• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't be selfish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ehh...first word to any moderator or administrator to change all members here!
    I know my word is really no good and sometimes pointless with many bad grammar..
    But can you tell

All senior member!!

I'm sick you know! When i write down something, especially in [S-HIGHLIGHT]Pokemon Roleplay![/S-HIGHLIGHT] No one SEE or even ANSWER my post!
    I know that this is a big community, but as i know the senior is really selfish!
    Only really SOME people that kind and really got me happy! The other is really

I hope you all understand my rage,
    It's really hurt you know when your post is not noticed! Something like you're talking to no one!
    Okay..And please the moderator to make me like been notice! Even if my role-play accepted like no one came! Well, it's not just that place!
    PC sure need to make it chatbox more fun! Only that i can to tell you all!
    Really...I'm sick and cried when know A NEW RP just open and popular, MY RP NEW TOO!
    Why they so selfish..
    Sorry if something wrong....

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Sorry nobody's joining your roleplay. People probably either haven't seen it yet, or a) plan on joining it and are working on their character profiles, or b) don't have interest in it, and you can't blame anyone for that.

Years
  • Sometimes members here don't have time for certain things, we are all humans with lives outside of the internet too so don't worry if no-one's joining your roleplay, they just might not be interested or have the time to do it.

It's nothing to rage about, and remember that a moderator's job is to help you. They are there for a reason!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Also it's the holiday season and people are super busy with family, or out of town without internet or time to get online, so yeah...I'm sure someone will eventually join. Though posting a thread getting mad at everyone over this is a sure fire way to get people to not want to join your RP...they'll think this is gonna be how you act when you don't get your way, so that's not a good thing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Also, after viewing your thread, there's something that I notice could also be a reason. Even though it's not your fault at all since English isn't your native language and you're still learning, it's kind of hard to understand. It's also a really complicated world you have going on in the roleplay that not many people may understand. Combining Tales of the Abyss with Pokémon sounds really exciting to me, and I understand the terms, but others probably won't. People who aren't familiar with Tales of aren't going to know what artes are.

You should contact Skymin for some help with organizing your thoughts in your thread. If they were better organized, they'd make a little more sense and it won't be as hard to read, and make it easier to comprehend.

Years
  • It hasn't even been 24 hours since you posted your thread, though. Even on a forum as large as this one, you will have to wait several hours or perhaps even days for replies from time to time, so don't think of it as people being selfish. Plus given that this is the Roleplay Corner, many spend hours working on their character bios/everything else since it isn't a thread that requires a sentence or two as a reply. On top of that, many members are away for the holidays.

Really, just give it time! Believe me that no one is being selfish or thinking badly of your roleplay; they might just be busy being part of another roleplay that they already joined (since roleplays do require a lot of dedication and time) or don't have much interest in it. But there will always be people who'll join and you have to be patient until they make their posts, since all good things are worth that!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Perhaps if your threads aren't being responded to then it's worth considering that other people aren't causing the problem here? I've looked over your RP thread and honestly it was quite hard to understand, which is a definite turn-off when it comes to a field such as Role Playing which requires and thrives on good linguistic skills. I know it's not your fault since English isn't your mother tongue, but I'd strongly suggest asking someone to read over your thread beforehand and make a few adjustments for you, then it might seem more appealing. Also it hasn't been long at all since the thread was posted so it's worth waiting a little while yet before complaining about it, it's entirely possible people just haven't noticed it yet or are working on sign-ups still :)

double ninja'd :(

Years
  • We're a big forum, so there's that chance your roleplay may not get attention for days also remember that in the Roleplay Corner, most members often want to spend hard work on character bios and stuff. I don't usually visit the RP section cos I have no idea what to do with roleplays.

You can always contact Skymin if you think it needs improvements or improve on organization. Also, remember that a lot of members are usually on their Christmas & New Year holidays at this time of year.

Years
  • i'm suppose to tell this to Patchisou..but okay..

You know?
    It's not just there in RP side, yeah..My brother that around 11 is telling how kind is AlexOzzyCake that giving him permission to the Electric Rodent Club...
    But I am really sick, okay...once in a different forum than big PC..
    I am a new member and a senior quipped me in a thread...feeling sick..but there is some member that give me some kindness....
    And then later i am became the elite member of that forum...so warm...
    But here..even i'm trying in Japanese place, Club place, Other Club, and now role-play..i can't even be accepted...
    When Patchisou send me the PM i see the rule

Everybody is to respect other people on the board. (3 pts / 4 mths)
    The PokéCommunity is open to anyone. Do not threaten, harass or insult your fellow members, or launch ad hominem or personal attacks against any of them. Please respect the beliefs of other members. If someone acts uncivil, or harasses/intimidates you, you are not given the excuse to act the same in retaliation. If you disagree with the conduct of other members, please contact a staff member.

The part that make me rage is The PokéCommunity is open to anyone,
    if this is a real word, every word i write is not noticed!! That make me feel that i'm not open to join the friendship here... So..Like there's not much here to be done!

I'm Not just said about my thread!
    When i chat at the board discussion, it's like someone don't even noticed it...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Re: the disrespect rule
    Now you're just being silly. Nobody is disrespecting you. Nobody is threatening, harassing, or insulting you. We're offering you advice. Not replying to your thread does not mean people are being disrespectful, or selfish. If anything, demanding people reply to you in such a way is selfish. We've all been there when we made something and it the response wasn't something we really desired. It's not fun, and it makes you feel bad, but it's a forum. Don't take it so seriously.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Honey, nobody threatened, insulted, or harassed you. You're getting the definition of disrespect all wrong. Disrespect is when you call everyone swear words like you did in your first post. It's not disrespect to not join a roleplay thread. You can't expect everyone in the roleplay forum to join it. That's not being disrespectful. That's people making their own decision to not join. I'm sorry no one has joined yet, but you just need to give it time. No one is going to join immediately for the many reasons people have given in their posts in this thread that you seemed to have ignored.

