• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Modz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Ohhh right. Check when you get home! /is addicted
    /probably shouldn't be that addicted

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Nica if I get home before you log off, I want to show you the banner I made for Sandile. :o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Omg I hope you do! :D
    /wants to see

..And I can show off UP to everyone in the world.

UP may officially be named - Violet Fair. Depending...on people's thoughts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Hmmm... although Violet is the color of the skin, I think UP matches its... 'personality' more. If you get what I mean.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Nee, isn't your Togekiss in Platinum named Mithos? :x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yes! I'm glad you know how my avatar still relates to Tales of Symphonia. xD Togekiss works nicely with my usertitle, username, and userbars as well~

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

I just remember you making a ToS team and knew you had a Togekiss. Couldn't remember whether or not it was Mithos or another one was, buuuuuuut...... Seeing the avvie, I just kinda knew :V

EDIT: I like how your everything looks on Nica's Style, too. It all blends really well. Same for my stuff too, but... not the point I was trying to make =b

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It's because I was being the Obsessed-ToS Fangirl I am and naming my team after people from Tales of Symphonia.

Roserade - Presea: It was going to be 'Sheena', since I would think she would suit it more, but Sheena doesn't quite match the 'Timid' nature that my Roserade has. So, its name is Presea instead.

Empoleon - Genis: Being the only character that has a water move in the group (unless you count Healing Stream and Undine), Genis was the obvious choice here. Works well with the nature my Empoleon has (which I'm sure is 'Calm').

Gallade - Zelos: If it weren't for 'Jun/Barry' being named Lloyd (I named myself Colette) I would have named this Gallade after Lloyd. However, Zelos works as well for a Gallade, and he can be a bit Jolly himself.

Luxray - Yuan: Kind of obvious here (though if I happened to have gotten a shiny one, it would have possibly been called Mithos like on VDex). Yuan using a lot of electric attacks, and he was quite Adamant in stopping Mithos and his twisted ideals.

Umbreon - Raine: Though Espeon is a more suitable Pokemon for Raine to me, all my Espeons will forever be named 'Red', and I wanted an Umbreon on my Platinum team (Espeon is on Pearl and Soul Silver). I think it works out, since my Umbreon has a Careful nature, with the move Wish.

Togekiss - Mithos: Well, my other options at this point were Regal, Kratos, and Sheena. All three whom I can't see as a Togekiss. Mithos seems to work well for a Togekiss, having the move Retribution (my Togekiss has Paralyze Wave) and having an ability called 'Serene Grace' is suitable for Mithos as well. Not to mention that my Togekiss is of the 'Bold' nature, something Mithos definitely is/was (he managed to stop a war despite being a half-elf, after all).

You... probably don't agree with any of this (since I haven't seen us agreeing with much other than Mithos is amazing), but there you go.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

Well, I do agree with you on the fact Sheena would make a nice Roserade. Although I can't see why you named her Presea instead, as to me Presea is anything but Timid, ( except in the cutscene where she gets her soul back. I almost cried in that scene. >: ) especially in the Sacrifice scenes.

To be honest, I'd probably name Empoleon after Zelos instead, since he looks more like a Zelos than a Genis to me. But I do agree with naming Gallade after Zelos, and that actually fits much more in my opinion. (I lol'd at your naming Jun "Lloyd". If I had to go with a Symphonia themed game... I'd probably name him after Gnome, to be honest. The personality fits.)

Luxray and Yuan? That's epic. Good choice there.

I do disagree with your naming Umbreon after Raine, though. Raine more fits Glaceon to me. Although the only Symphonia character with a dark spell I can think of off the top of my mind is Pronyma and GOD(dess :P) I hate her.

And as for Togekiss/Mithos... The Retribution/Paralyze Wave makes sense. That's one arte I remember out of that quick battle.

Serene Grace, however... I partially disagree. He sort of lost his "grace" after Martel's death, but I can see it in him beforehand. Although his animations sort of fit... Half and half?

Agreeing on the nature part.

I mostly was like "lolwat?" because of how Togekiss looks. But after you explained, I understand more.

I used to have a Tales themed team in SoulSilver, but I found myself referring to my Flareon and Feraligtr by different names before long... And ended up going to get everyone's name changed. xD;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well, there really isn't another female 'timid' character in Tales of Symphonia. Presea may not exactly be timid, but she has that quiet nature, which is close enough to Timid for me to place her as such. Also, I think Roserade is small (though not as small as Roselia, and Budew, haha).

I don't really see Zelos as a 'calm' person, though, and the fighting style of Empoleon I would say suits Genis than it does for Zelos. For most of 'em, I did it more on the other aspects, than on the looks. If I did it based on looks, I would probably still be wondering what I want for a team, to be honest.

