated E >.>).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I never liked him to be honest. I always found him annoying being all over the place and whatnot. I never take pictures in HG/SS anymore because of this.

Back