Years
  • Can you all read it?!
    It's NOT ALL ABOUT ROLE-PLAY!!
    Now stop! I tell you if PC is OPEN FOR ANYONE!
    Then if it open for me, why anyone not noticed me?! Now asnwer..W..H..Y?!
    You can't tell...How sad i am when my post in Other Club Discussion..RolePlay Discussion is not noticed by anyone at ALL!
    AAaand! You see, i make the RP 3 days ago~
    And some just been make and got one reply! Soo..can you now feel my feeling?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's open to everyone, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE is going to read your roleplay. Not EVERYONE is going to join or even wants to. I think you need to re-read the rule again, not us.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Can you all read it?!
    It's NOT ALL ABOUT ROLE-PLAY!!
    Now stop! I tell you if PC is OPEN FOR ANYONE!
    Then if it open for me, why anyone not noticed me?! Now asnwer..W..H..Y?!
    You can't tell...How sad i am when my post in Other Club Discussion..RolePlay Discussion is not noticed by anyone at ALL!
    AAaand! You see, i make the RP 3 days ago~
    And some just been make and got one reply! Soo..can you now feel my feeling?
    The only thing I feel now is impatience.

We're all explaining things to you about your inturpretation to the rules, and we all feel sympathetic towards your lack of replies, but if you want someone to hold your hand and reply to all of your threads, that isn't going to happen. It's as if you're expecting the entire forum to reply to your threads, because if someone doesn't, they're not being respectful? Don't you think that's a little silly?

Years
  • Astagfirullah, Allah bless me power to fight this syd TAT
    I MEAN THIS!!
    My post at a discussion and one thing, NOT MY RP THREAD!
    There's something like What Anime you into now? or Other Club Main Discussion and not MY RP THREAD!
    Hey syd? Could you read more proper?
    So..Are you now understand> I'm not noticed! Not just in my RP thread but in many OTHER thread than roleplay!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Jesus Christ Almighty, give me strength! Now that that's out of the way, I can read. As much as I hate to say it, your bad English is getting in the way of your communication with people. We're having a hard time understanding what you're trying to tell us. If you're having a problem with people replying to your threads regardless of what section they're in, posting this kind of thread and calling the community selfish is not the way to go at it. No one's going to want to reply to them now after they're seeing how you behave in this one.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Hi CharmingAngel. I think...I understand what you're trying to say. Your problem, according what to what I understood from your posts here, lies in the fact that you believe you're not being noticed by other people and your posts are being ignored. I can understand how it can get irritating since nobody likes to be ignored. Nobody. But seriously, all that's required is a little patience on your part. This is a really big place and there are a lot of different kinds of people. I'm sure someone will definitely reply to threads you make. You're not ignored. Pretty evident from this thread, really. Just take a look at how many staff members came to your help as soon as you called for it. ;p

Making threads like this isn't really helpful, though. Like some others above me said, people have various reasons behind them not posting in certain threads. I won't reiterate what they said because there's no point. But you gotta understand that it is not practical to demand absolute attention in a big place like this. Just be a little patient.

If it helps, it takes people almost 3-4 days to reply to threads I make. Happens everytime! XD;

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • CharmingAngel30,

What in the world are you trying to say? No one is being defamatory towards you or your thread. Everyone is entitled to their own likes and opinions. Just because your Role Play thread hasn't received any new posts doesn't mean people are being selfish. It means that either your thread was hard to understand (which it was, at least for me), or it doesn't capture the attention of other people. For instance, let's say I start a carrot fan club thread. Then, no one posts. It's not because people are selfish, it's because they have little to no interest in that particular thread. Although, I think others above me have made this much clear.

I completely agree with Sydian. Your English is quite cryptic, to say the least, and is building an odd language barrier that deters English speaking/typing individuals. Also like Sydian stated, starting something like this will not get the community to pay more positive attention to you. I cannot believe how much you blew up at the idea that the community is selfish. Is it us, as a community, being selfish? I don't think so.

Years
  • To be noticed, you have to be kind and respectful to other members, have a lot of patience, follow all the rules, be yourself, and try talking to other members using Visitor Messages. I'd suggest participating in someone else's roleplay to build up some good will with other members in the Roleplay Corner and one of them might find your roleplay interesting and join up. In order to keep your roleplay going once you've got members participating, you'll want to treat everyone with respect and dignity and be patient with them.

What I'd also recommend doing is being social on the forum. Oftentimes there are very few people who will actually bother posting, no matter who posted the thread! I often read 15 threads between posts I make, and there are many others who take even more time before posting. Often, I won't even be replying to a specific post in a thread I'm posting in, I just make a reply to the general topic of the thread!

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Please, calm down.

It's not that nobody's noticing you, or your roleplay. Roleplaying takes patience. You have to wait. I've read your RP, and I think it's pretty good, but most members aren't familiar with the Tales. Most roleplaying members here on PokéCommunity are already involved in RPs, and maybe they're too busy with that RP to join yours. The board is, indeed, open to everyone, and we all love the fact that you've joined PokéCommunity, but this forum isn't perfect.

Calm down and please try to understand. Members just don't reply instantly when you post a new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back