Exactly why I said 'was' (as an after thought, but a thought regardless). Mithos was pretty lucky as a kid, being after to stop a war, and even something as little as always beating Yuan in Rock, Paper, Scissors (Tales of Fandom 2). However, yes, he did lose his grace after Martel's death. When I roleplay as Mithos though, I like to roleplay as prequel!Mithos, sooo. XD;

XDD This would be the first time I have a Tales of Based theme. :> Though on my Pearl I have a Clefable named Colette.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

Well, there really isn't another female 'timid' character in Tales of Symphonia. Presea may not exactly be timid, but she has that quiet nature, which is close enough to Timid for me to place her as such. Also, I think Roserade is small (though not as small as Roselia, and Budew, haha).

Except there's a quiet nature... I see where you're coming from though. And Roserade isn't that small, as I vaguely recall an episode of the anime showing it to be about 3/4s the size of Brock... That's a very vague memory though, so I could be wrong.

Although yeah, Budew and Roselia are quite small.

Speaking of Budew, I finally got around to catching one last night on SoulSilver using Sinnoh Sound. Caught about every Pokemon that could be found with it. <3

I don't really see Zelos as a 'calm' person, though, and the fighting style of Empoleon I would say suits Genis than it does for Zelos. For most of 'em, I did it more on the other aspects, than on the looks. If I did it based on looks, I would probably still be wondering what I want for a team, to be honest.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I tend to not be picky with nicknames, and just go "YOU LOOK LIKE A MITHOS! Oh wait, you're a female... Errrr... OKAY, MYTHIA IT IS THEN!"

...Now I want to name a Pokemon Mythia. Hmmm, maybe I could rename my Ampharos... It's current nickname doesn't fit it anyway... = 3=

And I'm going to assume you're using Empoleon as more of a Special Attacker then a Physical? I used mine as Physical, personally.

Exactly why I said 'was' (as an after thought, but a thought regardless). Mithos was pretty lucky as a kid, being after to stop a war, and even something as little as always beating Yuan in Rock, Paper, Scissors (Tales of Fandom 2). However, yes, he did lose his grace after Martel's death. When I roleplay as Mithos though, I like to roleplay as prequel!Mithos, sooo. XD;

I seriously need to go back and find the subbed Tales of Fandom 2 videos again. It's been so long since I watched them, that the first thing that comes to mind is "that art style was weird..." instead of something about the dialogue. >_>

Ha, I need to find a good RP somewhere. The last one I was in ended up getting taken over by two people who were the only ones that ever did anything useful, and it ended up getting disbanded because everyone left (including me) due to that.

XDD This would be the first time I have a Tales of Based theme. :> Though on my Pearl I have a Clefable named Colette.

I don't think I've ever named a Pokemon after Co-- Wait, yes I did. Back in one of the Mystery Dungeons, my partner Pikachu was named Colette. I can't see Colette as a Pikachu anymore, though. :/

Oh, and uh, 70...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Except there's a quiet nature... I see where you're coming from though. And Roserade isn't that small, as I vaguely recall an episode of the anime showing it to be about 3/4s the size of Brock... That's a very vague memory though, so I could be wrong.
    Quiet nature doesn't quite work for Roserade. XD Since while it does make it's Special Attack higher, it brings down it's speed. Sizes in the anime tend to be off. 2'11'' is pretty small for a full-evolved Pokemon.

And I'm going to assume you're using Empoleon as more of a Special Attacker then a Physical? I used mine as Physical, personally.
    Mine is a Special Attacker, as Empoleon has a base attack of 86, and a Sp. Attack base of 111.

Ha, I need to find a good RP somewhere. The last one I was in ended up getting taken over by two people who were the only ones that ever did anything useful, and it ended up getting disbanded because everyone left (including me) due to that.
    I haven't roleplayed in months. ;^; I used to roleplay in Livejournal, but I haven't gotten the motivation to do so in a long time. And it's been yeeears since I've done a forum roleplay.

I can totally see you naming your Pokemon after cities, dondon. XD

71!

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

Victreebell: Peashooter

It made sense when it was a Bellsprout that knew Bullet Seed. Now it seems weird. :U

Primeape: Vegeta

He's all angry. JUST LIKE VEGETA.

Vaporeon: Merry Go

The Merry Go is the ship the Strawhat Pirates used to have. Vaporeon is like my ship because it knows surf, so I named it after a ship.

Ninetales: Kyuubimon

It's a Pokemon named after a Digimon. PARADOX.

Snorlax: Ganon

I was out of ideas. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I like my speed, so unless it's a Pokemon like Umbeon who can work better with less speed (Payback) I try to avoid natures that bring speed down. xD Though the Quiet nature fits Presea as a whole because it brings down speed too bad it brings up special attack and not attack. :B

I think that's what I did for my Pearl. I caught the Pokemon I wanted, then after I caught 'em I gave 'em a name I thought suited 'em. Think I planned out my Soul Silver named, and definitely planned out my Platinum names. XD;

Welll... there are other cities you can name em? :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back