• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Modz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    2. I asked people here for nicknames for Diamond and SS. Pearl names were just for fun. |B

Ricky the Roserade. Eric the Empoleon. Reika the Rapidash. Steve the Staraptor. And so on. :B

And I vastly prefer speedy Pokemon in battle.

But I like Minneapolis as a city and for its name! :B

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

What up with the Loke avvie, Tara?

Ugh, breeding can be a pain without a Magma Armor/Flame Body Pokemon to speed up the process and when you're trying to get a specific gender, nature, and ability. /trying for female (though will do male if I get the other two), neutral or Attack-oriented (preferably Adamant or Lonely) nature, Sniper Skorupi in Pearl

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

To me it's Mithos avvie. XD I just felt like using it, I guess. Kind of like with Hitomoshi. Never thought I need a specific reason for everything I did.

Oh gawd. I know what you mean. @_@; Least it's a Skorupi and not like... an Eevee? /was just glad she Everstoned the nature and gender.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Well Loke's better >:D /Nasty Plot Baton Passer ftw

The Skorupi I used to breed has an Everstone attached thank god I held onto the one I had in the Underground and so far I've been lucky at getting neutral natures since she herself has a neutral nature.

'Course, I got tired of my SS because I'm pretty much done again. Just need to beat Green to have all 16 badges, though I wanna get my team to at least level 60 so I have a chance against the improved E4.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

You should know my response to that. <3

I restarted for my first Eevee, then after realizing that I wanted Raine to know Wish, got a Pokemon to learn wish then bred until I got an Eevee. /usually too lazy to do such things, but Umbreon would be less like a Raine without a healing move.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Sob, Wish Umbreon. I really wanted Platinum!Kanon to have Wish, but wouldn't you know the Togepi hatched the opposite gender, sob. I was much too lazy to evolve it into Togetic so I said "Screw it, Umbreon will just have one Egg move".

Of course, I then went on to evolve the Togepi I got in HG so I could breed it with Murkrow to get my Nasty Plot Togekiss.

Also, we both have teams where the nicknames come from series we like :B /or in your case, just one series

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I forget which Togepi I used in order to get Wish. XD But it was a tedious task, since I had to breed it with a Pichu and made sure the Pichu was male. Then I had to evolve the damn Pichu before I could breed it with my Eevee. XD;

True true! Then we both have other teams in which have nicknames from series we like here and there~

Espeon (Red) x2 - Pearl and Soul Silver. Yupyup!
    Luxray (Jin) - Pearl. Forgot why I named it Jin.
    Clefable (Colette) - I think this is why I named myself Colette in Platinum. XD
    Houndoom (Conan) - This guy is when I learned that Nasty Plot = <3
    Honckrow (Inspector) - This one is subtle, but I was thinking 'Inspector Megure' when my friend was nicknaming it. |D;
    Milotic (Ruby) - If I had to explain this I would be scared. XD

Uhm... I think that's it for me. I really hope I didn't forget any. xD; Obvious wasn't including Platinum.

I know, right PIXY? XD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Someone tell me why THREE TIMES IN A ROW I get male Bashful Skorupi with Battle Armor (my Everstone Skorupi is Hardy). Unless this is Plat. onwards, I could've sworn the nature, gender, etc. was not decided until AFTER you pick up the egg in DP too.

I think I was gonna use a Pika with Togepi in Plat., but I forgot what I was gonna breed it with afterwards.

My SS team is as follows:

Haru (Meganium)- I love naming all my Grass starters Haru because it fits, and I like Haru from Rave <3
    Loke (Togekiss)- If he were female he'd be Lucy. So what better choice than to name him after Lucy's best summon/biggest fan? :D With him, I can Nasty Plot and Aura Sphere my way through things, and Baton Pass Nasty Plot off to my Jolteon.
    Lucy (Skarmory)- The Pokemon I named Lucy after :D I honestly think I should teach her something instead of Fly (possibly Aerial Ace, maybe Night Slash), but for now she's my Double Teaming Swords Dancer who Roosts when necessary.
    Lucia (Vaporeon)- Well, Lucia is a male in Rave :> But anyways, named her after myself because I love Vaporeon. She's my Aqua Ringing Leftovers user with a touch of Surf and Ice Beam. To top it off, if any Pokemon tries to up their stats, she has Haze.
    Shiki (Jolteon)- Shiki's a pretty wild character in Monster Hunter Orage, so why not name a pretty wild Pokemon after him? As mentioned earlier, Shiki's the most likely candidate for receiving Loke's Baton Passed Nasty Plots and Wish. With his Speed and Electric type moves he's mostly unstoppable. I pretty much need to worry about Ground types with him out, since all his moves are Electric (Thunder Wave, Shock Wave, Charge Beam, Thunderbolt). But I chose all Electric for him because Thunder Wave paralyzes, Shock Wave never misses, Charge beam has a good chance of raising his Sp. Atk. if need be, and Thunderbolt is a strong accurate Electric move.
    Natsu (Arcanine)- Oh come on where do you think his name came from. While not a Dragon, his nature and ability fits pretty well (Quirky/Intimidate; Flash Fire would definitely work better but oh well), and he's got himself Karyuu no Houkou (Fire Dragon's Roar, a.k.a. Flamethrower) and a physical Fire move (Flare Blitz), not to mention Crunch and Reversal, though I've been thinking of taking out the latter for Extremespeed.

