• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Dragon Ascent: A Dragon Lover's Club

Pick the newest dragon club mascot!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Fortissax is great yeah, Placidusax too. They're among my favorite fights in Elden Ring really.

Do you think dragons are overused in video games?
    I don't think they're overused, but I'm also biased lol

What do you think about dragons that use other kinds of powers (like electricity) instead/other than their usual spitting fire? Do you still consider them dragons or they should be labeled as something else?
    I think it's cool to see dragons have other powers besides fire, it'd be a little boring to stick only to that. It's never been the fire-breathing that makes a dragon a dragon to me. Like Alolan Exeggcutor could fly and breathe fire and I still wouldn't consider that a dragon.

Years
  • Do you think dragons are overused in video games?

They are abundant, for sure. But, I wouldn't call them overused.

How do you feel about dragons being portrayed as intelligent beings, even if reptiles, in general, aren't at all?

I think I might've just gotten used to it. Alduin & Paarthunax in Skyrim are intelligent dragons, for example.
    In anime they usually are as well so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What do you think about dragons that use other kinds of powers (like electricity) instead/other than their usual spitting fire? Do you still consider them dragons or they should be labeled as something else?

Idk any dragons that use electricity off the top of my head. I'm not a fan of games like Dark Souls/Elden Ring etc, so the one in the video is unknown to me. Briefly watched it and closed it again =p
    In Skyrim there were Revered Dragons who used magic to drain your vitality. Frost Dragons who use Frost magic instead of a fire attack, and then there's Alduin who has a whole bunch of magic he can use.
    I kinda like the variations, mixes things up a bit and prevents it from getting stale. Frost Dragons in particular have my interest, for obvious reasons :coolcat:

Years
  • Ooh a Pokémon club I forgot to join! Sign me up!

Dragon Pokémon have fascinated me since day one! They were so powerful, mysterious, and hard to obtain / train in the early games! The likes of Lance and Clair only enhanced that status. That feeling has always stuck with me even now.

Spoiler:

Sorry for dragging up an old post, but Blackmore's Night have a truly beautiful song about Benzai-Ten:

😊

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    There has been a disturbing lack of posts in the club. So I shall ask a couple of questions.
    Which Form of Kyurem is the best?
    What is the name of the complete Tow Dragon?
    I like black Kyurem, and I think it would just be Kyurem.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I kinda like all 3 forms of Kyurem really. I remember even using the base/unfused form in doubles years ago and it was kinda fun.

Hoping that someday we can finally see the complete Tao Dragon, but until then all we can do for names is make guesses based on any hints the names of the 3 dragons+Taoism or yin and yang might have to offer

Years
  • Ooh a Pokémon club I forgot to join! Sign me up!

Dragon Pokémon have fascinated me since day one! They were so powerful, mysterious, and hard to obtain / train in the early games! The likes of Lance and Clair only enhanced that status. That feeling has always stuck with me even now.

Spoiler:

Sorry for dragging up an old post, but Blackmore's Night have a truly beautiful song about Benzai-Ten:

😊

Welcome fair dragon whisperer Starlight,

You are in the right place, we are of ilk nature there, I too was fascinated from dragon Pokemon from day one, and dragons in general, you have also described their appeal well, their amazing strength power and rarity.

I don't bear any grudge that you have viewed the tales of dragons of old! Benzai-Ten is quite the lady, isn't she? I first encountered her story through Kris Waldherr's Book of the Goddesseses in the chapter about love goddeses, and was so beautifully illustrated that she came to hold a special place in my heart. I still have that book, though the spine is falling apart from too much love, the pages are still in good condition.

Thank you for sharing this enhanting song, the singing, strings and lyrics were lovely! You might have just transformed me into Blackmore's Night listener.

You're making me nostalgic for those editions of A Dragon's Tale too the more we talk about Benzai-Ten, and I might end up reviving the tradition after all. I have been absorbing Norse lore of late, and now am thinking that maybe the midgard serpent Jörmungandr should appear here as I tale I weave.

I am ready to inscribe your name on our stone halls dear friend, I just need to know which of the Tao Trio will you be tested by? Members must pass through either Reshiram's trial by fire, Zekrom's lighting parth or face Kyurem's ice? Which road do you go down, Kyurem's, Zekrom's or Reshiram's?

Years
  • Welcome fair dragon whisperer Starlight,

You are in the right place, we are of ilk nature there, I too was fascinated from dragon Pokemon from day one, and dragons in general, you have also described their appeal well, their amazing strength power and rarity.

