• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Zakki-C-Mo

strategic trainer
Years
  • Hmm, that doesn't sound good. I'm currently playing Gold on a GBA and ever since I got it, I'ts never stopped working. I'm getting a GBC from a friend for oldschoolness as well, if I use his will it kill my game??

Also, does anyone know why some games seem to last longer than most? I hadn't played my gold in years and when I just started it up again it wanted me to re-enter the time because it had forgotten, would that somehow be relevant to why my game hasn't died yet?

GBC wont kill it, i use mine all the time bc i just love the feel of it, just i dont reccomend GB Pocket

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I do :)

It's a mystery how my Gold even still works, seeing as how it's 10 years old. I thought the internal battery would have died by now, but it hasn't. Not that i'm complaining.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2011
    My RBY and GSC all work. The day Silver and Red die, I will explode into a million tears, though. So everyone must comfort me.

Interesting, my silver and red version are my two great versions too. If they die on me I might just do that too. My gold has already died on me so I'm a bit scared. I have all the 2nd and 1st gen games besides blue. I still don't know why I don't have one.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • The only ones that have died on me are Crystal, and the tcg game. They work, but won't save anymore.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • all mine work except a copy of yellow (which works when it wants to) and a copy of silver. but i have another copy of both of them so i dont really mind at the moment.

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    I used to have blue, red, gold + silver.

I gave blue and gold to my cousin some years ago.
    Anyway, the other two, silver and red are still working.
    By the way, one annoying thing that happened to my gold during its prime time was that a coloured ho-oh appeared instead of the normal one when you switch on the game and my saved game was lost. I know that it's offtopic, but it's the only bad I can remember from that time. The rest were amazing, although I couldn't even fully understand english and I didn't have internet to help me!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    i still have all the old games
    blue,red,yellow,gold,silver and crystal - in fact got all of the versions but not green as it never came out in europe :(

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • My Silver I got from my former best friend's sister works just fine up to this point, of course I wanted to beat my sister after she deleted my former save file! Oh well, that's what Brainboys are for. I'm ashamed my best Pokemon friend used to be Typhlosion but then I abandoned it. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    I'm like the luckiest person in the world. Yellow still works and so does Silver and Crystal. I even have the TCG one.

Years
  • Let's see...Gold and Silver work. I never bought Crystal/traded to my friends XD Red and Yellow work. I don't have Blue either, because I traded that to a friend for Red because I wanted the Charizard on the front of my game lmao.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • I've got all the games except the 4th generation soul silver and emerald and they all work:

IMG_0008.jpg

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • Yes. I still have my first game, Pokemon Silver, along with the box that I bought it in. Same goes for Gold and Crystal as well as the other games that succeeded and preceded them. However, I don't have the 4th generation games nor the remakes of the Johto region for I do not own a DS. The only handheld I own is a Game Boy Advance (two actually) which I can play all the other games on.

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • The only one that died was silver (got dusty :( ) But my blue, red, yellow, gold and Crystal still work and I still play them.

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
  • I have a working copy of each of the 2nd Gen (It's the only Gen I have a complete collection for). I have two Silver copies because I left my Gameboy and Silver outside on accident T_T -- Gameboy suffered so casualties oddly. So I have all three and a saveless Silver.

R.I.P. Good Game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2018
    My Red, Blue and Yellow still work. My Gold and Silver batteries died, but I changed them and they work fine. Crystal's still running on the original battery.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    They all work. ^_^
    Cept for that crummy chinese pirated one, though....

Back