• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does this uniform make me look smart?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I go to uni, so nope. Though I had to in highschool and primary school, which I didn't mind, because I'm not really a clothes person and being in uni means each day I go I need to have different clothes that look nice, etc. Idk, it was easier when we all had the same uniform so we didn't have to wear different clothes... I think I'm repeating myself but you get the point.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yup. Most state schools in Australia enforce uniform. I think I rather a uniform because although I like wearing my clothes, trying to figure out what to wear everyday would be rather... tedious. I'm a varied person, I don't want to wear the same thing within two weeks.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yeah, our school mandates us to wear school uniform. Ironed black pants, a belt, half/full shirt and a tie. >>; I have to wake up and iron my uniform every morning, so yeah. I don't mind it, since I find it comfortable enough. I think I would prefer casual clothing though.

Years
  • Negative answer. My country of course wanted to make students wear uniforms, but that didn't work out.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Never have... but always wanted to. I dress very casually (t-shirt and jeans, plus a hoodie if it's anything but summer) and often got annoyed at girls who would come to school dressed as if it were a wedding party or a nightclub. I would've felt more comfortable if we were all wearing the same thing, and what's the problem with wearing a skirt and a shirt with the school name on it?

It's not that I have a problem with self-expression; it's anything but that. I just would've felt better knowing that my outfit looked no better or worse than anyone else in the school.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Yup, in fact, I just had to go finish buying mine a little while back (which wasn't fun in the slightest). I've had to all my education and I really aren't that bothered that I have to wear them, but I would like the go to school in normal clothes, just for the difference.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Button downs, pants (Unfortunately. Goin' in the undies is so much better!), loafers...

Also, an optional sweater vest, which I wear religiously. Even in this horrible heat.

I like the uniform. It looks... neat. It's black, white, and grey.

Years
  • Thank the stars i don't have to. Hooray for public school and college. Uniforms are pointless and often impractical, like having to wear slacks and sweaters in 90+ degree heat.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • I've been in public schools all my life, so I don't mind uniforms. As said in a post before, they prevent stereotyping if someone is poor, and in the case of Christian schools like I go to, prevent any...er..."non-Christian" designs on T-shirts.

So yeah, I really don't mind uniforms, as long as they're comfortable(Like mine, polo shirt with school emblem and khaki pants)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Actually, our uniform's quite normal. Unlike other school which has crazy colours (green, brown) our has a white polo and navy blue pants. Though, it's quite ugly. The bottom is quite squarish.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I had to wear a uniform for part of elementary school and all of middle school. Said uniforms were drab and ugly, from what little I can recall of them.

To be honest, I don't really mind uniforms, as long as they're of the traditional Japanese style. Gakuran and sailor fuku are the only way to go, as far as I'm concerned. Contemporary Western-style uniforms are just so...unremarkable.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I live in England where I think every school has to wear uniform, but this year I start 6th Form which means for the first time since I was 5, I have no school uniform! :D

Not ever school in England wears uniform. Most do, like a lot, but not all. (Stupid lucky people I know...) but I'm in sixth form now, so no Uniform for me! I almost preferred it in a uniform though, becuase I felt less elf-concious becuase everyone wore the same, and you did'nt stick out as much. Being without uniform now feels really odd to me.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Up until my 4th year, the uniform was a simple white/green polo shirt, black trousers/skirts, and jumper with the school logo.
    After that, the school decided to switch to a uniform consisting of: A white shirt, grey trousers/skirts, optional grey V-neck jumper, tie, and blazer.

Years
  • I've never been to a school where I had to wear a uniform, although the school I go to now has a dress code that's pretty strict compared to those of my previous schools. We have to wear collared shirts and have them tucked in, and we can't wear shorts. But I always dress like that anyways, so it doesn't bother me. I'm kind of glad I don't have to wear a uniform though, because even though I'd like an excuse to wear a tie, I like to stand out by dressing really unfashionably. :D

...Although I'd still love a chance to wear that "Have you hugged your programmer today?" shirt to school that I bought and never wore because I had nowhere to wear it.

Years
  • In high school I had to wear a white shirt, a blue uniform jumper and black trousers. I didn't think much of it throughout my high school life, but by the time I was made a Prefect, I was given a jumper that had a gold band on the collar area and thought to myself that touch made me look a bit smarter. It's a sign of status more than anything else.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I've never had to wear a uniform... Probably because every school that I have ever attended had less than 450 students attending...

But in middle school, we had a dress code where no one could wear hooded, zipper up jackets... It got quite cold in the winter... D:

I've always wanted a uniform, because I don't have the best clothes so every day it's a struggle to find something decent to wear... Erm... Yeah... I only have about ten shirts good for school so last year and all throughout middle school, I was picked on because of my clothing.
    I feel that uniforms would be better because then no one would have to get bullied just because of what they are wearing. ... That and you wouldn't have to worry about what you're going to wear to school! :P

... But yeah... I think that our schools don't have uniforms because our student body is so small! XD This year at my new school, we have no 12th graders, 13 11th graders, 30 10th graders, and like... 40 9th graders... :D Very small school.

Infamously

Infamous me
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I never actually wore a uniform for school, since I have been in only two schools and neither requires wearing anything school-related. If the uniforms look cool and feel comfortable, I wouldn't mind wearing one, really, and they have to be like the ones in Kaichou wa maid-sama or Toradora!.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • My school has a dress code for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On Wednesday we have a uniform though, a tucked in button down shirt with a tie and dress pants and closed toe shoes. We have to on Wednesday because it's Chapel day XD I go to an Episcopalian private school.

I don't really mind wearing the uniform since it's only one day of the week. I've been told it's pretty cute/kinky on me too so that's an added bonus hehe.

Back