I don't bear any grudge that you have viewed the tales of dragons of old! Benzai-Ten is quite the lady, isn't she? I first encountered her story through Kris Waldherr's Book of the Goddesseses in the chapter about love goddeses, and was so beautifully illustrated that she came to hold a special place in my heart. I still have that book, though the spine is falling apart from too much love, the pages are still in good condition.

Thank you for sharing this enhanting song, the singing, strings and lyrics were lovely! You might have just transformed me into Blackmore's Night listener.

You're making me nostalgic for those editions of A Dragon's Tale too the more we talk about Benzai-Ten, and I might end up reviving the tradition after all. I have been absorbing Norse lore of late, and now am thinking that maybe the midgard serpent Jörmungandr should appear here as I tale I weave.

I am ready to inscribe your name on our stone halls dear friend, I just need to know which of the Tao Trio will you be tested by? Members must pass through either Reshiram's trial by fire, Zekrom's lighting parth or face Kyurem's ice? Which road do you go down, Kyurem's, Zekrom's or Reshiram's?

Sorry completely missed the last bit!

Know the light, but hold the dark, be the watercourse of the world. As a Taoist, I shall remain balanced and walk the path of ice!

Years
  • Sorry completely missed the last bit!

Know the light, but hold the dark, be the watercourse of the world. As a Taoist, I shall remain balanced and walk the path of ice!

What a wise expression, this is most pleasing to the great ice dragon. Behold Kyurem has accepted you as his own! Welcome to the dragon clan sister Taylor, you have passed Kyurem's trial by ice.

Your name has been carved into stone in our halls, and as dragon clan elder I present you with this dragon gem as a symbol of your allegiance.

You have chosen a noble path with Kyurem as your guide. There are other Kyurem in this club, shiny Kyurem from the last dragon's share giveaway. Let me know if you would like to train one my friend!

Years
  • Not a Pokemon Dragon, but a Dragon nonetheless. I bought the 'Dragon Ball Z Creator x Creator Figure - Shenron (Ver. B)' figure, simply because Shenron has always looked cool to me.

Spoiler:

Attachments

• IMG_20221118_144222734.jpg
      IMG_20221118_144222734.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 83
    • IMG_20221118_144237241.jpg
      IMG_20221118_144237241.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 81
    Years
  • Wow! Rekoil's Shenron figure is just breathtaking, and brings back some nostalgic memories of watching Dragon Ball. Truly a work of art, thank you so much for the pictures. You are definitely on topic. While dragon Pokemon are beloved here at Dragon Ascent, this is a club for dragon adoration across all fandoms, and dragons in lore, legend and in the real world too.

I would like to ask dragon friends here what ways to trade pokemon do you have access to?

The reason for my quest is because I want to organize a Dragon's share event before the year is over, probably towards the end of December. For those who aren't familiar, and want to know more, the Dragon's share is an annual giveaway open to all Dragon Ascent members. It's always held at a different time each year, usually during a celebratory time like Thanksgiving or graduations.

First year Firebolt and I gifted shiny charmanders, trapinch, gible, goomy, swablu, kingdra and skrelp to Dragon Ascent members. Second year the prize was a shiny Kyurem I captured, lovingly cloned by Janp. This will be our third giveaway. Not telling you what treasures your lore keeper has uncovered just yet, but i will be able to offer some of the same pokemon as before, and with some new additions to hopefully make this the best year yet for our Dragon clan!

Members who think they might be interested in receiving a Dragon Share pokemon can let me that they're thinking of checking out the event, and tell me what games they can or can't trade in. That way I can make sure I have will plenty of pokemon for everyone before the event starts, and also know what the best way to trade would be. Since some of these were obtained in older generations I expect to do some transferring. I am planning on getting a new year subscription to Pokemon Home during the Christmas holidays, so I should be able to do friend trades there, Swsh, and also 3ds trades for oras, xy, and Sun and moon etc. I am really interested in Scarvio, and will probably buy a copy of Scarlet soon, but since I don't think there is home compatibility before spring gen 9 trades will probably not be something I do this winter, but we'll see, maybe I will go shiny hunting in Paldea too. Who knows?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Members who think they might be interested in receiving a Dragon Share pokemon can let me that they're thinking of checking out the event, and tell me what games they can or can't trade in. That way I can make sure I have will plenty of pokemon for everyone before the event starts, and also know what the best way to trade would be. Since some of these were obtained in older generations I expect to do some transferring. I am planning on getting a new year subscription to Pokemon Home during the Christmas holidays, so I should be able to do friend trades there, Swsh, and also 3ds trades for oras, xy, and Sun and moon etc. I am really interested in Scarvio, and will probably buy a copy of Scarlet soon, but since I don't think there is home compatibility before spring gen 9 trades will probably not be something I do this winter, but we'll see, maybe I will go shiny hunting in Paldea too. Who knows?
    Games in Gens 7, 8, and 9 all work for me

Years
  • Gen 6, 7, 8 atm for me.
    Though I'm stuck without Home Bank for a while, till it becomes free in like March.
    Oops, meant Bank 😅

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am not a Dragon type, but I love dragons!
    Salamence, Rayquaza, Charizard, ...
    Can I join this club ?

