• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does your game delete itself?

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
    At first when i beat the elite 4 pokemon silver the game deleted itself. I thought this was probably something I'd done.
    I carried on playing Gold. But when i beat the elite 4, the game didn't delete itself, when i started trading monsters from yellow Gold to deleted itself.

Eventually my yellow deleted itself to.

Now i can't save on S/G, it just won't save
    On Yellow I can save however if i take out the yellow and play something, the yellow deletes itself again

Do you know why this is?

Currently playing Diamond, hopefull when i beat the elite 4 the game won't delete itself -.-

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Currently playing Diamond, hopefull when i beat the elite 4 the game won't delete itself -.-
    Diamond shouldn't since the cartridges have all been changed since the GB times.

Most likely an internal battery problem like said above. Since the games were made awhile ago, the constant play does drain the battery and since save files were kept by the battery running, with it gone, the save file is deleted.
    I didnt know R/B/Y had that problem though.

R/B/Y is less likely to do it IIRC.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
    Lol this has happened to me before on crystal xD. But my pokemon blue still works just fine :o.

@skyhunter104
    Err he totaled it? I'll just guess that means he can't save :o.
    Only thing I can think of is... actually I dunno other than dropping the cartridge from 20 feet onto hard cement lol.

the new guy

AKA damysteryman
    Years
    I agree with the internal battery run dry explanation. My silver did the same thing, but I fixed it.
    Here's how:

1. Get a small flathead screwdriver, a brand new CR2025 battery (preferably a good brand one), some sticky tape, and something to remove the bolt on the back of the cartridge.
    2. Remove the bolt on the back somehow (mine was already removed when I got it from a friend)
    3. This is in my opinion the hardest part. Now you have to use the screwdriver to remove the original battery from it's place. It looks like it's spot-welded onto the contacts. Be careful not to break or snap anything!
    4. After removing the original battery, put the new one in it's place with the negative terminal (-) facing UP
    5. Sticky tape everything into place and replace the plastic casing.
    6. Play the game, start a new game and save.

If you have done all this correctly, your save file will still be there the next time you play!

Chibi - Dalgia_X

[Y da hell am i smilin]
    Years
    I think totaling your game cartrige means you have maximised the save file by catching to many Pokemon and getting to many items

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
    Years
    Contact Nintendo, they should supply you with one.
    I think totaling your game cartrige means you have maximised the save file by catching to many Pokemon and getting to many items
    No, the game was designed for that, it is either too old, or you have not played it enough and the batterys have run thin.

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
    u can find replacement batteries at radio shacks, even.
    Oh and i think the GSC batteries ran out quicker because of the internal clock.
    The RGBY ones are due any day now :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    u can find replacement batteries at radio shacks, even.
    Oh and i think the GSC batteries ran out quicker because of the internal clock.
    The RGBY ones are due any day now :(

..actually..my blue version gave out about a year ago..

..and oddly..i bought my silver and gold version at launch together, but my silver won't save anymore while my gold version plays perfectly fine....

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    I've had RBY and GSC since they first came out and they haven't crapped out yet. :x But it's happened to my friends a bunch of times... beaten the game and they go to play years later only to find that all their data is gone. :x Must suck. D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2008
    That happened to my Silver. The battery failed on me. I had to manually replace it, but it is good as new now. You just have to open up the cartridge (if you're willing to) and replace the battery.

Years
    I lost all my data on my R/B/Y and G/S/C but at least I backed up my Pokémon onto my Pokémon Stadium 1/2 for after when I get some new batteries then I can use the trained Pokémon again.

Back