• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    303. First Gears was insanely tough the first time I played it but it was pretty fun once I learned how to use the cover efficiently, Gears 2 was a blast to play though that's for sure lol.

I prefer not to play as many RPGs as I used to nowadays because they usually take forever to finish and it starts to become more of a chore if anything by the 3rd month or so.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Pixy, I think your number's off... unless we effed up royally somewhere a long while back :X

I'm thinking of going back and replaying Lost Odyssey again now... idk why. It's a fantastiiiiic game, though. I get what you mean about RPGs though... they can get boring after the relentless grindfests and gaps in plot points that can be hours between 'em...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

So much American video game talk @_@ Can't stand most that crap, tbh. Too violent, condones gun use, and no point to most of them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    306. Oh man now that one took an eternity and a half to finish, thank the lord the final boss fights weren't that tough though but it just felt so long that I started replaying games like Prototype and Dead Space on the side to keep the day from becoming that boring now.

I might replay FF13 myself sometime though, took a long time too and was arguably harder but I should be relatively fine for the most part if I can get a new game + with all my stats from before.

I want to see if Versus 13 will be any good though once it comes out.

jpp8

Producer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013

I understand not having a preference for western developed games, but with that kind of justification? lololololololol I could tear that apart with all the crap that eastern developed games do and more.

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

The condoning of guns thing is arguable. It's not necessarily that they condone it, at least not most of these games we've been talking about-- it's just set with a war backdrop which, inevitably, entails fighting with guns. And death. And such. A lot of JRPGs are like that too, though most generally that deal with fighting stick to the gun's predecessors for destruction, like the bow and the sword and the ax.

Lost Odyssey kinda dwindled on Disc 4. Won't deny that. But that is the disc that had all the secret bosses and sidequests. If you had wanted, you could have just finished the game easily and relatively quickly after recovering the party and receiving the Nautilus at the end of Disc 3. Plus, it had a damn good OST I thought, so the battles and stuff were generally enjoyable to me.

XIII doesn't have New Game +, I don't believe. It has post game stuff, like the final Crystarium stage unlocking, but... yeah. That's about it really. Which is one of the things I think that killed XIII: It lost replay value. XIII-2, which I've still yet to finish, is a lot more fun to me because you get to go back and explore areas and such and redo scenarios that you've already done.

Versus better be good. It's been in production for how long now? And it's the main reason we don't have KH3 yet. The dev team working on Versus is the main KH team. z.z

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

I mean there are some good Western games, but I just don't like how a lot of them are overly violent. Sure, some JRPGs are just as bad, but a lot of them are fantasy whereas the Western ones are more modern or realistic or w/e.

Idk, I'm the person who is proud to hate her country. I'd love to be anywhere but here </3

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

I think that's more of a personality/psyche type thing though. Most Westerners like the immersive feel of realistic looking games. Whatever reasons for that idk, it varies, but it seems like to most people I talk to that that is why :X

I admit I dislike America in many regards. Idk though... it's not that bad.... I do wish to move out of country asap though, so... does say I'm not entirely a fan. idk =/

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    313. Wow I leave for 3 seconds to find a good pic of Reshiram/Kyurem for my next sig and suddenly I feel like I missed a lot lol.

Anyways regarding LO, I did notice a few new areas such as Terrace Cave and I believe I might have done a few sidequests in Gohtza too well what was left of it anyways and there was a somewhat hidden area that I came across that would have enhanced Cooke's overall usefulness quite a bit I recall but in all honesty I didn't notice all that much to do outside of the main plot and those damn Arthrosaurus at the time lol. And yes the OST was really good. The Thousand Year Dreams feature though easily sticks out as my favorite part of the game even if it's just a collection of novels/stories but god damn were they great to read.

Yeah the final Crystarium stage was what I wanted to delve into myself sometime and possibly get any missing achievements too, that and in all honesty I kind of enjoyed the plot a bit or whatever you called it lol.

Hopefully Versus 13 will come out by mid next year, I stress hopefully though.

I don't hate America nowadays, I just hate the aholes who ruin it for everyone else.

jpp8

Producer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013

Then don't play or focus on the games with those kind of settings? Makes more sense to me to ignore those settings than to just condemn the hemisphere's developers as a whole, since they do produce things with fantasy settings like Fable, League of Legends, The Elder Scrolls, and a whole slew of other WRPGs. Judge a game for its inherent content rather than its inherent area of development? Hating your own country doesn't make you any better than those who don't play games for being "too anime", contrary to the fact that one is the opposite of the other.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    315. I haven't played many WRPGs back then honestly but I did happen to enjoy Elder Scrolls, Baldur's Gate (Not sure if that's western though but whatever.), Dragon Age, KOTOR, and Mass Effect quite a bit and I believe most if not all of those games are WRPGs if I recall correctly lol.

But yeah it can be pretty hard to find a decent plot in most video games nowadays if you ask me.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

So much American video game talk @_@ Can't stand most that crap, tbh. Too violent, condones gun use, and no point to most of them.

_proxy

OH THAT SLAPS ME ON THE KNEE.

Riku

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Mass Effect. I own the first two but haven't played 'em yet... got the demo for 3 though. Love the Multiplayer in it. As for most of the others aside from KOTOR though, I could never get into 'em or never got a chance to play 'em.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    318. All you need to know about Elder Scrolls is that it's crack in its purest form, as explained by Pee Wee Herman here. And no I can't post the full video on here for some odd reason so I'll just have to make do with the link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=kHFnc_eV4Lg

Mass Effect is kinda like Gears Of War if everyone had telekinetic powers lol. Not a bad series at all though and the first 2 games should be pretty cheap by now.

Been ages since I last played Baldur's Gate and Gauntlet though that's for sure lol.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    320. Listening to some Super Junior a friend linked me to on Skype I SWEAR I'M NOT GAY GUIZ.

Seriously though it's alright I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back