Welcome, our cove is always open to any Pokémon type who wishes to be our friend, a love of dragons is all you need to ask for membership. Rayquaza, Charizard and Salamence are great choices!

There is one thing more, the Tao trio must bless prospective members first.

We treat you as an honorary dragon, and welcome you with open arms, once you answer whether you would pass through Reshiram's trial by fire, Zekrom's field of lightning or Kyurem's path of ice shards. Which road do you go down i.e which of here dragons do you want the allegiance of?

Choose, and I Lorekeeper Sam will carve your name in stone in our halls as part of our community.

Years
  • I shall brave Zekrom's field of lightning!

**What are your favorite Dragon Pokemon? You may name as many or as few pokemon as you want.

Mega-Charizard, Delta Charizard, (Insurgence) Rayquaza, Salamence, Haxorus, Blazilisk (Solar Light / Lunar Dark) Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem!

**Have you ever encountered any shiny dragon pokemon?

Sadly, no...

**Other fictional dragons of interest?

Hmm... Draco (Dragonheart), Saphira (Eragon), Temeraire (His Majesty's Dragons), Alexstrasza (Warcraft), dragons (Istaria MMORPG), star dragons (Warhammer), ... and many more but the list would be too long! ^^

**Some members may wish to be reborn with a glorious new dragon name. If so visit the name generator and find out your true identity.

I shall be known as ... Demogorgon the Gold Hoarder!

My pearlescent scales catch the light!

I am the destroyer of worlds!

I wreathe the land in a suffocating fog!

All shall love me and despair

Last edited:
    Years
  • I shall brave Zekrom's field of lightning!

Zekrom is impressed by your courage, and has allowed you to pass through it's raging storm unharmed as a worthy Dragon trainer. Zekrom will always watch over you from this day forward. Behold the walls of our hall of members! Your name has been etched in stone as one of us! We also grant you a Dragon Gem to symbolize your status as an honorary dragon.

Mega-Charizard, Delta Charizard, (Insurgence) Rayquaza, Salamence, Haxorus, Blazilisk (Solar Light / Lunar Dark) Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem!

You have picked some of the mightiest and most exciting pokemon of all, brilliant selection. I was intrigued to hear of the fakemon dragon too like Delta Charizard and Blazilisk.

Sadly, no...

Don't despair Sister Gardevoir, you may encounter some yet during our Dragon Share event this December, should you desire to trade ^_^

Hmm... Draco (Dragonheart), Saphira (Eragon), Temeraire (His Majesty's Dragons), Alexstrasza (Warcraft), dragons (Istaria MMORPG), star dragons (Warhammer), ... and many more but the list would be too long! ^^

I shall be known as ... Demogorgon the Gold Hoarder!

My pearlescent scales catch the light!

I am the destroyer of worlds!

I wreathe the land in a suffocating fog!

All shall love me and despair

A fearsome name and equally fearsome introduction. You pass the test, you will diminish and go into the west, and remain Gardevoir.

Years
  • Did my box of Dragons in the GWS in BDSP.

I sent out:
    -18 Vibrava, which all know an egg move. Mainly just picked this line because I feel like this line is often forgotten and underappreciated.
    -3 Bagon, which all know an egg move. This line is also a version exclusive.
    -3 Shelgon, which all know an egg move.
    -6 Seadra holding a Dragon Scale, meaning they will evolve into Kingdra upon arrival.

One of the Vibrava ended up returning... that's the second mon I saw return while doing these boxes...
    Spoiler:

Before:
    Spoiler:

After:
    Spoiler:

Received 2 Dragons back: Vibrava and Gible.

Ironically got just as many Psychic types with this box as when I traded a box for the Psychic club.
    Water types aplenty as well.
    None of these really stood out, other than the Wurmple being in one of those special Legends Arceus balls, and the Fearow being nicknamed 'Deoxys' for some reason.

Attachments

• 318105427_670557934792276_1559713085463530594_n.jpg
      318105427_670557934792276_1559713085463530594_n.jpg
      109.4 KB · Views: 56
    • 318345125_670557518125651_1453405822687030795_n.jpg
      318345125_670557518125651_1453405822687030795_n.jpg
      108.9 KB · Views: 55
    • 318370322_670557911458945_897476912502519747_n.jpg
      318370322_670557911458945_897476912502519747_n.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 53
    Back