• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone still play PBR?

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
    I still play PBR on occasions. I need more friends in it too. (considering I only got 1...) I find it rather fun, but from what my brother has told me, Neon Colosseum is a pain in the butt. Dang roulette... >.>

BLK

Trainer From The Holon Region
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    i still play my copy but i never find any good random battles, just the same people all the time

ger345

Im just like that.
    Years
    I play it all the time! Message me and Ill get on and play you! My name in it is Ace. Infact, im about to go play it right now. And I dont know if your guys copies are broken or some thing, but Ive put Diamond, PLatinum Hg and ss on mine. It works, except that I lost myh PLatinum, and hg. It really sux, but Oh well.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Never.

Pokemon Battle Revolution is the biggest disappointment I have ever purchased in my life.

Ever.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    Weird. HG/SS/Pt seem to work on my PBR.
    Anyways, PBR was a very big disappointment to me.
    I don't like how all you do is battle.
    If they had some mini-games or something, it would make the game much more fun.
    And as for B/W PBR, I doubt they'd make it as B/W already has the random trainer battle feature.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    No, I eventually got bored with it and quit. I do not have my copy anymore because I gave it away to someone else that I assumed would have liked it more than I did.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I do, but only because I want that Surf/Volt Tackle Pikachu. I agree that PBR is a disappointment, and I want a completely epic Stadium/Colosseum/PBR game with all 649 pokemon available. It would have the rental pokemon, minigame mode, and gym leader castle of Stadium, a totally awesome storyline, like Colosseum, and the wifi battling of PBR, as well as the colosseum mode.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I played pbr for a good week or two and never saw the game again after that. I was expecting something along the lines of pokemon stadium and was completely disappointed. I never did get the chance to play online or transfer pokemon from dpp but I doubt the extra pokemon would have made the game for me, they should have been available from the beginning. I know nintendo was trying to tie together their games and be unique etcetera but I think in this case their tactics fell flat.

And playing online versus somebody is just like versing somebody in the game, although you know the person the gameplay is still the same.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    I've wanted to get PBR because I really want to just battle random people without the need for friend codes(plus it's 3D), but I still haven't gotten it and fear that it's probably too late since I doubt many people still play it online. =[

I know it isn't a new Pokemon Stadium and while that did disappoint me when it first came out, it's just that one feature that attracts me. XD

Years
    Nah, I remember when I first got that game. I thought it would be fun, but it was a big disappointment :/

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    idk why but I loved PBR, I think cause the battles actually provided more of a challenge than the other Spin of games like that, although it did get frustrating and annoying D:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Well I do play it, I just battled some people a few minutes ago. I like the random Wi-Fi battles, but it's annoying how most of the teams have legends and Ubers on them. I rather not use them, cause it almost feels like cheating to me, though I do use Heatran and Articuno during Colosseum battles. It's also fun to own teams of Ubers with NFE's and NU Pokémon. CB

It's good for some occasional amusement, but it's not by any means Pokémon Stadium or Colloseum/XD. I loved those games, so PBR was kinda disappointing. The main reason I played was for the surfing Pikachu.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I play it occasionally but I never do the online thing. It's something I'll pick up once in a blue moon and play for a few weeks straight and then let it gather dust again. Not to mention it's the only PKMN game I own..

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    I bought the game last month since i've been willing to play the game. I thought it was meh cause it felt like pokemon stadium in its beta stages. In other words, an unfinished pokemon game. I'm always thinking to myself that Nintendo rushed this game, which is why it turned out so bad. Heck even some of the models look bad (i think blastoise and venusaur have the worst models i've seen so far in this game)

Though do i still play it, eh, sometimes. I really hate neon coliseum though. Going against a pokemon i raised is hard for me to do, even if the pokemon i'm using is from the opponent, and they usually have a terrible move set. Haven't tried online yet, since i'm still trying to get my fighting spirit back after 2 years of not battling or playing pokemon (i'm afraid that i'll have a losing streak at this state)

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I still play time to time, but not as much as I used to.

Maybe because I'm not really into Pokemon anymore...

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I'll occasionally pick up the ol' Wii Remote and begin to play, although that is a rare occasion. Between having the time and actually having the feeling that I want to play, it's not something I would automatically schedule on my list of things to do (or play, in this case), but I still find the enjoyment in this game.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I dont play anymore personally. all i used it for was random wifi battles, and it eventually became difficult to use it for that purpose. you never know when you're gunna run into an uber team, and the fact that almost everyone uses ou pokemon makes it pretty hard to test uu teams.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    I won a free copy of PBR, so meh, I don't have much incentive to play it nowadays. I don't have to get my $50 worth, you know.

Back