I could go through my Plat. team too but I don't feel like it right now XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well... you can do the easy way out and do the egg trick to figure out the nature of your egg right after you get it (my lame and probably not clear explanation is in WOFG). That way you don't have to wait for it to hatch to at least know the nature. :>

XDD Well, you did list them more in depth than I did, so it's excusable. :3

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Ooh, I should try that.

And apparently it is Plat. onward where the egg details do change if you don't pick it up first. The IVs seem to change, but that's about it. And hell knows I'm not gonna try that.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Sorry, Pixy.

Well, Myrrh is now the only male on my Pearl team XD /Serious Male with Sniper

Speaking of which, my Pearl team:

Claire (Infernape)- My character is Luna, so I thought of Claire de Lune (or Claire de la Lune, whatever it was), though I think I originally named her Clair... Claire looks nicer and prettier, in my opinion. She's a Sp. Atk. Pokemon, despite her typing, mostly because of her nature (Modest).
    Fia (Misdreavus)- Ironically, Fia from Riviera (where I got the nick from) is the Holy healer/fencer. I plan on making Misdreavus my Mean Look + Perish Sing combo boss, so she'll have to hold off evolving for now.
    Reina (Crobat)- I love Crobat, so I decided to have one on my Pearl! She has the same moveset as all my other Crobats (Kylier on Emerald except replace Cross Poison with Sludge Bomb, Millie on HG), so yeah. Name kind of comes from Reina from Rave.
    Sierra (Bastiodon)- These things are defensive beasts, and are surprisingly more Sp. Atk. oriented, so to speak. They can really learn both Attacks and Sp. Attacks at their leisure, but w/e. Name is sort of based on her typing plus I like the name.
    Lucy (Cherrim)- Surprisingly not Erica! Lucy seemed to really fit Cherrim so it wasn't just a FT thing. And as you can probably expect, she's got that Sunny Day + Solarbeam combo, with a Heat Rock to boot.
    Myrrh (Skorupi)- Idk why, but I really like Myrrh for this Pokemon. I sort of think Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones when thinking of Myrrh, but the character there was female plus some kind of dragon. She had purple hair though, so maybe that was the case? XD; Anyways, I plan on giving him Scope Lens and some other high crit. hit moves. He's already got Night Slash, which is a start.

Years

Last time I played Pokemon, I was full on TOUHOU FTW, so my Pokemon have unimaginative nicknames.

8RstuPId2Y the Jigglypuff
    Mokou the Typhlosion
    Yamame the Ariados
    Mystia the Fearow
    Iku the Lanturn
    Keine the Miltank

Hatate the Skarmory
    Star S. the Suicune
    VIVIT-r the Porygon-Z
    SeedOfNoID the Magnezone
    Wriggle the Flygon
    Eirin the Blissey

At least there's Black and White in the horizon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Last time I played Pokemon, I was full on TOUHOU FTW, so my Pokemon have unimaginative nicknames.

8RstuPId2Y the Jigglypuff
    Mokou the Typhlosion
    Yamame the Ariados
    Mystia the Fearow
    Iku the Lanturn
    Keine the Miltank

Hatate the Skarmory
    Star S. the Suicune
    VIVIT-r the Porygon-Z
    SeedOfNoID the Magnezone
    Wriggle the Flygon
    Eirin the Blissey

At least there's Black and White in the horizon.

I give my Pokemon worse names. Ask Maly. loool.

But yay for B/W!

0 because I don't feel like reading to see the number again.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Then you can have all Gintama names :D

As you could tell with my SS team, I was hooked on Mashima. But every once in a while I attempt to be creative. Except then it takes longer for me to come up with nicknames.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm never creative. Just look at my non-series oriented names:

Torterra (Tiny): I wanted it to be a walking Oxymoron. What'd you expect.
    Aerodactyl (Aero): Okay. I techinically got this from Pokemon Special, but either way... it's unoriginal. XD;
    Ampharos (Denryuu): Okay. I couldn't get any less original my naming an Ampharos it's Japanese name. Thinking on renaming it Moses though...

... I could have sworn I had more. My Bellossom doesn't count because she's named after someone amazing. Maybe I'm just braindead right now. XD;

Hn... I think I should go take a shower. Easy way to clean these scrapes that I should have cleaned hours ago. XD;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My Mesprit I caught yesterday is named Finally!
    Ho-Oh is named Success
    Zapdos is named B+UP...

I tend to name recent Pokemon based on how hard it is to get them. 0.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back