• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Erica like this theme yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...I think the purple actually looks really good (although you could bump up the saturation & contrast of the blues used) but it just doesn't match with anything else. Toss some more colour in and it'll look really good. Don't just make a totally blue theme; don't listen to these people. ;O;

Years
    Hmm...

I actually don't mind the purple, but I'd like to suggest that you try gold/yellow where the purple is.

I'm still curious to see how this name turns out. :D

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hmm, I don't mind the purple either. It looks good, but in this theme the blue was better. I agree with Erica of what she is suggesting though. We do need a purple theme, but you do what seems right. I will love it anyway. ^_^

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I like the purple and personally would really love a purple theme.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Hmm...

I actually don't mind the purple, but I'd like to suggest that you try gold/yellow where the purple is.

I'm still curious to see how this name turns out. :D

I have to second this, yellow is a good combination colour with blue and would look nice with the gradients featured in this theme. (for those hankering for a purple theme, take a look here and here)

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
    Years
    The blues look quite good now. The thing is though, Pokecommunity has too many blue themes. I want to see some differences :|.

Cherrim

Years
    I MASSIVELY miss the purple. :(

You're slipping back into a monochromatic theme. The desaturated buttons aren't helping. That purple really brought out some needed contrast because now there's no focal point in this theme. It's just kinda... there... and blue... and we have lots of blue themes already. Nothing stands out to me.

/back to disliking this theme ._.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Well, theres a lot of blue compared to purple, ;3

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I really like the buttons. =D That is a very nice touch.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I really like those buttons Jake. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Cherrim

Years
    This is better. :O It's not as striking as the original purple was (I really liked that) but still better than blue.

I do feel all the colours are a bit too pastel. What happens if you brighten them up and saturate them? Does it look tacky? I think everything would stand out more. As it is, the buttons don't catch my attention and I just know if I use this theme I'm gonna mix them up because they're just text, too. :/

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    K, now that you've installed some more colors, I think the color scheme looks fine now. xD Looks more vibrant and stuff; the gradients are much better too.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Oh crap, the purple absolutely wrecked it, Jake. It was such a great theme before, with the awesome blues. ;;

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    In my opinion, the thead gradient is great.
    It's the tcat and the vbmenu control gradients that clash.

You should incorporate more of the red from Palmer, though. Maybe change the Blog image to that and change the Multiquote off icon to yellow. That way you incorporate every brain in the misc icons. That, or make the Edit image yellow.

But I'm not a big fan of the rep blocks. :[
    You should make those more Battle Frontier-ish.

And change the time color back to the blue you had. That was really nice. The red's ugly there.
    Same for the last post icon.

Cherrim

Years
    This is better, Jake. I still don't like that weird dark yellow but that's personal bias. XD;

I agree on changing the time colour; I know I've been saying nothing stands out but the red stand out a little too much. Change it back to the blue (or make it purple to tie that colour in a little more).

Also don't listen to Mork, he doesn't know what he's talking about. :(

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    WOw I concur, this theme is very nice, the buttons, the color. Very nice Jake

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back