• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Years
    I just bought Gold and Silver today. Both were in near mint condition, never been played, and still in the box(box was opened, but in really good condition). It even had the instructions and the ads that came in it too. Started both games with two GBC's at the same time, saved and shut them off. To my surprise, both need new batteries. :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I do, and I'm rather happy about it. I don't know if you consider fixing my Gold version to be "Working" but it worked for about 10yrs, and died just recently, so I am happy to have it working again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I still have Pokemon Silver, and it's in GREAT condition! Since I don't have a game boy anymore I'm thinking about selling it.

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    Sadly, I only have Crystal working. My Gold and Silver games (bought on the same day) both died (on the same day). In Gen 1, however, we have original working Blue (completed Pokémon), Red (x2), and Yellow versions.

MasterSceptile

Kiri Flicker

amateur pyrotechnician
    Years
    I didn't even know these games could die until I found this forum... my copy of silver is going to be a full decade old come October, and aside from the time being off (as it always has: I started my game while I was in Puerto Rico and set it to whatever time zone they're in) it's still working perfectly, unless it magically decided to off itself since I plugged it in last month.

is the save file lost when the battery dies? D: please nooooo

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    i have a yellow and blue in perfect condition and a pikachu gameboy color in perf. conditio hahha

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Yes,i have my gameboy color along with pokemon red,blue,yellow,crystal up on my gaming shelf even thou i don't play them anymore.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Just today I found a fully working Pokemon Crystal. It was my best version! xD

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Crystal works, but my Silver and Gold have died out. It's a shame, I prefered them to Crystal.

Funnily enough, my Yellow still works, too.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    Sliver and Gold no longer work, Crystal works but the time system is screwed up. -_-'

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    All of my first and second generation games work fine but there's always the nagging feeling in my mind when I start to play them that it might be the last time.

Years
    A month ago I bought near-mint Gold and silver games that were never played only to learn that neither of them could save. Luckily, I found a guy that installed new batteries into them for 10 bucks a piece, and 5 bucks for the battery, and now they work like a charm. :D

Back