• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Does anyone else spend too much on clothes?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I just started playing this game 2 days ago. I realized a problem I have: I spend too much money on clothes like in real life. I bought like 3 hats and 1 accessory right off the bat in the first town :(. However, it seems like you get a lot of money so that despite spending too much on clothes, you still have more than enough money on essential items.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I have something to tell you:

If you're worried about spending too much money on clothes now, wait until you get into the fanciest Boutique in Lumiose. Oh boy, bankruptcy ho!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It isn't that hard to make money in XY. I actually have ever piece of male clothing now :D Once you can fight higher up in Battle Chateau , spelling may be wrong, and the restaurants, you have to find something to spend all your cash on.

Years
  • I decided to take time to buy all of the clothes, and when I found myself low on money I just basically grinded money through the Battle Chateau. It took me way longer to get all the expensive clothes from Lumiose City compared to the other boutiques as expected.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • The only reason I'm continuing the try to make money in my X version is so I can buy the rest of the clothes I don't have in Lumiose city.

So yes, I spend too much on clothes in this game.

Years
  • Honestly when I first bought the game, buying clothes every day was near the top of my priorities... the character customization in this game is amazing :')

Years
  • You're like me on my first run-through haha, I bought everything that took my fancy :) I'm on my second playthrough now and I kind of know which outfits are the ones I regularly cycle through and it's not as many as I bought in the first game so I'm saving quite a lot of money this time round lol :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I just can't stop spending money on clothing. There are so many things to buy, and if you want to maximize your freedom of customizing yourself, you need to get them all. ): Wish it weren't like this, haha. Oh well; it's not that tough to earn cash, anyhow, so no need to worry.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I decided to take time to buy all of the clothes, and when I found myself low on money I just basically grinded money through the Battle Chateau. It took me way longer to get all the expensive clothes from Lumiose City compared to the other boutiques as expected.

From the moment I learned of the character customization, my top priority was buying everything possible. So I did that, too. I was grinding for money in the Battle Chateau. The very first O-Power I maxed out was the prize money one.

I totally overshot it, though - bought all of the clothes and I still had a couple million left over. :c
    (So trust me, you'll be fine on cash. Buy all the things. All of them.)

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I never really got into the whole clothes buying trend. I've bought a handful of things, but only because I wanted to change the look of my character. Haven't bought anything in a while. Sooner or later, I'll end up buying all the clothes in all the shops, but I'm happy with what I have right now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yes, I spend too much money then I don't have anything left for medicine and such ;~; Although once I discovered you can make a lot by battling in Restaurant Le Wow, money wasn't that much of a problem any more once you had enough to enter.

I don't even know why I keep buying clothes. I haven't changed my outfit ingame for so long!

Back